Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Does this game seem like it would be fun solo offline or even online? I'm down with some bizarro Conan world and open builder but I don't have a ton of free time to group up with people. I'm guessing if I played online I'd just get my teeth kicked in by organized players but perhaps it's worth messing around by myself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the idea of buying into an EA open world game makes me nauseous but I dig the Conan world and if I can get a dozen hours out of it might be worthwhile.

Bets on when the first paid expansion well still in EA happens? I give it until June.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Been messing around in solo-play and this game is pretty good already. A lot more stuff to do than I expected for an EA title. Still some performance issues even in offline mode but the core of it is fun.

This game is also hard, crocodiles suck and will eat your lunch anytime you try to make it down to a river for water.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The dev team seems fairly responsive and engaged. Since release they've done what 2 or 3 patches that have actually fixed poo poo? Could this be the promised EA title legends foretold that actually sees a release?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just checked Steam DB 41,738 in game currently. I think this game is doing well.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Did you accidentally tick hardcore mode or something?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I didn't even realize there was going to be a magic component to this all. That's awesome.

I'm totally gonna build a wizard tower on a cliff side and shoot lighting bolts at crocodiles.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
5 patches since launch on Feb 1st. If nothing else the devs are at least pretty responsive. If this game actually leaves EA in a year as they have planned I'll eat my shorts.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Cool,I'll hop on and give it a shot. Any specific server rules? I'm probably just gonna find a corner of the map and build a lovely stone cabin and not bother anyone.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They really need to fix the bed respawn soon, sucks when you forget to bind and have to walk all the way from the desert.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

I asked my Funcom friend how to suggest QoL improvements for the game. His reply was "The official channel is the Steam forums, but they are a steaming pile of poo poo filled with crazy nerds."

I got a feedback e-mail adress to send suggestions to, but goons being goons, I won't release it to spare the poor FC workers from being spammef with dickpics. If you have any suggestions for improvements to the game, quote my post and :justpost:

I will be sending them a list by the end of the week.

For the love of Crom please fix mattress and respawning. Having to remember to bind to a mattress every time you place one or after death rebuilding and binding is really annoying and it's super frustrating when you die and end up back out in the desert even though you know you have a mattress in your base.

Make mattresses permanent and auto-bind when placed.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh cool let me just run over there and... *dies a dozen times from crocodiles*

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It ran really smooth yesterday when it was up, I'm in the U.S. and for a Euro server I hardly had any issues.

I jumped on a different U.S. server with a much lower ping last night and it was running a lot worse by comparison.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You can also add a server to favourites by go to the Steam View -> Servers drop down and add the server to your list.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hammerstein posted:

I just halved this variable on Riddle of Steel from 1 to 0.5

We have an npc camp near our base. Not really close, you still gotta jog a good distance to get there, but for some reason they stopped respawning earlier today. I wanna check if this fixes it.

Did the server IP change? It wasn't showing up on the Steam server browser.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Thanks, yeah I forgot about that.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

GoGoGadget posted:

They really need to just give you all the building parts in one recipe per tier. It's kind of dumb that you have to spend so many points and wait so long to make a base that doesn't look like poo poo

Same with armour, having to spend points to buy them piece meal is really annoying.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The official servers are a crap shoot. The PvP servers are constantly full and you have to queue via steam browser to get in. There are plenty of people who have been on for 8+ hours clearly afk to save their spot.

Then there is the problem of land grabbing. People are laying down single foundation blocks all over the map to claim territory. It took me almost 2 hours of wandering to finally find a decent spot to setup base.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What a total mess the official servers are. Tried most of the day on/off to get back into the server I started a base on, constantly full.

I decided to just start fresh on a new server cause I was wasting so much time trying to log in. Almost the entire map is claimed by single block ownership at this point. Any halfway decent location has been "claimed" by people just spewing foundations all over the map in a land grab.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Any tips for protecting my poo poo hovel? I set my base up in a nice spot out of the way and hidden but occasionally someone swings by to destroy all my storage containers and it's really annoying. I'm only level 10 with stone poo poo and no thralls so idk what I should be doing to prevent it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sand storms are actually really cool looking in this game. Only been hit by one once but seeing a huge brown wall moving towards you and then your visibility dropping down to ~10 feet is pretty sweet.

Doesn't currently do damage or anything though.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Uhhhhh wow, my poo poo hovels look like actual poo poo compared to that.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

The admin of my server wiped everything without warning, cool.
That kinda kills all motivation to play.

Yeah my base kept getting raided every night and I just kinda stopped bothering. I only get an hour or 2 at a time and spending that rebuilding a base just to have it destroyed for no gain (it's literally just some walls and storage boxes) felt like a waste of time. I'll come back to the game when things are more balanced cause it is legit fun.

Does that mean my tears have been harvested or something?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TheTrend posted:

Is the combat in this game still poo poo and bad? I'm an old timey gamer and don't care much for this post minecraft build your own base poo poo that all you youts seem to be about these days, but I'm down to help out goons build things and raid pubbies nice things and smash/take them. However, with all the forrays i've made into this genre (Fo4, Ark,) they're all bad and annoying. Is this uhh... objectively better?

If you don't like open world survival games don't buy this. It's pretty good for one of those but it very much is still one of those.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Conan should come and Exile this thread.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What other betas would you suggest someone go play?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sharkopath posted:

I built a nice house.

I built a poop hut on a public server and then someone knocked it down and I couldn't be bothered to rebuild it so I just stopped playing.

Tears harvested?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Comrayn posted:

That sounds boring as poo poo I'll pass

Nice meltdown :smug:

Am I doing it right?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I feel like the biggest issue they need to grapple is land ownership. As it stands any semi organized group rushes a server dropping single tiles all over the map which prevents anyone from building. It's a huge road block if you're joining late or playing solo cause the only places left to setup camp are poo poo holes with no resources nearby and you'll probably end up getting endlessly raided.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I enjoyed my time with it but yeah there are some glaring issues that need to be resolved. Land claim being probably my biggest gripe.

I'll come back to it eventually.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I had fun for a few weeks. It got old having to restart for the 100th time and every server being completely littered with single building tiles so that you couldn't actually setup a base anywhere because all the land was "claimed". Wandering around the map trying to find a place to setup a small poop hut and you wide up in the middle of nowhere near no resources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That looks pretty cool, might have to jump back in and check it out.

• Locked thread