Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

Air is lava! posted:

That's some unflattering light. Everyone looks sick and depressed.

"Okay, you can have any tone you like for your publicity shots, just as long it's a shade of sickly blue or nauseous orange."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

Guy Goodbody posted:

All electronics stop working in 7 major cities. Not like a power outage, because backup generators and battery powered stuff won't work either. Just in hospitals alone, we're talking thousands dead, right?

D-Pad posted:

Probably. Also, EMP pulses destroy electronics. Miami wouldn't have just turned back on they killed the device. It would be years before the city was back to normal.

One of the many chilling facts about a potential nuclear conflict(which I learned from Threads, the most terrifying film ever made) is how the opening salvo of an attack would be aimed solely at taking out all communications and power via an EMP pulse, rendering the target country defenceless even before the bombs hit ground level.

In a way it's a worse prospect than the initial devastation of an H-bomb, because even if civilisation survived it would never fully recover. Without power or technology we would be utterly hosed, pushed right back to the dark ages again. An EMP-based attack alone could be enough to cripple a nation.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST
Is it too obvious to suggest the Superior will be Fitz's dad? Everyone's already thought that, right?

I would go with the theory that Radcliff hasn't yet decided which side he's on, so he's playing both of them until he figures out which will give him the best outcome. Admittedly, the chances of him getting back in with SHIELD as this point are looking fairly slim.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Crazy evil Lincoln could be fun.

You know, for a second I forgot who Lincoln was in the context of AOS and assumed you meant the President.

"That could be fun," I thought.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

flosofl posted:

There's a HUGE gulf of moral choices between letting someone be taken away and shooting someone you think is a living, breathing human point-blank in the heart with zero hesitation.

Absolutely, it's the fact that he didn't care if she was really real or not, he just pulled the trigger without any compunction or doubt. Up to that point you could still question how genuinely evil this version of Fitz was, if he was purely a victim of manipulation by Aida/Ophelia and could possibly be redeemed, etc. But then it's like "Oh...no, actually, he is just a cold-blooded psychopath."

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Smoke on the street says they're coming back immediately after Inhumans ends, no break between shows.

Have they bumped it up in the schedule in the hope it'll make people forget the embarrassing failed show preceding it?

It just feels to me like Inhumans has "turkey" written all over it, and I'm pretty sure ABC feel the same way(they were reportedly not happy with the quality of the show at all).

But on the other hand, if it means we get more AoS sooner rather than later then I'm all for it. Thanks, Inhumans!

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

Darth Brooks posted:

Well, it wasn't really gritty but Quantum Leap was a Galactica 1980 remake / rebuild.

http://www.warpedfactor.com/2015/01/10-things-you-might-not-know-about_16.html

There's that one episode of the original Galactica series("Experiment In Terra") that was basically a dry run for QL, where Apollo is sent back in time in order to Put Right What Once Went Wrong. He even has an invisible helper that only he can see and hear.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

Blazing Ownager posted:

ED: I will say the interviews with Bryan Singer from his brief return and the other writers on Heroes are loving amazing. The most dysfunctional poo poo ever going on there (Singer left during the writer's strike with the rest of the team and they got terrible people to replace them after the strike). But long story short, Tim Kring is a moron who likes people to "make up stuff on the fly," and actively encouraged each writer to try to gently caress up the story and put the next writer that had to continue it in a corner. This combination and the fact this turned the writing room into a battle ground was just fascinating.

You mean Bryan Fuller, not Singer. The one who doesn't molest young boys.

I think he left to do Pushing Daisies and returned briefly once that was over, basically took one look at what he'd come back to and went, "Nope, actually I'm good."

It's a bit too easy to play the "Remember something stupid that happened on Heroes" game, e.g. Remember Nathan's wife and kids? Well, that's good, because the writers certainly didn't!

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

BreakAtmo posted:

Moreover, how was Daisy supposed to blow up the planet, or do anything at all, while being frozen and zapped through time with the rest? Did they get up to something we haven't seen and have their memories wiped between the diner and the time travel?

We have to assume at some point they're going to end up going back in time to try and fix what happened, that just seems like a given. My guess is the first half of the season will be on the Lighthouse trying to escape/find a portal, and the second back on Earth trying to put right what once went wrong.

The confusing part is why the alien g-man dude sent them forward in time in the first place, was that part of Virgil's plan? The way he was talking made it sound like they were already the saviours of Earth somehow but then how would he even know when in this timeline Earth was destroyed and Daisy got the blame? Uhhh

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST
Everytime someone said Deek's name I had this jingle playing in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG7WC2qGoZg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

GigaPeon posted:

So they’re pulling a Heroes: Season 1. Hope it ends better than that did.

Except in Heroes we never get to see the exciting Dark Future beyond that one episode, it was all a dumb tease for something they were never actually going to do, like everything else in that loving series. Hey, it's Hiro from the future and he's dressed like Neo! Pretty cool, huh? Well, you'll never see him again. Enjoy the show!

AOS has not sunk to those kind of low shenanigans yet, hopefully it never will.

• Locked thread