Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."
Well I'm loving sold. Count me in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

Rubberbanding like crazy right now and most goons in the BMW are having a hard time meeting up with the server capping. Hopefully it'll smooth out by the weekend.

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

Hammerstein posted:

Thinking about picking this up. Are the servers region split ? This game only makes sense for me if I can play it with lots of goons.
Got a server browser just like ARK, Arma, any valve game, etc. Can sort by ping and whatnot. Seems you can join whatever you want.

Harminoff posted:

Dang. If I refund and get this do I need to reinstall? Never refunded a game before.

You could try renaming the folder with all the conan poo poo in it in your Program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\conanshit folder. I don't think it forces you to uninstall. When I refunded Verdun last year it was just greyed out and unlaunchable via steam but all the files were still on my rig.

I sifted through reddit and found some developer posts. Apparently Battleeye is causing a lot of issues so if you are having conan problems try updating that poo poo from the source. They're working on a bunch of fixes and are aware of poo poo being hosed up right now. They also pinned a topic on the steam forums of big issues they're working on: http://steamcommunity.com/app/440900/discussions/3/133255957992335136/

And here's a handy map with coordinates, for coordinating group tea-baggings:

Nerolus fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 31, 2017

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

Anarchy Online, Secret World and Age of Conan? Sounds like an alright track record to me. You can bet your footlong warrior dong that there will be some microtransaction cosmetics with a launch price of $30.

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

1stGear posted:

...I'm reading in that EULA...

Oh gently caress dude don't do that. :tinfoil:

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

/me removes his loincloth revealing his sandblasted sunburned and battlescarred mollusk

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

Nyfrin posted:

Well, share! Always good to know good spots.

Disclaimer - haven't tried this since I'm at work, but Reddit seems to think it works.

1. Go to your steam page
2. Click view at the top of the page
3. Select servers
4. Select Conan Exiles as the game
5. Sort by alphabet etc and find your server (i.e Official "O")
6. Click join, refresh until it find the player list and set auto-join if full
7. Let Conan Exiles load up to the menu on its own. It will join after about 10 Seconds.

Make sure Conan Exiles is closed before you do these steps.

I'd also suggest adding the server you plan on using often to favorites within steam so you don't have to search every time you want to play again. Just right click your steam icon in the task bar, hit Servers and go to your favorites to see how many people are online and just join via that. Works way better and faster than the ingame server browser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

I was told if you get food poisoning you will pretty much die. I traveled from the starting area to our spot and fought spiders and hyena looking things and little danny devito monsters with a pickaxe while starving. I couldn't make a fire so I ate raw meat. It hurt me for a little while but went away. I brought myself back from the dead just eating raw meat and carrying on. I chose whatever the cannibal/murderer race and god was. Not sure if that actually makes a difference but eatin raw meat and surviving to beat spiders asses is a-okay with me.

• Locked thread