Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well, my knowledge of Ghost Rider being the Nic Cage movies, I always thought he killed people with either staring or fire to the point that there's only ash left. Him dragging that dude off and then there being a splatter of blood on the other guy's face like he just jumped in a puddle certainly was a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Did the Nazis get any superheroes of their own or were they just constantly owned by captain america and ghost riders and stuff

This doesn't add up at all.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

What security level color do you think the director is?

Cosmic.

sticklefifer posted:

I kinda feel like after all the Hydra stuff AND all the Hive stuff, May would be the first to tell Coulson "Hey that box that drove everyone insane may have affected me and I'm seeing weird poo poo now". If they drag out her not telling anyone it's going to be really stupid.

I'm sure she'll hide just as well as Daisy did with her super powers.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Xenoletum posted:

Season 1 also dragged because we would have weeks where we would get a lovely MotW episode followed by 3 weeks of "BREAK" and then another moderately okay MotW followed by two more weeks of "BREAK".

Several times throughout the season.

Wow, I'm glad I just binged the whole thing. No wonder people were so down on it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TARDISman posted:

I like that they handicapped Daisy a bit, it gets boring if the main character gets too powerful.

What a loving drop from causing an avalanche thousands of feet away and bringing a SHIELD base crumbling around her to 'Can't hold off a steel shelf consistently' though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mage_Boy posted:

I think it comes from going "Hey these are some cool powers. Now let me do other stuff for a while," to "Must use my powers all the time. And screw those gauntlets that help keep my arms from breaking, they can probably track them."

Oh yeah, I'm not saying it's bullshit or anything. I'm just saying 'wow, what a power drop.'

I hope this is the season that starts bringing those other plot threads back up. Like the Gravitonium and the frozen boy who fell into the sea.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, so I apparently missed some stuff.

Who was that lady at the end of the episode? Was that just the senator that had on screen within the show 18 seconds earlier?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh. Well, was she also the lady who ratted out Yo-yo? And was that guy in a chrysalis at the end hinted at anywhere earlier or is that a mystery for a later episode?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

flosofl posted:

No. The bride to be was someone else. If we do see her again, it will be for Yo Yo to rescue, and she can tearfully see the error of her ways asking Yo-Yo for forgiveness.

That's the first time that chrysalis was seen. I believe she mentioned she was at her brother's place, so I'm assuming that's him.

Oh wow, I totally missed a lot of the finer details then. I thought that was just a party. I didn't even catch the part about someone getting married.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

VodeAndreas posted:

And you know the bride wearing a giant sash that said BRIDE throughout the episode.

Tbf, I was also cleaning the kitchen while I watched the episode so that's why I missed a lot of the obvious stuff.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Open Source Idiom posted:

Random question, but are there any goons currently watching SHIELD, but who dropped it back in Season 1, and picked it up again after it got really good?

It just seems to me that main viewership stories like that are of people never being convinced to come back to the show, or picking up a random episode and deeming it not particularly better than the original show.

(That or Ward fangirls mourning their loss and hating the show).

I only ask because I'm always surprised that this show is losing viewers, when it's consistently good and fun, and easily the best superhero show out there to boot. (Certainly non-Netflix edition, though Gotham will probably always have my heart). I'm pretty sad that the show probably won't make it to season 5, or that Season 5 will probably be a shortened half season. The ratings are toilet-y.

I just watched it straight through, totally oblivious to the fact that season 1 was bad and it was only once I got to the second season that I did realize how much better it was.

I can't blame people for not being convinced to go back to the show. I can't have watched more than 5 episodes of Supergirl and I still won't look at any more of it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Alright, so give us the play-by-play. How many seasons do we have to struggle through before it picks up?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

The way she initially said it sounded like she was warming up to say "Hell, I'd sleep with her!" :stare:

Ha, that would've been great.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Oh no, how can two martial arts badasses and a man with a NotGun + Robohand take on like 15 unarmed dudes in a big cafeteria?!

If it weren't for the wall-phasing ghost woman who can turn you crazy on contact, I would've been a lot more annoyed by that part.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

That's wrong. They are science ghosts.

