Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Codependent Poster posted:

Whatever it takes to get Brett Dalton back on the show.

Have you seen what the poor guy is doing now?

Rock me, Sexy Jesus!

BrianWilly posted:

All that is for Ghost Rider, though. As a fitting representation of Robbie Reyes from the comics, this incarnation is...severely lacking, at least in this one episode. If not for the stretch-and-you'll-miss-it scene between him and Gabe at the end, nothing about his story or characterization or actions have the least bit to do with the original character. Interrogating and torturing his victims? Going on about vengeance and devils? It all just confirms my suspicions that they'd wanted to use Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch and just transported whatever blueprint they had in mind for those characters over to Robbie no matter how much or how little those square pegs might fit this round hole. Or else -- and I'm not sure if this is the better or worse option -- they went for Robbie from day one and just felt like molding him into the most generically-Ghost-Rider-y presentation possible, despite the fact that what makes Robbie so interesting is all the ways he's different from the other, more established spirits of vengeance. :shrug:

The end of his initial series does have him decide he's going to start giving into his bloodlust and murder bad people, so it's not too far off in my eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Gorilla Salad posted:

There are as many Ghost Riders as there are things to ride.

There's even a Smokey and the Bandit Ghost Rider.

And a bear. Also, a shark. And Elephant.

The best one is still the Undead G-Man from the 1920's, mowing down demon gangsters with his tommy gun alongside loudmouth blazing skull sidekick Knuckles O'Shaugnessy.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Punisher on Agents of SHIELD would be great payoff to that time Daisy mentioned an online friend named Microchip who is really into looking at crime scene photos.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

X-O posted:

He literally just won an Emmy for his latest comedy special a few days ago.

Plus he's going to be on the new MST3K as Son of TV's Frank.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Apologies.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

The effects look pretty baller this season. Also, more blood which is always good.

I remember when the show first started there was a scene in the pilot about Mike Peterson smashing his boss with a huge hunk of metal. Later on, they mentioned that the guy survived, so people here were rolling their eyes about how the show didn't have the balls to horribly kill anyone.

Then a month or so later we got the Scorch episode. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Bruceski posted:

I've only seen a few episodes of Jessica Jones. The paranoia/stress was resonating a bit too strongly with me.

I couldn't marathon it like I could with Daredevil because of that. I'd also usually follow it up by looking at a comic panel of Luke Cage headbutting Kilgrave so hard that he caved his face in.

• Locked thread