Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
That's right, they did get told. If Daisy knows, Mack knows. If Daisy or Mack knows, Yoyo probably knows shortly thereafter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Oasx posted:

I wouldn't have minded it if Coulson and Mace agreed to split the tasks, so they each did what they were good at. But it just came across like Coulson was blackmailing Mace so Coulson could continue to do the fun job, but not have any actual responsibilities.
In this situation Coulson is more the "bad guy" than Mace is.

It's was specifically: You do PR and politics, which you're good at, (and I don't like), I'll do operations (which Coulson likes and is good at).

Considering that Mace just got done telling a story about falling down photogenically during a crisis, and riding that to superpowers and leadership of SHIELD, it's not a terrible deal. He actually is good at PR and politics (announcing Quake was SHIELD on the spot, that debate), but bad at operations (p.much everything else he did).

Realistically, the Son of Coul running the place with a quality PR machine is a good version of SHIELD.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Aleph Null posted:

Me, too. And that may still be who's behind it. Maybe we'll get to see Norman Osborne.

I thought it could be a reference, but it seems like they'd drop some more before they revealed anything like that. "The hammer shatters glass but hardens steel" is an actual line.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
She also got to say who was and who wasn't ready to have powers. SHIELD is stuck with all kinds of people with all kinds of powers.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I'm glad Fitz was right, but man, if he was wrong, SHIELD would have taken a helluva dark turn this week.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Zzulu posted:

I hope they don't off Radcliffe because he is rad and Fitz needs a bro he can talk insane science to

Simmons. Not a bro, but certainly someone he can talk insane science to

Soonmot posted:

Can we just start calling the May LMD June?

June isn't bad, but I still like MayB

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Javid posted:

The only correct title is MayNot.

It's this.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I think it was an icer, so no biggie.

If the guard hadn't just handed over the sidearm, Fitz would have just headed on down to the armory to get whatever. It's not like doors or procedures have really stopped him in the past.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Okay, looks like I was wrong. Fitz has some serious confidence in his ability to tell LMD from human.

Or isn't worried about Radcliffe taking one in the dome.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
That's a great preview. The Koenigs are all great. It looks like the writers are trying to find the new set of fans to troll after the Ward thing.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

cant cook creole bream posted:

Also the relationship between Phil and May is really unsymmetrical right now. From his perspective, over the past few weeks it actually developed into something tangible and real, while May experienced nothing like that and still thinks of Coulson as a close friend. She may have had those feelings before, but deeply buried and maybe she wasn't even aware of them.

It's actually even worse - Coulson has no idea when May was swapped.

Also, I think they showed that their relationship was angling in that direction just before the swap. Not that it will matter - however May comes out of the Bahrain loop, she may or may not (haha puns) feel the same way.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Aleph Null posted:

Is she fully functional?

Thanks for reminding me of this: (nws, probably) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qar0unFwm2I

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Apoplexy posted:

Anyone else notice Skye finally got rid of that stupid dark eye shadow? Yay.

Sorry for the call back, but that's not her name! (anymore)

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Aleph Null posted:

I still think that Radcliffe will get the idea to download the real woman's mind into Aida's body and that he will try to do it without telling Aida. So, she'll find out and turn on Radcliffe in the end.

This is exactly the kind of dick move that will wreck Radcliffe in the end. Unless he's right, and Aida truly has no free will.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I thought Better Call Saul was the one with the robot toilet?

Robot toilet [everything about it]

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Obviously the Coulson roboto is programmed too well and he is in love with the Maybot. They are going to run off together.

Too bad they won't live, but then again, who does?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Mackross?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
So, we've moved from Battlestar Galactica to back to Stargate?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Can you imagine how pissed off iMack's going to be when he finds out he's the robot duplicate?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
loving Ward Won't Die! Love it.

Got so hype when I saw the photo. gently caress! This show is The Best.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Can we all agree that the Quakedouken is right up there with the one shot action sequence for most badass Daisy moment?
C'mon, Sonic Boom.

Can we call this the New Ward Order?

Edit: I totally agree with every instance of "Holy poo poo!" and "gently caress!"

June, Coultron, and Mackro, and Macebook were all pretty dead, but I think Fitzbit and the DaisySwarm probably are around.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 22, 2017

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Age of Aida

and holy poo poo turning The Superior into a head in a jar that remote controls his own body :stonklol:

It is a testament to this episode that I almost forgot that happened. How long was that episode?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
It was Simmons in the car with Fitz, and her gravestone was a fakeout, yeah?

