Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

the character creation looks miles better then my only other experience with survival games, ark
i don't know if i'd buy this, but i'll be paying attention. i really don't like the whole early access model though, has any survival game ever come out of early access?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

GoGoGadget posted:

Don't think so! But this developer has already launched games and has already stated they do not plan to be in EA for much more than a year.

i mean, being an established developer is a point in their favor, but didn't the ark guys say the same thing though
i'll believe it when it happens

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

it's never going to leave early access, i'm convinced now

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

BadLlama posted:

I beg to differ, Funcom is not afraid to release an unfinished product.

as proved by releasing on early access

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

some people are just really religious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Inkel posted:

I'll echo what I mentioned earlier but my biggest problem with Ark was the power gap that forms when a tribe dominates a server and no one can catch up because the power difference in gear (and in Ark's case, dinosaurs) was insane. Of course if you have a core group, you could always just travel to different servers sowing chaos and destruction.

that wasn't helped by some activities in the game taking actual literal hours to days to do, such as taming some of the higher end dinosaurs
did ark ever stop adding new animals to polish up the rest of the game? i stopped paying attention a while ago

• Locked thread