Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
So there's no way to preload this game it looks like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

1stGear posted:

So there's no way to preload this game it looks like?

I can't even buy it.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Early access doesn't get to preload, etc etc.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Yeah, Steam does not allow for pre-loading or pre-purchasing of Early Access games. And while I'm sure my hopes will be crushed, at least the devs of this game have stated they do not intend for EA to last beyond a year.

Ozmodai
May 6, 2007

I hate when my sisters barges in and I'm trying to shade the nipples on my Daemonettes UGH GET OUT

It comes out at night! I might have to do an all-nighter just this one time...

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

GoGoGadget posted:

Yeah, Steam does not allow for pre-loading or pre-purchasing of Early Access games. And while I'm sure my hopes will be crushed, at least the devs of this game have stated they do not intend for EA to last beyond a year.

Everything about funcom tells me that their 1 year timeline is not gonna happen.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Glenn Quebec posted:

Everything about funcom tells me that their 1 year timeline is not gonna happen.

I beg to differ, Funcom is not afraid to release an unfinished product.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

BadLlama posted:

I beg to differ, Funcom is not afraid to release an unfinished product.

as proved by releasing on early access

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
EA launch is tonight at 12am EST.

If you're not in the right Discord, check the OP. :getin:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I'm going to go to bed early and wake up at like 4 am to be a huge nerd and still go-to work

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
I've been watching some Twitch streams of this today and the game looks interesting. A couple bugs here and there and the human combat AI is very simplistic, but overall doesn't look too bad for a survival game that's just coming out in early access. Of course the best part of these survival games is goon rushing :goon: a server and conquering all the pubbies. I'll likely pick this up if they stick to the normal <$30 EA pricing.

Edit:
\/\/\/\/ Ah okay, fantastic! Yeah, I had read that it was probably $30 but hadn't seen anything actually confirming that.

Inkel fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 30, 2017

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Inkel posted:

I've been watching some Twitch streams of this today and the game looks interesting. A couple bugs here and there and the human combat AI is very simplistic, but overall doesn't look too bad for a survival game that's just coming out in early access. Of course the best part of these survival games is goon rushing :goon: a server and conquering all the pubbies. I'll likely pick this up if they stick to the normal <$30 EA pricing.

Good news. They did, it's $30

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Game is being streamed by some reviewers and such https://m.twitch.tv/tpreview is the one I'm watching. Started not long ago.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Uh triple post but...what type of server are we looking to play on? Pvp blitz is increased rates (who knows how much) with monthly wipes. Regular pvp is 1x but no wipes.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GoGoGadget posted:

Uh triple post but...what type of server are we looking to play on? Pvp blitz is increased rates (who knows how much) with monthly wipes. Regular pvp is 1x but no wipes.

BMW MASTER PLAN is play on Official Server

vvv In theory, but there will def be a wipe after EA and probably a few in the mean time due to inevitable game breaking bugs.

Taylor Swift fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 30, 2017

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

If there's no wipes does that mean the character I start tomorrow is supposed to last for years and years?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Baron Porkface posted:

If there's no wipes does that mean the character I start tomorrow is supposed to last for years and years?

Yes. But they're crazy if they think they'll be able to have no wipes. People will find glitches and exploits that will allow them to amass a huge amount of resources or destroy other people's stuff with no effort, blocking npc spawns with player buildings, building under the terrain, etc. Then eventually mega clans will take over official servers and run everyone else into the ground. It's just a matter of how long they'll hold out before giving in and doing a wipe.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Inkel posted:

Yes. But they're crazy if they think they'll be able to have no wipes. People will find glitches and exploits that will allow them to amass a huge amount of resources or destroy other people's stuff with no effort, blocking npc spawns with player buildings, building under the terrain, etc. Then eventually mega clans will take over official servers and run everyone else into the ground. It's just a matter of how long they'll hold out before giving in and doing a wipe.

Clans like ours ruin the "no wipe" thing pretty quickly. Redditors like the idea until organized clans conquer and destroy literally everything worth having forever. :wooper:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
People have already proven they haven't addressed being able to kill yourself and sacrifice your own body for altars, so max level altars will be in the game in the first day. They're going to wipe stuff.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

some people are just really religious

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

AriadneThread posted:

some people are just really religious

crom LAUGHS at yer fhour winds

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Turns out the Twitch server password was the same password as the other beta servers.
Today I punched Lirik in the face.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I've never played a survival game. What standout flaws do Ark and Rust have? What is the foremost fear you have about Conans gameplay?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Baron Porkface posted:

I've never played a survival game. What standout flaws do Ark and Rust have? What is the foremost fear you have about Conans gameplay?

wind dingus

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Baron Porkface posted:

I'll echo what I mentioned earlier but my biggest problem with Ark was the power gap that forms when a tribe dominates a server and no one can catch up because the power difference in gear (and in Ark's case, dinosaurs) was insane. Of course if you have a core group, you could always just travel to different servers sowing chaos and destruction.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Inkel posted:

I'll echo what I mentioned earlier but my biggest problem with Ark was the power gap that forms when a tribe dominates a server and no one can catch up because the power difference in gear (and in Ark's case, dinosaurs) was insane. Of course if you have a core group, you could always just travel to different servers sowing chaos and destruction.

that wasn't helped by some activities in the game taking actual literal hours to days to do, such as taming some of the higher end dinosaurs
did ark ever stop adding new animals to polish up the rest of the game? i stopped paying attention a while ago

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

AriadneThread posted:

that wasn't helped by some activities in the game taking actual literal hours to days to do, such as taming some of the higher end dinosaurs
did ark ever stop adding new animals to polish up the rest of the game? i stopped paying attention a while ago

Very true, and no - they actually just added(or are adding soon) a whole new tek tier of overpowered garbage. I went back for a night and checked it out like a month ago and it was the same as it was when I stopped playing over a year ago. Except now you can transfer characters/dinos/items between official servers again.

edit: To be fair, I should mention that they have added a good amount of quality of life stuff like industrial versions of all the crafting tables which work much more quickly. Taming/breeding is still a slog though, even with the small rate boost they gave the official servers.

Inkel fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 31, 2017

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Turns out the Twitch server password was the same password as the other beta servers.

I think he likes you

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/118490311?t=06h52m48s

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Jealous.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Joke's on him. I'd been offline for over an hour when that happened.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
If anyone is on the fence about this game, this should alleviate your fears

:nws: http://kotaku.com/new-conan-game-sure-has-dicks-in-it-1791800860 :nws:

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."
Well I'm loving sold. Count me in.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Inkel posted:

Nerolus posted:

Well I'm loving sold. Count me in.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Who would of known? Conan slave game, progressive as gently caress

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Is early access free to play? I don't see a purchase option...

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Is early access free to play? I don't see a purchase option...

No. It'll be $30 and you can't pre-order early access games. It'll be available to purchase at midnight est

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
Game looks bizarre, but I've been watching streamers on this all day.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

How is Funcom when it comes to cheating? That poo poo ruined Day-Z

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I didn't know this existed until just now.
Holy moly, I need it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Inkel posted:

This thread needs a namechange to reflect this.

• Locked thread