Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Radio! posted:

Daisy lookin like a raccoon.

Not a fan of the eye makeup, but I am a fan of the way this season started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Okay, I love this getting right down to poo poo in the first episode. I hope they keep this pace all season.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Okay, this season already rules. But gently caress not May!

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Zebulon posted:

Mack's going to need a ghostbuster gun. With an axe.

Maybe just a proton axe

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

MrAristocrates posted:

oh god, he's unfailingly pleasant

Corporate slogans too.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

My god, he's not the director, he's a PR person.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

I don't like crazy evil May. I like Mack and Fitz in mortal (immortal?) peril less.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Oh good, season just started, time to take a week off!

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The Pennance Stare was a Danny Ketch/Noble Kale thing. The Johnny Blaze/Zarathos Rider had a lot of hellfire, Ketch/Kale had hellfire, animated chains, and The Stare, and Robbie seems to have more knives and chains and hellfire, but his spirit is more like Zarathos (a demon) than Kale (the Angel of Vengeance, an agent of both Heaven and Hell)

Of course, it seems like the MCU Robbie has a spirit of Vengeance. Not like they haven't changed things for the show before.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

I wonder if the people who signed the accords got leaked.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This is some Flatliners poo poo right here.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

I... I... I think I hate commercials more than ever before.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

The teasers this season don't give much away anymore.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

What a loving drop from causing an avalanche thousands of feet away and bringing a SHIELD base crumbling around her to 'Can't hold off a steel shelf consistently' though.

I think it comes from going "Hey these are some cool powers. Now let me do other stuff for a while," to "Must use my powers all the time. And screw those gauntlets that help keep my arms from breaking, they can probably track them."

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

bloodychill posted:

Pretty much what I was getting at. Terrorists don't have to have to be Arab.

Here's a weird thing I noticed - if Yoyo was a Columbian national, why does she have old friends in Miami now that she relocated to LA from Columbia a year ago under Shield protection? It's not impossible, but it's implausible and feels like the writers were kind of lazy. They wanted to keep her event and Daisy's event geographically separate to avoid story cross-contamination but made her "Hispanic American Lady" in the process, which wasn't really her identity before these couple of episodes

Well, on a quick Google search, Florida has the highest population of Columbian Americans. Yoyo and her brother were acting as revolutionaries, so it's possible they had friends who already fled the country.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

howe_sam posted:

I guess they didn't say the words rights.

Klatuu, verata ni*cough* *cough*

Oh crap, the ghosts got there first.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Inhumans are really Marvel's mutants.

Edit:MCU I mean

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

YES! I love everyone locking themselves back in the cells.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

I did not see this coming.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

AbsolutelySane posted:

Also, Uncle Eli did not look all that disturbed by the Darkhold. He looked excited. I suspect he's got a few more secrets.

It might also just be something the book does. It might enthrall you to make you want to use it once you read it.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

bloodychill posted:

I was super happy with this season beginning because it felt like a totally fresh breath of air with the format change-up and I am probably one of the few SHIELD fans who was so sick of Ward that each time he miserably came back from death, I would throw a pillow at the TV and yell "enough with the creep already!"

But already this season feels like it's falling into the same mid-season doldrums and being tied to the movie schedule totally blows. It's still magnitudes better than the DC offerings but I am finding I prefer the Netflix series since they don't have to pull their punches as much. Not being stuck with the standard serial television episode cliff-hanger probably helps there too.

This year's mid season doldrums are a crazy person who is painted orange and his opponent. One of them will be elected to rule a country! Neither will get anything done because the other party has already said so! gently caress.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Okay, I think I hate the US election even more than I have over the past few months of political commercials, just because of this cliffhanger.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I didn't even think of an LMD being a perfect counter to mind-altering magic but it totally makes sense.

I caught the hint with "no human mind could handle all that knowledge."

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Tad SG posted:

My local ABC affiliate in Portland is no longer going to be carried by my cable company. When do new episodes show upon Hulu, and how long are they available?
Most local ABC channels still broadcast OTA so it's also worth seeing if you can get a signal the old fashioned alway.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Agents of Shield managed to keep the 1st overall trend on twitter in the US from its east coast air time until at least now. They must be doing something right with the show.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

I was just coming to post this. So the headline "The last part of season 4 will reward long time viewers" was actually a hidden pun.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

notthegoatseguy posted:

Because ABC hates us.

I really was not anticipating enjoying this episode so much. Holy poo poo.

Also random agents got a lot of lines this time.

Honestly I think they may have been afraid of Brett Dalton shooting scenes for the show getting leaked. They wanted his return to be a surprise for the fans, so we get a six week delay. Blame the internet.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

AIDA is trying to round up the whole team now. She knows Daisy/Skye and Jemma aren't under the framework control, so I wonder what her plan is.

Edit: lol bad commercial timing. United CEO interview commercial followed by plane crash type situation Grey's Anatomy.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Oasx posted:

I also wonder whether the framework is actually running 7 billion fully conscious people all the time, or whether some of them are just "cheap" emulations.
It's probably using the computer techniques where the heavy duty AI is only simulated when a real person is near by.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Machine designed only for killing. MODOK.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Tunklord Supreme posted:

that's an icer, not a bullet

right? :ohdear:

It was definitely the icer sound.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

"I can try."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Renewal hope still alive as next week is still "season" finale.

• Locked thread