Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope that the special famous character that everyone knows from the comics this time is Blade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Green Tea Erotica posted:

Only if they bring back Wesley Snipes and say the original Blade trilogy was the true start of the MCU.

Sure, maybe. If he's up to it, I have no issue with it. I want Marvel to pay their respects, regardless.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah, I got to watch AOS as a binge so I didn't really mind the 1st season. It's not like they were cagey about powers or anything. And it was nice to see some idea of day-to-day operations before THE BIG SEASON-WIDE THREAT made itself known.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Too bad there's no alternate Robbie Mack/Coulson head.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Remember that time Daisy vibrated through those handcuffs?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Remember that time Fitz shot a guy with a liquid nitrogen flare and Daisy vibrated him into a slushy?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And if it somehow does manage to stick around, you guys are thinking too small.

No one's a Skrull.

But Daisy's guantlets are.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

jivjov posted:

EDIT: Here's CNN's article on Chloe: http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/31/entertainment/chloe-bennet-hollywood-racist/index.html

I read an article today about how a startup company founded by two women created a fictitious 3rd partner with a very masculine name they would use to correspond with web developers and such and noticed an immediate improvement in treatment and service.

White male bias is alive and well and it sucks.

I'm not surprised. So, if I already believe something happens I'm really quick to assume that it's true and this basically fits the bill because it seems well written enough. http://imgur.com/gallery/pgzUa

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah, even I've gleaned that much from all the discussion about Inhumans throughout these 4 threads. Inhumans have a huge showy spectacle about how they're changing and becoming different but Mutants just have you suddenly be different.

Like, depends on the Mutant of course, if you're Charles or Rogue no one would notice.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oasx posted:

I would say that there is a slight difference in overall look. In general most mutants we see look like normal humans, they just have super powers, Inhumans tend to show more radical changes. Inhumans the tv series seems to have a modest budget, but it does show a few good examples of more radical changes that Inhumans can go through.

Oh okay, so my impression was actually backwards on it. To be fair though, when I think X-Men I'm going by the animated stuff because I never really watched the show that much. So that'd be Frog, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Beast, Storm, Cyclops, Rogue, Blob, Gambit Mystique, Magneto, Wolverine and maybe Colossus.

And aside from Mystique and maybe Colossus I don't think any of them can turn off their weird appearance.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

*Toad.

Iceman's not like Thing, and permanently encased in ice. Storm has white hair, so not that outlandish. Cyclops wears Ruby Quartz sunglasses, Rogue has a white streak in her hair, Magneto can take off the costume, Wolverine is short can comb his hair.

Also, Nightcrawler has an image inducer he wears, making himself look human.

Almost every mutant has a "secret identity", we just rarely see them, because they're almost never relevant to the plot.

Well, I meant to make it clear that I was talking about people who walk around looking totally not human like Nightcrawler and Beast when I said 'turn off their weird appearance' but I guess I wasn't as specific about that as I thought I was.

Cyclops walking around with glasses all the time won't stick out sure, but again, I'm not familiar with X-men so even ground floor knowledge like Nightcrawler having something to fix his impish appearance is totally new to me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I loving refuse to believe Inhumans could pull off a worse score than the Emoji Movie.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Was Heroes the show with the superpowered god-fight behind a closed door?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Why are you guys making me remember Heroes?

Waaaaaaaaaaay back on page 173 someone mentioned Heroes Reborn as Inhumans news was coming out and then someone kept bringing it up throughout the thread.

counterfeitsaint posted:

I hope they really push the limited run tv mini series thing, and then it turns out it ends on like a giant cliffhanger.

The MSJ posted:

Kinda like Heroes Reborn. They said they have no plans for another season, then the series ended with a tease for another season.

Gorilla Salad posted:

They didn't even have a plan for the season which aired.

God that was such a loving trainwreck I couldn't even hate watch it to mock it.

hamsystem posted:

I can tolerate some pretty terrible TV and even I bailed on Heroes Reborn after the second episode.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Heroes Reborn was AAA amazing television compared to peak poo poo Heroes, like Season 3. (Season 2 was loving terrible but mostly boring and slow, Season 3 was 'Make up new dumb poo poo every 20 seconds')

The third season is my gold standard in bad TV, bad none. I once tried to count the plot holes in the first episode having seen the whole season and stopped when I hit like 80. Yes, 80 plot holes in 40 some minutes of television. It was like "Holy loving hell they're throwing out dumb poo poo at 2-3 a minute!"

Seriously. Dexter tried. American Horror Story's third season gave it a real run. But holy fuckballs was season three, in my humble opinion, the most incoherent and stupid TV to ever be aired. Layers of stupid. A fine cake of stupid. The kind of stupid to be studied, to make writers compose essays about so they learn from it's mistakes, so that we may never repeat that poo poo again.

