Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Blazing Ownager posted:

I think if anything qualifies you for "Go ahead and be as sad as you want" is losing both your wife and daughter like that.
Did he lose his daughter too?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Even if it were true, would that be a reasonable excuse to never upset yhe status quo?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

sticklefifer posted:

Season 1 is definitely better when you binge watch. I didn't even mind the early stuff because I just breezed through it so quickly. Like anything discussed on the internet, it's never as bad as people say. It was just kinda mediocre for a while until Winter Soldier, but even then there were some good episodes among the early lot.
I'd say this is mostly true, but (I think) the second episode, where they go to the Johnny Quest Jungle, is some of the most cringe-worthy poo poo I have ever seen in my life.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Boris Galerkin posted:

The part where Mace runs away into danger after getting the case was really stupid too.
He needed to re-dose before anybody could see him and he knew the Shield boys were watchin' him.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

counterfeitsaint posted:

If they went with Nadir, someone in this thread would talk about how racist it was.
Because we all know the worst thing that can happen to anybody is to have somebody suggest something they did might be racist.

Your joke didn't have a punchline.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I really like this show.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It's really tough to sell to people that they have to sit through like fifteen lovely episodes before Bill Paxton shows up and the show instantly gets good and then only keeps getting better after.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Magic has a cost? Jesus Christ, was Marti Noxon an EP on the film?
Please leave everybody who hasn't seen smashed, wrecked, and gone to lead their lives as if those three turds don't exist.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It's always funny when comic nerds forget that most people don't care about that stuff.

The RedLetterMedia guys get poo poo constantly for making GBS threads on DC movies and liking Marvel movies okay, and people come at 'em talking about bias, and those fellas barely understand that the companies are different and are rivals, so it just confuses them.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

When is the show coming back?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Hey, remember how we all thought he was the most boring part of a particularly boring show whose second episode was so bad that a lot of us were convinced the show couldn't pull out of its nosedive long enough to find its feat?

Because I remember. And I loving love being wrong.

Moreover, I love watching the show get exponentially better the longer it goes on.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol what happened to the 2 guards next to Madame Hydra?

May going from literally Hail Hydra to full sympathizer just because Mace died still fesls really sloppy.
Did you miss the multi-episode arc where she always, always, always breaks The Framework?

Show continues to rule.

Codependent Poster posted:

Mace died saving a kid that May put in danger. So she's thinking "uh maybe the group that doesn't mind killing kids isn't so good" while the other one has their leader sacrifice himself to save them.
In keeping with the fact that May's big regret is killing a kid. Show rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

quote:

The Inhumans are not going to be introduced to the MCU on this show so long as Marvel is even considering a film. Deal with it.
Seems entirely correct to me.

• Locked thread