Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Mymla posted:

Why are comic book Rights such a massive clusterfuck?

In like the 90's, Marvel had some pretty bad financial problems and optioned off large swaths of their popular IPs for movies.

Remember how, back in the day, nothing was connected. Everything had to stand on its own? Like Steel? Yeah. Dark days.

And some people have the balls or ladyballs to wish for the bad old days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

RareAcumen posted:

Anyone have a list of all these not SHIELD organizations?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.H.I.E.L.D.

Who knew?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Aleph Null posted:

Did any form of media ever clarify what H.A.M.M.E.R. stands for?

You're not cleared for that.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Pfffft, clowns?

They're delightful.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I think that the most violent/disturbing thing allowed on TV or other forms of media should be a man in a top hat twirling his mustachio quite evilly as he forecloses on Widow Goody's farm.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That was some... interesting teleportation Lockjaw has, huh?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

flosofl posted:

Good eye! It does look like the engravings from Coulton's manic art phase.

#itsallconnected

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

sticklefifer posted:

Milana Vayntrub is going to be Squirrel Girl on New Warriors. Awesome, she's great.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/milana-vayntrub-is-your-live-action-squirrel-girl-1796783215

The... AT&T girl?

Okay, sure.

I can see why they didn't pick Barb or Anna Kendrick, Freeform doesn't historically have a huge budget, and those two aren't exactly nobodies at this point.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Norwegian Rudo posted:

I would think Milana is a good few salary levels above Shannon Purser.

Probably, but Shannon has more buzz.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
You're right, that probably factored in there somewhere.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Earthquakes and rocketjumps are the most effective moves unless she wants to start murdering people by giving them an aneurism or heart attack.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Rocksicles posted:

Where is Barry Convex?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Just in case anyone has forgotten:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3664211&userid=83671&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

He went on like this for several months. So drat smug and condescending. So drat wrong. :allears:

I stiil don't know if S.H.I.E.L.D. is gone! :ohdear:

STAC Goat posted:

In fairness I think there's a reasonable distinction between Quake and Lash and the Inhuman Royals.

But obviously the point is all the weirdness in the Royals film/delay/tv stuff. Which seems so odd since MCU hasn't seemed to have those kinds of problems or changes with much else. The only things I can think of are changing actors with the Hulk and Rhodey, Portman and Paltrow leaving because they were being underused, and the uncertainty about what the fourth Avengers film is called.

The fourth Avengers movie title is apparently a spoiler for the third. They know what it is.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

They called the fourth Avengers film The Avengers Won.

What a clever reference. Perhaps next you will start taking about cookbooks and artisanal soda.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So which is gonna be worse, Iron Fist or Inhumans?

Man, I hope it's Inhumans so people will shut their face holes about Iron Fist, which is okay but not great.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BrianWilly posted:

I hope Inhumans is better so you'll have to continue saltily defending Iron Fist every single time it gets brought up in every single thread, and even sometimes when it doesn't.

(But, to be realistic, Inhumans will prob be worse)

You can always stop following me around and commenting on my posts. :)

\/\/\/ lol okay.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Aug 8, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Maxwell Lord posted:

With She-Hulk you could just hire someone tall and muscly. Granted nobody's coming to mind right now.

Adrienne Palicki would be ... oh.

Rhonda Rousey, maybe, if she does okay in the Roadhouse remake?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I just don't get it. I watched Sesame Street as a kid and obviously internalized it's LIEberal agenda, I guess.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

AbstractNapper posted:

drat, I just remembered AoS is not coming back until late 2017 or (worse) 2018.
And I just found out they skipped SDCC, so there's no news, no teaser promo for the new season and no season 4 blooper reel.

And this Inhumans show does not look at all like something that will be a decent replacement. I hope I am wrong.

Smoke on the street says they're coming back immediately after Inhumans ends, no break between shows.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Are you sure? I don't think they'll finish filming by Sept 30.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/06/agents-of-shield-return-date/

Seems legit.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The Orville isn’t bad. They gave the super strong girl eyebrows after the pilot so she could be more “relatable” to teenage hu-mon boys.

Mrs. Rainbowbeard said that the robot man has Brent Spiner’s inflections and the muscle alien has Michael Dorn’s.

It’s not a terrible show at all. It’s pretty much an off-brand Star Trek with a little extra humor that you don’t have to buy a subscription to CBA All Access to watch in America.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Well, they don’t seem wooden, that’s for sure.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

So not really surprising, ABC wanted to cancel AoS, but Disney told them no.

https://mcuexchange.com/abc-cancel-agents-shield-disney/

I've been saying since the start, AoS will be on the air for as long as Disney wants it. Maybe they wanted to replace it with Inhumans, but I have a hard time believing the show will do even near AoS's ratings.

