Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Welp, that's what you get for getting into a chopper with your sister who hired men to kill you, and also the guy who tried to kill you unilaterally. I wonder if Vijay's power is that everytime he "dies" he comes back with a new power.

I'm curious who the Higher Up is going to turn out to be. I'm trying to think of some villain. But it will probably just be some new character.

I want to think Coulson knows that May is a LMD, or at least not really May.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Can't kill Jemma! Someone deserves to be happy.

I really don't like Radcliff as the Superior, as it just turns him into the one behind everything evil, and I don't think that works from what we've seen. That would mean he was also behind the Watchdogs, which would mean he was involved with things before Hive recruited him.

It will probably turn out to be someone else, though it would be cool if they used this to work into the Inhumans show, so it's actually Maximus. But that would be really forward thinking.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The Darkhold's been around since the b/w Conan comic. In lore it was written by Chthon one of the oldest and most badass of evil entities.
:goonsay:

Chthon also was heavily involved with the Maximoffs, being the source of Scarlet Witch's Chaos Magic and using Quicksilver as an inhabitation when he took form in the real world.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am so glad that Mace just turned out to be a fraud rather than him being secretly the Hate Monger or something. I guess that explains why Nadir had something over him earlier in the season, she knew he was riding the Hyde Horse.

AoS need to go to Asgard so Odin can give Jarnbjorn to Mac. Also, Fitz, what are you doing with the head???? Dude seriously, Simmons is out there for you, stop playing with it!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really want to think Radcliff isn't effected by what in the Darkhold, but is obsessed with it because he thinks it will be a breakthrough he's been looking for in some science we haven't seen yet. Or it could be like other evil books and draw the weak to it, to lust after it and obsess over it.

Though I think the Aida that got Mack'd was a copy, the one keeping May in the matrix is the original, and the Darkhold has completely messed her up, but she's still following Radcliff's orders because it hasn't completely reprogrammed her.

You know, Hammer Industries would make a good villain for the show, with a new CEO who's using it to put out black market anti Inhuman/Supers tech. Though I love the idea of it being Norman Osborne, at the same time, did he ever have any Lex Luther style "drat Superheroes, we don't need you, I'll show you!" kind of attitudes?

I'd also hope as we got closer to Homecoming that DailyBugle.com starts showing up as a news site.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

It was Aida. Simmons doesn't keep a closet full of heads around.

That we know about at least.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wonder why they didn't bring up that Watch Dogs were clearly working for Nadir and that was witnessed by multiple agents, not just Coulson and Daisy.

She's a Umbridge level of rear end in a top hat right now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, that's what I figured. Even with a ton of witness, the fact they're all Shield would probably poison the well without anything outside. I still think her Brother is going to be the thing that brings her down.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

enraged_camel posted:

Only if his next superpower after he comes back to life is "Not Being a loving Moron"

Well, your sister can only shoot you, dump you out of a chopper with a weight tied to you in the ocean so many times before you realize she's a huge bitch.

enraged_camel posted:

Man, I don't know where you guys get these crazy ideas. Being a law enforcement organization doesn't give SHIELD, or anyone else, the authority to wiretap government officials' offices.

It's called the Wiretap Act. Basically, you need a wiretap order that is authorized by the Justice Department and signed by a District Court or Court of Appeals judge. And the bar for that is pretty high.

SHIELD didn't need such permissions in the past because it was a clandestine organization. Not anymore though. Which is why they are in deep poo poo.

If you have enough right wing shithead friends, you can get away with it, and even praised.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I honestly believe Fitz felt so betrayed by Radcliff he was straight up intending to murder him.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Either is possible, and the show is pretty good with not being ambiguous with this stuff so i'm sure we'll get "I cannot believe you tried to murder him!" or "How did you know he was an LMD?" this week.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
He probably is only taking on roles that he's passionate about.

With the announcement of Capaldi leaving Doctor Who after this season, I instantly though of John Hannah as the Doctor.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

kayakyakr posted:

Hannah is too much Capaldi. They might actually do a turn with a lady doctor this time around. Elisabeth Henstridge?

Well, we know Haley Atwell is free.

Actually I just made myself sad because that almost certainly won't happen and that is really too bad.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

kayakyakr posted:

Huh, she'd make a great Doctor.

Yea, which is why it's sad it won't happen.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I totally thought the end of the episode was Radcliff opening up the case and finding like Spider-Man #1 or something.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Gotta say Shockley is a better name for a villain who blows himself up than Robert Hunter.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wonder if OG Aida is going to meet May in The World and get freaked out that she has no idea what's going on and realize that its terrible that she is a prisoner here.

Is the Superior the guy from the Winter Soldier arc that had the Cosmic cube? I am trying to think of Russian guys and that seems like a good fit.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Feb 8, 2017

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I looked it up, the guy from Winter Soldier was Alexander Luken, so yea, not the Superior.

I get sad when I hear someone is die hard for the arrowverse shows but has no interest in AoS because they think it's a bad show.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Only Supergirl really matches AoS in quality for me.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Gotham did have proto Joker having his face punched off by Gordon, so that was cool.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There's some weird romantic notion that many people seem to have of actors improving their ways to greatness. It's like the worship of method acting. It's weird because movies and tv are collaborate effort and acting like the actors are the only thing that matters is really disingenuous.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

pee out my butt posted:

Improvised. Improved means something else. At least use a dash or something.

