Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The admin of my server wiped everything without warning, cool.
That kinda kills all motivation to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This thread is bad because it's making me side with Snatch Duster.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This terrible thread is becoming more fun than the game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I like the part where I hit the rock and then I take the rock and then run away from a nasty alligator.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Taylor Swift posted:

Who would have thought an EA game would be barely playable in its infancy.

The game is very playable and very fun.

Toxic idiots who want to make everything into a pissing match make me enjoy the game, just away from Goons.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kimsemus posted:

TBH they should wipe every patch that mechanically/substantially changes mechanics that deal with the way players interact. If anyone cries about it point to the Early Access tag.

I agree but you know most people won't.
EA should always be treated like a beta because it is. Everything is subject to change.

That being said, I think this game is so surprisingly polished for an EA survival game, wipes seem kinda weird.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yup. Dead as poo poo.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

And poor timing.
The Switch came out soon after and I know that's why my friends and I stopped. There's no real market share but this game was good for being in-between big releases.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pioneer42 posted:

Probably get roasted for saying this, but this game could really use a single-player component. It's the only way to give it some longevity.

You're not wrong.
I'd love a game like this where there is a goal of hand-building a town and palace.
Yeah you can do that in Minecraft but there is no point.

I want to scrape by at first to carve out my own place in the world to build my castle and army and take it against the big bad. Kinda like a 3rd person RTS.

gently caress that would rule.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Harminoff posted:

Isn't that kind of their plan? For you to build little villages with NPC's and what not?

Oh absolutely but there isn't a central/final goal like you would find if it were a single player game.

I've fallen out of love with these games now that I'm a lovely adult with little free time. I like my games to have goals, finality or at least something akin to a Roguelike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Baron von der Loon posted:

You may want to give Planet Explorers a look. I've briefly played it myself, and it seems to have a single-player component with a storyline where you will ultimately end up having to build a colony and take care of NPCs. You also continually had to do quests for NPCs, which was pretty nice and actually steered you a bit towards gameplay.

Seeing some mixed reviews tho'.

OH!
I have a couple friends that suggested it and then I forgot. Thanks.

• Locked thread