If they were just regular ghosts no different than any other ghosts, that means that there would be a lot of ghosts around stretching back centuries or millennia. Robbie Reyes would be seeing a LOT of ghosts around, all the time. Instead we had what, four to six ghosts, all of which share a common origin, the strange scientific experiment. They were contained inside containers which are not empty, but have strange components. Fitz cannot understand how those work at the moment, but he can detect them. These ghosts are visible on electronic cameras and to the naked eye by regular people and can communicate with regular people. These ghosts can inflict psychosis on contact, which can be cured with a chemical created using science. The motives of these ghosts are not to haunt the living or places where they died or even really to get revenge, but to find a way to reverse their condition.

Sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!

http://i.imgur.com/6kTkqF6.mp4

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I look forward to new Agents of SHIELD episodes in March.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pyroi posted:

For comics Ghost Rider, can there be multiple Riders at a time, or is there only one at a time.

Ghost Riders are Marvel's Green Lanterns.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AoS is good fun and I enjoy it. Sure, it's no Breaking Bad, but not every show can reach that lofty plateau.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

God almighty, it's getting mighty opiniony in here

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Spergatory posted:

AoS is a better-written and better-plotted show than either Arrow or the Flash (haven't seen Legends, never will). That much is basically inarguable. The AoS writers clearly lay their plots out in advance and are thus able to hint and foreshadow and carefully plan the journey to their endgame, whereas Flash and Arrow are very obviously just making poo poo up as they go along. Again, that's not even something that is up for debate-- the DCTV writers have basically admitted that they are flying by the seat of their pants most of the time.

EDIT: Note that this isn't a complaint necessarily. I generally like both Flash and Arrow but it is sometimes painfully clear that they aren't operating according to any sort of plan and are just sort of going with whatever.

I feel like the Reverse Flash arc was totally planned.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Daredevil is Catholic Guilt, the Comic. But they really pour it on in the Netflix series more than in the comic books even Born Again or the Electra Saga.

At least in the first season.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BreakAtmo posted:

The only issue I see with Coulson is that given his lack of powers, he would likely have to be a gun-focused character, which will almost certainly be a role filled by an RE hero - probably Leon.

Yeah, 'gun-focused' just like Phoenix and Joe were.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

When's Mack gonna get a weapon upgrade?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't even understand Yo-yo's power at all. I thought it just worked on the basis that you have a start point and then a set distance you're allowed to move from that initial point before you have to return to it because of her own limits in how long she can move at that speed. Which would mean that doing poo poo like going around corners would be an issue but doing things in a-not-perfectly straight line and kind of moving back and forth from wall to wall in a room could be possible.

But I dunno. I don't really think she's turned into a generic speed character since I can't remember her vibrating one part of her body to dismantle something.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

You sick bastard, I wouldn't do that to anybody

ED: Seriously that show makes regular Walking Dead look like the best show in the history of TV, holy poo poo, it's bad in a train wreck kind of way or we'd quit a while ago

In all seriousness it would be cool if Coulson hooked him up with the same tech they're using to make War Machine walk and kept him around.

I really hope they do some kind of cool twist to it we're not expecting. Like the guy she killed was actually a body snatcher, and the reason she's doing this is SHIELD is already infiltrated and it's the only course of action or something.

It'll probably just be that she's malfunctioning and trying to spare the agents pain by locking them in cells while the drones do the work (since every AI in Marvel seems to end up evil) but it'd be way more interesting to me if there's more going on than what we all expect.

This show's done it before, so I hold out some hope.

This made me go on a wiki search and I just found out that J.A.R.V.I.S. is also Vision. Which is just kinda...huh.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

It's even stranger when you realize J.A.R.V.I.S. was based on a mind scan of his father's butler, the actual Jarvis. It's kind of a shame Vision only shows up in the huge movies, as a result, because man that's got to be a mind gently caress.

A xerox of a xerox.

Oh no, I'm not saying it's weird I'm just saying 'Oh. I did not know that. I'm surprised they sorta made it into its own character' is all.

Also, I can't wait for something to get blown up and LMD May to shield the team by holding up six tons of building from crushing them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm sure that Ghost Rider will return within six episodes and this will not be drawn out like your typical will they/won't they? relationship drama.