But... is SHIELD gone?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yes. Agents of SHIELD is one of those "loss leader" things, Disney knows a TV Marvel presence is good for their bottom line, and overrode ABC.

With Squirrel Girl, Runaways, and Cloak and Dagger coming, AoS might not be as important time around, depending on how everything shakes out.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kheldarn posted:

Infinity War will involve SPACE!. GOTG come from SPACE!. Thor & Hulk come back from SPACE!. They'll head to SPACE! to fight Thanos. Hence why AOS will be in SPACE! for Season 5. SPACE!

This has never been a bad idea and has always worked.:colbert:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ojjeorago posted:

Where's the gritty modern Galactica 1980 remake?

I'm sorry, did you black out from rage at the end of the LadyStarbuck reboot?

:devil:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

Why are you guys making me remember Heroes?

I never watched that show because it looked bad and dumb.

Now, Firefly on the other hand...

😈

RareAcumen posted:

Still no Ken Marino, dammit.

Also I had to chuckle at the earthbender named Flint.

What's an earth-bender?

EDIT: I am contextually aware of what an Earth-bender is, I am making a joke similar to the comment about the earth-bending.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 8, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

howe_sam posted:

Looked to me like a variation on Starlord's helmet.

Starlord's helmet is pretty much a standard-ish issue Kree helmet that he's personalized over the years.

Is S.H.I.E.L.D. gone yet? Asking for a friend.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

Shield doesn't have a space agency like Spear or something?

Oh my beloved Brand, you will never make it into live action.

SPEAR is the Chinese equivalent of SHIELD, according to Hickman's excellent comics.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

I have fantasy casted Halson Sage as Kate Bishop.

Good choice.

Killing Loaf posted:

Is there going to be a way to watch the show as it comes out without cable? My roommate is thinking about dropping our cable/internet provider in favor of Google Fiber.

Hulu, my dude.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

cjg posted:

Were we supposed to know who was in that spaceship that showed up at the end?

I don't think so, no.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Kasius's buddies are probably not good people.

Probably Dove Cameron's character or something.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Chokes McGee posted:

The best part is everyone looking at Coulson like "WAS THIS THE DEAL YOU MADE" and him going "nope" and then no one asks what the actual deal is.

We'll find out. We'll see Robbie again.

Or the Ghost Rider, at least, if Gabriel Luna isn't available.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Chokes McGee posted:

Paging Nick Cage to the show. Nick Cage, to the show.

A Johnny Blaze who is free of the curse but still dragged into shenanigans is my favorite Johnny Blaze. I started reading when Danny Ketch was the Rider.

Whoever is currently "the guy" when you read a character's book for the first time is "the real one" in your headcannon. I dunno who this Hal Jordan is* and why he keeps stealing Kyle Rainer's thunder, or who this Barry Allen guy is* that keeps stealing Wally West's schtick, etc.

Characters like Robbie, Jane Foster being Thor, X-23 taking over for Wolverine, etc. stand on their own as being different enough to me so that I don't really mind... or I may just be a Marvel lifer with a passing interest in DC.

R-Type posted:

Time for antitrust to kick in and do it's job.

If they were forced to split off the Marvel and Star Wars stuff and leave it at Netflix while they did their thing with their streaming service wth the traditionally "Disney" stuff that would be okay with me. I mean, if they're doing stuff like Deadpool and Old Man Logan, maybe they need a little separation from the core Disney Brand.

That would be a pleasant surprise.

*I know who these dudes are, but they weren't "the guy" when I started reading, they were "the guy" when the current editorial team started reading...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
They like money though, right?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
And, y'know. The comic source material. Just look at the Shi'ar and the Imperial Guard... Shi'ar look human with (sometimes) feather like hair. They're supposed to have evolved from birds. All the Imperial guardsmen look like humans with one or two cosmetic differences.

The Kree are either blue or pink.

Sure, there are things like the Dire Wraiths, and the Brood, and the Phalanx, and the whatsit from the first episode and the whatever the hell Beta Ray Bill is, but if you have a large portion of your common alien races be "humans with cosmetic difference" then it's not that surprising.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
For the audience, yes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Think of it this way, though. Wouldn't it be grand if villains just sort of, you know, twirled their mustachios threateningly instead of these uncomfortable things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

RareAcumen posted:

:shrug: I dunno. I mean, they did it here, so I have an idea of what the issue is. I mean, sure, they could sit in a chair, stroking an alien cat for 14 episodes instead but, at this point, I'm really looking forward to Simmons making a Trawler+Kassius+Lighthouse sandwich.

If it's the future you don't have to worry about a body count, because it may not happen! :eng101:

RareAcumen posted:

We really need a thread title update now.

That would be neat.

• Locked thread