Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
So that episode was good. Right amount of action; clever, interesting dialog; big explosions that wrote off my least favorite character of the season (seriously y'all, she was an awful actress); twist on twist; the start of Director Johnson. Definitely the high water mark of LMD, possibly the high water mark of season 4 so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

STAC Goat posted:

Here's what I remember about the evolution/affect of the crystals.

When the crystals were in the Kree obselisk humans couldnt touch it because the metal would kill/petrify them but inhumans could and it would open the obselisk. At that point the crystals inside would shatter and they affected Tripp, Daisy, and Raina with Tripp just being turned to stone and then getting exploded when Daisy quaked out.

Jaiying's crystals were grown wrong or something and had traces of the obselisk metal in them so when a human touched them they got the same affect as the obselisk like with Caulson's hand. An inhuman could still touch them and still needed them to be shattered to transform.

When the crystals went to the ocean, shattered/leached off, affected the fish, and made it into the pills something about the process took out the metal impurity so now humans could consume them with no affect at all but Inhumans would husk up.

Radcliffe's then purified Jaiying's crystals or grew new ones without any of human killing metal. So they could be handled by human and inhuman with no effect but if shattered/consumed cause the transformation in inhumans. So Watchdog guy could carry the crystals but they didn't affect him until he shattered and breathed them in. Nadeer and the others were unaffected but were killed when Watchdog dude blew out of his husk like Daisy did.

Tldr: You've always had to take them in to transform, it was just the metal that made them deadly to humans whether they touched the crystals or breathed in the powder.

Good summary. Only "correction" is that Tripp died because he was hit by a metal fragment when he kicked the crystal and it exploded, not due to the crystal itself.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I think Fitz is in the Matrix and it's now all a dream.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Finally caught up with the thread.

cant cook creole bream posted:

In this timeline, Coulson wasn't around. So May became buddies with Garret instead. I'd love to see Bill Paxton again.

This is really sad to me.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
That was such a good episode. The suspense was intense the whole way through.

Ian De Caestecker has grown into an incredible actor over his times with the show while Simmons has become a fun character through and through. I would like to see more of her being a badass as I'd expect her to have picked up some decent skills over her years with the A-team.

Clark Gregg delivered a few great lines as well. And I love that Ward is a good guy now. I mean, it makes so much sense.

I'm wondering if terrigen is even in the Framework. Like if Daisy gets her hands on some, would she transform and become the post terrigenisis badass or would the server just throw an uncaught error?

Anyway, this show is still criminally underrated and I hope it's renewed, even if it's just sharing short seasons with the inhumans drama.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Wolvorine posted:

So, is everyone just assuming that Madam Hydra is Aida because they forgot that Radcliffe's wife (who Aida was based on) was put into the Framework? Honestly, and this may be reaching, when Fitz kissed Madam Hydra my first thought was "Oh poo poo, is Fitz really Radcliffe who looks like Fitz?" (given that he got put in against his will) and I hope we don't get a scene where Simmons tries to make Fitz remember, like Daisy did with Coulson, only to find out that was never really Fitz and she's screwed.

I mean it would be a nasty twist, and I could see the 'happily ever after' that Aida gives Radcliffe and his (wife? lover?) is that they get to be together and Run Bartertown.

Radcliffe exists in the Framework as a prominent scientist, unless you're freaky-fridaying them. And Madam Aidra had knowledge of Simmons and was hiding her from Fitz, which lends more credence to it's not Radcliffe since she wouldn't needs to hide Simmons from Radcliffe.

More likely Radcliffe is a UK-based scientist working on a cure for Inumananity, possibly in contact with Fitz, dating proto-Aida with no knowledge of Madam Aidra, who would likely have isolated herself from all except the top of the autocratic organization, only having contact with a few people she knows she needs to control.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Longbaugh01 posted:

They directly mentioned terrigen existing.

Yes, existing, but would it work on Daisy?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Yakmouth posted:

I hope you're right, but Peggy Carter might disagree.