Edit: I mean as long as the show didn't get cancelled two years ago.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Dec 19, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Plus, he's also got his own vengeance thing with the Ghost Rider demon itself that he's gotta deal with. So we might just see him drive through a wall in the middle of a fight and single out some random mook for that child he murdered while robbing a bank three years ago.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Javid posted:

I just assumed they were playing him as unstoppable so the real big bad of the season could slap him around before the mid season break for extra "oh poo poo".

It's just a new power that everyone needs to -try to- adapt to dealing with. Like if you've been dealing with people who could either shoot electricity or fire for half a decade and then all of a sudden someone shows up utilizing the power cosmic.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Should I watch Flash season 3? I kinda just laid on the floor as I went through season 2 and I'm not able to work up the drive to get back into it since they did Flashpoint for no apparent reason.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

It would be kind of funny if Vijay had the power of a DC comics character, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resurrection_Man_(comics) Every time he dies he comes back to life with a different power.

Whatever his deal is, he's the closest thing to a Spider-Man we've got so far.

Spergatory posted:

I think Vijay's probably the Inhuman equivalent of Darwin. His power seems to be tied to his life being threatened; until that guy pulled a gun on him, he didn't seem to have any powers at all, whereas most other Inhumans have really obvious powers that they have a hard time controlling at first. He didn't seem to be fully aware of himself during the fight, either, operating more or less on pure instinct until his sister snapped him out of it. So I think his superpower is basically just "survive." He couldn't do anything about his sister's bullet because he didn't see it coming, so instead his powers just shoved him into a regenerative cocoon as soon as he was away from her.

hope and vaseline posted:

Same thought I had. He's just gonna keep evolving powers on the fly that'll keep him alive.

Sounds like you're just describing Doomsday here. Watch him come back and the only changes are him being anaerobic and having bulletproof abs.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jan 12, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mymla posted:

I don't think learning that there is indeed something she could've done better there would help her move on.

She's going to be going through it like Nadeer's brother eventually. Eventually, no one will die and no one will be able to land a hit on her, thus making her supersede the hype about her.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

See, I just thought they were annoyed because the first thought on how to spell it that comes to mind would be 'Nadir' instead of "Nadeer' but once again I was caught being foolish.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Plankboy, can you please gif Mace's wide eyes when he starts charging Shockley?

Also, they really gotta give Fitz and Simmons some props for having such a good track record on countering Inhuman powers without a lot of prior testing and 100% confidence that it'll work.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Am I the only one who thought it was weird how holding the new teregin crystals was fine but smash one and everyone's like 'Oh gently caress we're dead!'

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, they long ago established that it wasn't the crystals that was dangerous to humans but rather the metal that encased them. They eventually "refined" the metal out.

I just think it's weird that potential Inhumans can handle the crystals themselves without any side effects but once they're airborne then they suddenly have an effect on people.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 14, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I definitely think there's a chance that (a) there's a LMD in there other than Caulson/Mace/Mack/Daisy and (b) that one of those four (well, 3 since LMD Caulson was confirmed) might not be a LMD. I'm not going to make guesses or get bogged down in that stuff because it would all be pure speculation. Its just that there were a couple of elements there that seemed to stand out to me like Fitz and Simmons never even broaching the question of whether they were LMDs when you'd think they would and it would be an easy test.

But if its a thing it will be part of next week's episode and I have no interest in spending a week overthinking it and ruin that.

It's Davis and you know it.

Also, I swear you're doing that Caulson thing just to bother me, and only me, specifically. It's Coulson. With an o. If I don't say anything now, then three episodes later you'll be calling him CallSign.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pan Dulce posted:

My question is, in this distorted reality, when the hell did Daisy (and she totally not going to be called Daisy, she's Skye in this alternate reality) meet Ward? At what point did she say it was her biggest regret?

I don't even know that it is. I mean, the whole regret and life with less pain thing is because he's got the actual people hooked up into the Framework. I don't know if he did go through the effort to do the same for people who aren't kidnapped.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I hope they go all out and just have EVERYONE who's ever appeared on the show come back for at least a cameo or something.

So this the excuse they came up with to bring Deathlok back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

For some bizarre reason, I got a serious case of Deja vu when they showed the shot of Cou1s0n and Fitzbot looking at the broken iMack and walking down the hall.

• Locked thread