Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bio347
Oct 29, 2012
So Daisy is totally turning her powers in on herself either consciously or unconsciously, right? As part of some self-penance thing? Because she didn't have any problems last season when she was confident in what was going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

FELD1 posted:

drat, Yo-Yo stole the show during that episode. I laughed out loud when she grabbed that dude's knife and waggled it mockingly at him. Clownin' on dudes.
She has so much fun with her powers. It's great to watch.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

CeeJee posted:

I do hope the May LMD gets 'killed' and Aida gets to drop a wonderful suprise on the grieving team.
That seems like the basic goal, to me. The best way to use LMDs as a shield against agents being injured/dying is, naturally, to fully replace human agents with LMDs.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Coulson getting his gun hand ready for Yo-Yo was pretty fun.
I really like that whole sequence. The use of the speedster to enhance what everyone else is already doing is a pretty clever use of the power.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I thought it was that she could "end" the superspeed early (and then instantly restart it) and keep moving, but if she didn't she snaps back. It's why in the .gif of her running from the fire there are several more solid images in between all the blurred goesfast movement.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
The other option is we get another May versus May fight, and I think I could live with that.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I had always assumed that the second Aida is just made from a backup of the original (obviously pre-Darkhold) and perhaps an extra body, which seems reasonable enough for that sort of project.

You could always handwave away that making a whole LMD army would probably be both ridiculously expensive and incredibly obvious in terms of things like materials and manufacturing spaces, but it also doesn't really seem like it fits Radcliffe's motivations. Dude is ostensibly going for "the greater good" and I can't imagine an army fits that... for the time being. Who really knows after Darkhold exposure though?

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
The other part of attempting to turn Nadeer was literally said out loud: The easiest way to bait SHIELD would be with an inhuman, so they intended to create one.

Turned out to work (as far as they know), albeit not directly in the way they planned, because the bad guys DID end up capturing the "director" at the end of the episode.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I don't think the Framework is accommodating a regret-fix for Daisy and Jemma (or, further, for the general public). Aida comments that she specifically restarted it to deal with the regrets of those that were physically captured. The mechanic is a tool to placate the captives, because they're otherwise dealing with some of the smartest and/or most capable people on the planet and want to be very sure they won't wreck things or break out.

It just so happens that when the program re-simulates the world with the taken alterations that it ends up this way. The handwave to how that all works to create a believable and similar-to-reality world is just "the Darkhold did it", as commented near the end of the episode there.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

kater posted:

Yeah Jemma was acting like there was some time limit in place too.
The whole "vegetative state" thing is only sustainable for so long, particularly while on a plane on the run from killer robots. Too long in the Framework and the mortal shell will wither and die.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Wolvorine posted:

So, is everyone just assuming that Madam Hydra is Aida because they forgot that Radcliffe's wife (who Aida was based on) was put into the Framework? Honestly, and this may be reaching, when Fitz kissed Madam Hydra my first thought was "Oh poo poo, is Fitz really Radcliffe who looks like Fitz?" (given that he got put in against his will) and I hope we don't get a scene where Simmons tries to make Fitz remember, like Daisy did with Coulson, only to find out that was never really Fitz and she's screwed.

I mean it would be a nasty twist, and I could see the 'happily ever after' that Aida gives Radcliffe and his (wife? lover?) is that they get to be together and Run Bartertown.
There was a clip of her in the Framework at the end of that episode, and she was very definitely not Madame Hydra.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

My hope is that she goes "Finally I have a real bod—" and then is immediately shot through the liver by Jemma.
I kind of want robo-Russian to try to have a rematch with Daisy only for her to casually take him apart. "Robots? Been there, done that."

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Aida's regeneration could be from that explodey guy they put in the pokeball, maybe. I'm surprised that she was able to get shot, though, I'd have figured melty-dude's anti-bullet power would've been there for sure.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
If you look at it, the SHIELD team already doesn't really take the Superior seriously, it's kinda funny. The first encounter got us the thread title and Daisy kicking his rear end, the second one got "long story short you can just shoot him" and the third was in the finale here where Daisy quipped at him and then he got Ghost Rider/Quake combo'd.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

seaborgium posted:

I think that's the problem they'll always have. Maximus is, on paper at least, fighting to free the lower castes from their life of servitude to the distant royals. You have to be puppy kicking levels of bad to make him the bad guy, cause that just sounds like the plot to an action movie.
Doesn't Inhumans have an actual, literal puppy to kick though? If that's all it takes, it shouldn't be that hard!

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Argue posted:

Yay! I can't believe our boy Fitz is finally going to be in Marvel's new film, "Avengers: Infinity War"! He deserves it!
Well if the rest of SHIELD is stuck in the future, he's the only possible candidate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Aleph Null posted:

Mack got sucker punched a few times, too while he was magnetized to the wall.

Only Coulson hasn't been abused in some way so far.
There was also the part in this last episode where the boss-guy told Mack "I literally own you" which... yeah.

• Locked thread