Agent Carter was in an odd place: the streaming rights for the show were such that it had limited availability overseas (maybe only Netflix UK) and never on Netflix. The only way to watch was to watch it live or watch the last 5 episodes on Hulu. Beyond that, the show might as well not exist.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

homullus posted:

If somebody were to die, I'd guess it would be Mace, either to stay in the Framework or to come back as a LMD. He is the most uncomfortable with what and where he is now.

Mace is probably the only one (real person) who knows frameward as a good guy. He'd be the guy on the team saying, "hey, this dude's not so bad." and everyone else would be in to murder the bot.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

twistedmentat posted:

They've said that Infinity War and the 4th Avengers Film will be stand alone films in that they are not direct sequels, but the second will build on the first. Infinity War starts on earth and ends in space, so I figure 2019 will start in space and end on earth. If I have to guess, Stark finds out something bad is going on in space, and they have to go find it. He either builds a ship or the Government has an alien ship, the Avengers go to space in it, piloted by Carol Danvers, and that's when they meet up with The Guardians. They have some Adventure that involves Thanos's agents, and then realize they're stuck in space. Second movie starts with them on Nowhere and they find out they have to go back to earth because Thanos is headed there.

And I've heard that Black Panther and Captain Marvel will be the focuses in the next round of films, but i think that was because they were the more prominent characters at the time.

I'm guessing that Infinity War will end with the defeat of the Avengers and Thanos becoming a universal threat. A sorta Empire Strikes Back sort of moment where the bad guy wins, the earth is only just safe, and the team is reeling from their defeat. Someone may die.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Dexo posted:

Yep. With something like AOS what usually happens with high streaming/DVR counts, and steady but low weekly ratings is they maybe up the product placement (How cool of Jemma to drive this HONDA ACCORD, and EAT AT SUBWAY while sneaking around in this Hydra simulation) like Fringe, and Chuck did. If they find a show with better ratings they will probably move AOS to the friday slot when it's time for it's last few or final seasons since it's just a Stream heavy and DVR show so timeslot means less.

Just throwing out that Chuck did it in the most overt, self-aware way possible, and I love it for that.

Severely underrated TV show.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Live watching tonight. This is exciting.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Mack's story is sad.

Also the girl staying with me for a while is... singing(?) really loudly from the back room. Odd and distracting.

Also Fitz gonna kill Simmons again.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Welcome to shield!

(and it's the old base, go figure)

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
drat, pouring on the Nazi stuff hard. "People who haven't done anything don't wind up here"

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Whoa... framework Fitz knows about "the other side"

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
waaaaat. I mean, how'd May know Daisy's real name. If she got that info from Aida, why was her incriminating herself necessary at all? Is powerless Daisy badass enough to beat real May? (no)

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
drat, Daisy, you were almost badass.

I still have so many questions.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
So, it's about fixing regrets, right? Fitz's big regret was his relationship with his father which is what drives him to be a better man. I'm assuming that Fitz's father was not such a great guy overall so, with a repaired relationship with his father not pushing him toward good and a hot as hell android telling him that being an rear end in a top hat is right, he's really tapped into the his dark side.

Also, how did May know Daisy's real name and why was it necessary for her to incriminate herself if it came from Aidra? They're in an autocratic state. If they already know the answer, why even ask?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

OB_Juan posted:

Nah. Coulson called Hydra on Simmons, they gave him some information, a folder full of stuff, and forced/asked him to follow her, and either inform on her and friends, or carry around a tracking device. He's a true believer by nature, the same way Fitz is loyal to his family, Ward is loyal to his Person, and May is a loyal soldier.

The only thing he's said about the real world was Daisy's name, which Hydra knows. Everything else has been him Magoo'ing around, and Simmons projecting Original Flavor Coulson onto him. The soap thing... could be anything really.

Coulson hasn't been teaching Fascism 101, giving students to Hydra, and also been a fan of the Patriot. It's an act.

Except that they established that Coulson is a conspiracy theorist with recollections that he can't reconcile before the point at which he would have become an agent of Hydra. You could tell he was uncomfortable when they took his student as well, but too afraid to say anything.