Anyone who never saw Heroes, just watch season 1, pretend it's a miniseries, and forget anything else exists. There was some actual good poo poo in season 1 and it was meant to rotate the cast every season so it's pretty contained. You know that scene in every zombie movie where someone sees a loved one looking like a gnawed on, torn apart corpse shambling at them? Yeah that's how you'll feel about the rest of the show is like that if you don't stop there.

ED: I will say the interviews with Bryan Singer from his brief return and the other writers on Heroes are loving amazing. The most dysfunctional poo poo ever going on there (Singer left during the writer's strike with the rest of the team and they got terrible people to replace them after the strike). But long story short, Tim Kring is a moron who likes people to "make up stuff on the fly," and actively encouraged each writer to try to gently caress up the story and put the next writer that had to continue it in a corner. This combination and the fact this turned the writing room into a battle ground was just fascinating.

I remember reading an interview one week when Sylar got shapeshifting powers that season. "We carefully setup ground rules, spent a lot of time establishing them. He can't change his clothes this way, or size drastically. We didn't want this to become overpowered." They were very sincere. The VERY NEXT episode he turns into a little kid, with new clothes, complete with backpack and functional removable items.

And it just kinda kept trotting along.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Still no Ken Marino, dammit.

Also I had to chuckle at the earthbender named Flint.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hey, welcome to the thread!

I'd have to guess that Deke is the one in that rad Fallout helmet.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

biracial bear for uncut posted:

It's actually more of an automatic reaction to anything having to do with Disney live-action TV shows.

Also "white blonde haired actress" always = "Boring character".

That is a rude and uncalled for slam on Bobbi.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ghost Rider still running unopposed for best skell

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

In the 17 minute preview Agent creepo tells them to leave one of the SHIELD guys behind. Who were they talking about?

Davis.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's Logan.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Even after 4 seasons of S.H.I.E.L.D I still don't understand Kree classification.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

What do you mean?

I thought there were a bunch of different Kree classes. Phylodox mentioned a Kree Accuser and I could've sworn there were a bunch more than that even.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andrew Verse posted:

Kree is the name of their species, Accuser is a title/job description.

Yeah, I get that part. I'm saying I could've sworn that Kree had a bunch of different classes besides Accuser and Reaper that I'm forgetting.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I know it won't happen but god how I wish that Robbie would come back and end up in Simmons' place.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It works fine when they put him in animated cameo situations. Deadpool's been in episodes of Spiderman, Punisher had that Archie comic adventure and he was disturbed in a PG way in some weird tiny animated show too so I mean, nothing's really off the table.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And even less so when you look at every Asgardian.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm preferring this setting to the season 4 Framework. I didn't care for the filter they had for it and thankfully they got rid of that this time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

He's using the multiverse theory where she's gone forwards back in time to after she'd blown up the Earth but since Daisy Johnson blew up the Earth she'll have to fix it so she can blow it up again thus setting up the Kree picking up the scraps of humanity for Thunderdome.

If you look at it that way, it makes a ton more sense than Coulson getting his metric in his real hand.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

To be fair, he's a very charming negotiator.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Simmons' suffering is not yet over. She must endure greater hardships.

Also, she's the smartest person on the team right now, so if anyone's going to figure out how to defeat mute silver, it'll be her.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

When the emissary showed up and looked human-ish I thought they were going with the story line from a few years ago where the Inhumans ruled the Kree Empire, but I guess they were just Spartoi?

Moriatti posted:

I thought for a second we were about to get space vampires.

The season is still young.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BreakAtmo posted:

Don't know if you know this but the pipe through May's leg was because Ming-Na Wen was recovering from knee surgery.

No wonder that random dude was so tough for her to beat.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jetfire posted:

Was anyone else a little uncomfortable watching that girl get the poo poo beat out of her for a few scenes? Like I knew what was going to happen, but it was a little gnarly for my tastes.

Yes? What the hell are you expecting people to say here? 'No and I hope she has a seizure and that guy tears her head off?'

I feel like every point that's been brought up in a 'oh man, did anyone else hate when' manner has earned a pretty solid 'Yeah, that sucked.' I think they've all been great for a motivation standpoint so now Mack and Simmons have antagonists so when Grills gets thrown out an airlock and Kassius gets melted into a puddle it'll be even more cathartic.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Think of it this way, though. Wouldn't it be grand if villains just sort of, you know, twirled their mustachios threateningly instead of these uncomfortable things?

:shrug: I dunno. I mean, they did it here, so I have an idea of what the issue is. I mean, sure, they could sit in a chair, stroking an alien cat for 14 episodes instead but, at this point, I'm really looking forward to Simmons making a Trawler+Kassius+Lighthouse sandwich.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

We really need a thread title update now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

AGENTS of S.H.I.E.L.D S5: "Oh, my bad."

That could work. Really I'm just getting at the fact that we're 3, going on 4, episodes into season 5 now and should probably let other people browsing know that the show's back.

• Locked thread