Yea I meant improvised. New phone and its still second guessing what I type even when the word is spelled correctly.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love that Simmons was able to both agree with Mack but also tell Fitz that he should not beat himself up about what he's done.

But holy poo poo where this is going! Wait they created an LMD that has Quake powers?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love that the Superiors motivation was simply because he was pissed off Coulson had taken out his team. Nothing bigger than that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

enraged_camel posted:

A six week break after Tuesday would at least allow the show to coincide the last few episodes with Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Maybe we'll see some cool references and stuff. :)

Sadly, they said that Guardians won't be coming to earth in Guardians 2.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Argue posted:

Anyone catch any more Overwatch quotes aside from Jemma's "Let's get to it already"? It was the same writer who gave Jemma Tracer quotes in that other ep, so it's definitely on purpose.

Also, I'm hoping that the entire team is going to turn out to be LMDs and so they just end up mounting a rescue mission to save their real selves.

Waiting for Mack to say "Nerf This!" then shotgun axe some LMD to the face.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Holy loving poo poo this episode is like intense as poo poo!!!! loving Ward????!!!!!

I want :asoiaf: but with brett daltons head shooting out of the tv.

Wait what???

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Bet this is going to be a world where either Hydra won the events of Winter Soldier, or SHIELD never exists and it was Hydra all the way down.

Wait, this is kind of House of M....House of C?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So assuming its 2017 in the show, then Gemma is 30, then she was 25 when she joined SHIELD? Not really out of the ordinary really.

You know, if they ever did a smartest people in the MCU, I'm sure Gemma and Fitz would rank pretty high, only slightly behind Bruce Banner and Hank Pym.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Was Radcliff straight up killed or is he now trapped in the Matrix?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

^^^ I rest my case

Are there people invested in an obviously terrible toxic relationship? Have you met the Internet?

Yea, have you see how many loving women post "I wanna love like Harley and the Joker!' when Suicide Squad was coming out? Seriously, it was disturbing.

quote:

It can be two things.

Was he in one of the internet chairs when she slashed his wrist? This episode was so dense It's easy forget small details like that.

I married a Robot! The Gemma Simmons story.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jusupov posted:

Isn't that all they do now?

Not really, they force in the current Event into all the other titles that your reading even if they have nothing to do with it. Squirrel Girl needs to deal with Civil War 2 for some reason.

Actually no, because she'd just stop it.

The last time they ended everything and did a limited time event was Secret Wars, which honestly, was amazing and done really well in its lead up, mostly because it was like a 4 year build up.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My assumption would be the Sorcerers would be able to avoid the things inside the Darkhold that would corrupt others. That's a pretty common thing in Fantasy when dealing with cursed and forbidden objects, that the unskilled fall easily to their corruption, but those with power and knowlage will not.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

His grasp is weakening and he won't live forever.

Surprised he isn't running the FCC or some other branch of government. He'd be the least evil member at least.

From what I got from Doctor Strange is tapping into the Dark Dimension isn't bad on its own, it's what you do with it. Mads and his Posse were less corrupted by it but more evil and greedy, wanting to live forever by striking a bargin with Domaramu for more power that would turn them into Mindless Ones, though they weren't aware of that part. Spoilered in case anyone hasn't watched Doctor Strange yet.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Klungar posted:

I guess what I got from it was that the Ancient One, even though she was using the power of Dormammu for "good", was still corrupted by it and therefore not capable of defeating evil, having to pass that burden on to Strange. Perhaps I'm confusing the lesson that Strange learned, and the one that Mordo learned.

I think it was more she felt that she was using the power for good and that excused her from telling everyone else not to do it because its bad. Magic is presented in the movie as a tool more than anything, it is what you use it for that gets you in trouble.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd be down for Marvel to just make 8-10 episode seasons that are content arcs about various characters. Here's 10 episodes about Kamala Khan, and here's Moon Knight, and oh look Here's Wiccan and Hulkling!

Yea that's what Netflix is doing, but shows that are especially for younger audiences would work well on TV.

If they did plan on ending AoS next year, I'd hope they'd use that time to build up more inhumans and let the show take it from there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It would be more interseting to see the AoS cast interact with the Royals than what we've seen before; and Established culture vs randos.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I must ave physical copies of things I like and want to watch multiple times. I need to have Ghostbusters, Big Trouble In Little China, Jaws, Big Lebowski and so on. Not to mention I'm a sucker for sales and I'll grab pretty much any blu ray that's 10bux or less that interests me.

I hate not being in complete control of when I want to watch something. I haven't been able to find The Thing for a decent price, and its not on netflix or any other streaming service in Canada. Not to mention Canada is terrible because license holders will sit on stuff and not let it shown anywhere else.

It's too bad people have forgotten AoS, it's just so solid, but the medicore DC shows get all the attention.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

counterfeitsaint posted:

I keep copies of a lot less shows than I used to, just things that I really feel likely to watch again. I love my netflix, but playing wack-a-mole with half a dozen subscription services to have access to the show or movie I feel like watching at the time can get hosed.

It's also silly when you realize you're shelling out for streaming services every month that cost more than a new release blue ray TV show.

Seriously, you can easily end up like 60bux a month subscribing to various services, and not have access to everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I always associate the top cut buns as being a US thing because the first time I ever saw them was in myrtle beach.

And the last blurays I bought were Venture Bros season 6, Predator, Dracula, Frankenstien, Hail Caeser and Jiro Dreams of Sushi. That varied enough for mr I watch tv better than you?

• Locked thread