He also shot a pair of Hydra lackeys and didn't say anything as Ward was about to shoot Fitz. The lackeys were no big, but a double agent would have supported Simmons to protect a key asset.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

cant cook creole bream posted:

I wonder how much control Madame Haidra has over the mainframe. I don't think she's playing her role while also having all information about that world. It feels a bit like she made a local independent copy of herself which is freed of her prime directives.
Why else would she research that other side? If she is multithreading while also being in the regular world, she wouldn't need to collect intel from there. Or maybe she decided that she really shares Hydras ideals, so she wants to open a portal to bring some of her buddies to good old earth Earth-199999.

Still has her directives. She handed the gun to Fitz to let him kill Radcliffe or Agnes. She wouldn't have been able to pull the trigger herself.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Did anyone catch the scene in the quin jet with Coulson staring at the sniper rifle as it was pointed directly at Ward's back? I thought that was either a good callback or a strong bit of foreshadowing.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Red Oktober posted:

Anyone check out Galavant, because you're in for a real treat.

Fify

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Simmons, horrible tactics. You're the worst.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
This storyline is super sad.

But hey, it's Fitz's dad!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Slashrat posted:

lol, lion-paw man callback!

Comic book father of Yo-Yo: http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/John_Horton

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Trip!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Ho poo poo.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
just... ho poo poo.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Go and gently caress some poo poo up girl.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Chokes McGee posted:

what's going to be really funny is when she has like the ability to make little colored lights instead of huge vibrations

This would indeed be humorous.

It would be an interesting storyline to me if she was adjusting to a different but powerful powerset too.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

notthegoatseguy posted:

Probably not a good idea because if you did check in the real world, he'd be dead if he wasn't.

No, this is still not how pure terrigen works.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

double nine posted:

I thought it looked like the diviner stuff but I'm probably mixing up these very distinct looking crystal thingies.

diviner-infused crystals had very distinct silver/black metal running through them.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Huh, I'll give it a shot. A little heavy on the teen angst, but at least it seems like these teens got something to be angsty about.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Metropolis posted:

like FrameWard because Skye's regret is seemingly that Ward betrayed her, not "I regret loving Ward." She deifnitely misses Lincoln more but in a way she is also satisfied with how their relationship played out because even if it ended in tragedy it was real.

Skye didn't have a regret fixed. That's just how the simulation played out (Ward turns double agent on Hydra, Skye picked up as hacker kid somewhere, aptitude works her way up the ranks of hydra operatives to be subordinate to May, Ophelia is a Skyeward shipper)

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

X-O posted:

I think Hope is probably the only person making it back.

Agents of Shield Season 5: Agents of Hope.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Slashrat posted:

Until they can empirically prove that the whole framework is 100% simulated on mundane computer hardware, as opposed to being a neural interface and some software that uses darkhold magic to transplant a mind into a corresponding body in a parallel dimension that has had its reality altered by magic to diverge slightly, it's probably safer to err on the side of the framework residents being real people.

I believe they mentioned earlier in the season that they also stole that bit from Ultron: the framework is the ultimate malware, taking up processing cycles on every bit of hardware it can find.

Hell, if you want to take that to an extreme, the simulation might be borrowing from the data that it finds on these devices to build up real people profiles for avatars in the framework.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

STAC Goat posted:

And if this Fitz escapes the Framework with Ophelia than he is presumably the real Fitz in a new body and the old Fitz body is just brain dead like Mace presumably was. Because its all one Fitz.

I would be fascinated if Hydra Fitz escapes the framework via a synthesized body and Shield Fitz also wakes up. It would be an interesting twist on the hardware vs host concept. Is it Fitz because of his brain or is it Fitz because of his soul? Can consciousness be duplicated? What is real life?

You'd also have LMD Fitz still running around. I'm all for more Iian de Caestecker.

LMD May blew herself and LMD Coulson up, right? Who else was in that LMDeath sphere?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
The crazy inhuman test machine pays off!

Aida upgraded herself with the powers from those inhumans. Teleport is Gordon's thing, maybe they ran across an untransformed Gordon in the framework.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Mylan posted:

So they were hooked up to the Framework for 10+ days? Because I was wondering how they eat and breath, and other science facts.

IV?

• Locked thread