Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

eonwe posted:

i dont think its actually in Europe tho.

It's not, they mislabeled it. West Coast Bimmers are getting 60 ping to it, so it cant be Euro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Ruggan posted:

How does xp work? I mean I know you get some for every action but killing stuff seems slow, even spiders and all the crazy stuff.

On 193 last night I was able to get to level 11 pretty quickly just farming and building tons of foundations, walls and ceilings for our autism base.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Harminoff posted:

Xp for kills only I think. So if you are in a group only one person will get the xp, which I think is a great decision.

Do you get xp for the kill or hitting a thing? If you are a fresh character and you go box someone you can see your xp fill up as you hit dudes and not kill them.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
Experience gains just kind of stopped for me in the high single digits. Should I just be crafting/killing better stuff to keep the bar moving?

I was loving around with the mechanics of this last night on single-player. Being able to build onto cliff-faces really sold me on the base building system.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
First time playing one of these games, so far it seems pretty neat. I'm digging the aesthetic of skulls, bones, and boners.

I hope that rubberbanding gets fixed though, god drat.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

193 (and other pvp blitz servers) are bugged and xp and gathering rates are back at 1x. Others are reporting it on Reddit as well. I posted for 193 specifically. So that's another reason that the pop is low besides us. That and the Europe mislabelling.

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."
I was told if you get food poisoning you will pretty much die. I traveled from the starting area to our spot and fought spiders and hyena looking things and little danny devito monsters with a pickaxe while starving. I couldn't make a fire so I ate raw meat. It hurt me for a little while but went away. I brought myself back from the dead just eating raw meat and carrying on. I chose whatever the cannibal/murderer race and god was. Not sure if that actually makes a difference but eatin raw meat and surviving to beat spiders asses is a-okay with me.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
Considering checking this out, but:

Any euros playing or will i be alone when all the trumplovers are asleep?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
There's at least 5-6 euros afaik? Might be a lot more, I just have a hard time telling accents that aren't german or scandinavian.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

There's at least 5-6 euros afaik? Might be a lot more, I just have a hard time telling accents that aren't german or scandinavian.

And some of us blend in because we're Americans in Europe (me)

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Picer posted:

Considering checking this out, but:

Any euros playing or will i be alone when all the trumplovers are asleep?

We've got people on almost 24/7, wont be a problem

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

So you can build some pretty cool poo poo.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Best Girl Teknoir is streaming right now because he's GOAT

https://www.twitch.tv/teknoirtv

Watch these idiots do idiot poo poo

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Also server 193 says it's in Europe lol like why would you ever choose it

I live in Europe and get 210ms

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I only recently got Ark and haven't been able to do much in it yet but this calls to me with the siren call of the dongslider. Please, thread, regale those of us who don't have it yet with more screenies and trip reports

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Taylor Swift posted:

Best Girl Teknoir is streaming right now because he's GOAT

https://www.twitch.tv/teknoirtv

Watch these idiots do idiot poo poo
You say streaming, but all I see is a dead screen. :v:

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Post more vidios of giant dicks and tiddies please. I'm trying to jack off over here!

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

is there a way to disable the intro movies

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
A rhino saw me through the walls of my own house and was able to attack me through the walls. It knocked down the walls of my house and killed me. And since my bed was in my house it camp killed me.

GOTY.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

Taylor Swift posted:

We've got people on almost 24/7, wont be a problem

Sweet, ill drop by tomorrow then.

Mr. Giggles
Nov 4, 2009
I got iron spears prior to most everyone on my server and went on a massive warpath. I killed a guy, took literally every important/time intensive crafting item off his body, then destroyed all his stations.

If you hold right click then left click you cahrge with teh spear and it looks like it knocks back. So the dude respawns on top of his house and I spear charge him off the top.

I proceeded to sweep down the river, along the lake murdering and looting every logged out player / their bases. I then blamed this chaos on a different group who is now seen widely as enemies of the server.

Good rear end game.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:allears:

this pleases me

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That's one benefit of it being so goddamn hard to see names and clans.

comrade corcus
Apr 23, 2013
Is there a way to change gods, say from Crom to Zog?

Orv
May 4, 2011

comrade corcus posted:

Is there a way to change gods, say from Crom to Zog?

There are NPCs that teach the base religion schema, and you can have them all at once.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Some Detroit Updates:

comrade corcus
Apr 23, 2013

Orv posted:

There are NPCs that teach the base religion schema, and you can have them all at once.

Would you by chance know where the Zog guy is?

Orv
May 4, 2011

comrade corcus posted:

Would you by chance know where the Zog guy is?

I know we found him near our inital base in the southwest, couldn't tell you more than that.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

needs more dong monument. (dongument?)

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

This game looks pretty good and now that you guys have had some time to play it, how is it?

How does it play and feel compared to, say, Ark? In terms of character control, combat, etc.

Also, does anyone know if its going to be moddable?

comrade corcus
Apr 23, 2013

Orv posted:

I know we found him near our inital base in the southwest, couldn't tell you more than that.

Thanks man, if you have any rough estimates of where it would be awesome

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
Has anyone actually looked at the OP's website? Fuckin lmao.

"We aren’t a Goon group per se. Most our founders and members are Goons, but SA has gone to poo poo and we disagree with the culture it now has, so we are now more a group of dicks looking for other dicks. Our big thing is that we generally hate most Goons (Especially spergy whiney ones who care too much about social issues and being “nice”.) and value real free speech. No safe spaces up in this bitch. All we do is shitpost and talk bad about everyone. Also, occasionally we kill mans."

Orv
May 4, 2011

comrade corcus posted:

Thanks man, if you have any rough estimates of where it would be awesome

Our original base was

and the people that were talking about him found him somewhere north of it.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Trainmonk posted:

Has anyone actually looked at the OP's website? Fuckin lmao.

"We aren’t a Goon group per se. Most our founders and members are Goons, but SA has gone to poo poo and we disagree with the culture it now has, so we are now more a group of dicks looking for other dicks. Our big thing is that we generally hate most Goons (Especially spergy whiney ones who care too much about social issues and being “nice”.) and value real free speech. No safe spaces up in this bitch. All we do is shitpost and talk bad about everyone. Also, occasionally we kill mans."

See: exhibit A. :smuggo:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 2, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Admittedly SA has become vastly less permissive regarding shenanigans over the years. Goons will always goon though.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

grimcreaper posted:

This game looks pretty good and now that you guys have had some time to play it, how is it?

How does it play and feel compared to, say, Ark? In terms of character control, combat, etc.

Also, does anyone know if its going to be moddable?

The fact that you can pick up stuff with a tool or weapon equipped is HUGE.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

The fact that you can pick up stuff with a tool or weapon equipped is HUGE.

I'm trying to fight some crocodiles and swing them with my sword. I miss and hit some rocks instead.. and I get stone to my inventory :v:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ihmemies posted:

I'm trying to fight some crocodiles and swing them with my sword. I miss and hit some rocks instead.. and I get stone to my inventory :v:

Well that AND you can just press E and gobble up any trash on the ground while your pickaxe or whatever is out.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
A body marker would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kimsemus posted:

See: exhibit A. :smuggo:

:vince:

Hexenritter posted:

Admittedly SA has become vastly less permissive regarding shenanigans over the years. Goons will always goon though.

Flashbacks of the Griefing Thread getting locked...

• Locked thread