If not, well played, AoS, on the most unexpected and undersold character death ever on tv.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Random thing I learned on the internet:

November 5 2013 is the airdate of the episode FTZZ (the one where she got the exploding head disease from the Chitauri helmet). Not sure what that means, but it's maybe something?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

STAC Goat posted:

There are people like that?

https://twitter.com/KatiaScrii/status/834246004916502535

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
He could be explaining why people fear inhumans, and why they shouldn't.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
They could kill Inhumans 20x as fast?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

counterfeitsaint posted:

Holy poo poo this show. I was just thinking man, only AoS on the DVR, I wish it was tomorrow for the Expanse instead.

I had just been thinking that the Expanse is my favorite show on TV, but then this episode happened. Maybe a tie?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
So, thoughts on the fixed regrets:

Fitz - didn't join SHILED, worked with/followed in his father's footsteps. Simmons died jumping out of an airplane in FTZZ, as Fitz wasn't there to find out that she had actually made the cure.

Coulson was the civilian May saved. Is he married to the chellist? May?

May did good in Bahrain.

Mack's kid didn't die.

Mace is what? Coulson's replacement in all of this? Nobody?

Simmons will either be punching her way out of her grave, or replacing whoever's in the car?

Alternate joke - car lady is Fitz's mom.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I think Daisy and Simmons are just hijacking their NPCs more than having their own fantasies.

Ward still being around probably plays into however Hydra won. Maybe via not having Coulson around in late season 1?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe her only regret was not killing Ward when she had the chance.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Jetfire posted:

Fake Quakes
I like it

Chokes McGee posted:

Excuse me, I believe the proper term is "Daisy Fleet"
Good

Bruceski posted:

The collective noun is a field of Daisys.
Also good.

Unfortunately, we've all missed the term up till now.

Skyenet

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
If anyone's coming out as an LMD, it's Mace. The LMD's powerset are exactly what the public already thinks he can do. Plus it defines his place on the team.

Coulson could be another option. He would make FANTASTIC use of having robot doubles on command.

An LMD Ward(ReWard) joining the crew for a while could be interesting, but who knows.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Spergatory posted:

So I was hoping one of the LMDs would betray Radcliffe and join the team permanently, but now that MayB is gone, that's looking like a pipe dream.

There is another possibility, however; somebody dies in the Framework, probably Fitz or Simmons, so their body dies in real life. The other half decides they are not just going to live with that, so they take the most recent brain scan from the Framework and download it into an LMD with no other programming. Voila! LMD teammate! It's just hosed-up and unhealthy enough to wring plenty of drama out of next season.

If Fitz slapped Simmons into an LMD body, it'd be profoundly creepy and basically make him Radcliffe Jr, so I'm not 100% in support of that (plus Simmons has been through enough, really).

If Simmons slaps Fitz into an LMD body, however... well, it'd still be creepy, but it'd also fit her characterization of feeling like she's not fully functional without him. Plus, there would be a layer of poetry to it; Fitz perfected the technology that saved his own life. You know, for a certain definition of 'saved.' :filez:

Nah, Fitz and Simmons are going to do it. They're going to be the couple that beats the Whedons, and actually get survive the show together.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Wasnt there a book very noticably missing from Wong's collection?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I liked Iron Fist, but a slightly better show set around these events would have been The Adventures of Colleen Wing and her goofy mystical-kung-fu boyfriend

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

pee out my butt posted:

That is her name.

Seems to be a debated point.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Nill posted:

Or Simmons ends up on the table with Fitz operating it to "figure out" how she reanimated. :ohdear:

Unacceptable.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

PierreTheMime posted:

This show is reeeeally good at skipping tropes. There are a half dozen people on the team that would outright reject/destroy LMD Ward on the spot, especially because even if he is "good" the AI injected into the LMD is literally a duplicate image of an evil person created by an evil AI tainted by evil magic. There's just no good reason to have that lying around.

So, you follow the Mack school of dealing with sentient robots?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

STAC Goat posted:

I will accept LMD Ward making it out of the Framework only for Mack to gun-axe his head off only for everyone else to be annoyed that he got to kill him when they all had so much more motivation.

The finale involving a race between the SHIELD team to murk lmd Ward would be pretty good.

I like the idea that lmd mace wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

homullus posted:

If somebody were to die, I'd guess it would be Mace, either to stay in the Framework or to come back as a LMD. He is the most uncomfortable with what and where he is now.

Plus, an LMD is pretty close to the powerset he's widely believed to have, so it would actually make his life less complicated. He's already got a secret, now he'll have the powers, a secret, and be an awesome robot.

Plus, he could be like a good-guy Dr Doom. It's always a Mace-bot

• Locked thread