Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
A survival PvP thing with melee combat that isn't just waving sticks at each others body until someone dies would be cool.

Thus ends my hopes and dreams for this game, I'm at least willing to give it a chance to be more though.

Also the idea that the C4/base destruction equivalent is just a flaming arrow and some cow poo poo amphorae is hilarious to me.

Orv fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
That AMA says the word biomes so I assume so?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Watch out for de picts!

Orv
May 4, 2011
It'd be nice if it also ran reliably on systems that should be able to run it, instead of being a complete roll of the dice whether it plays nice with your computer.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That is some survival-rear end survival game.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That video already veered into creepy every fix or six minutes, so I look forward to how much worse it can get.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Could anything matter less to this game?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Glenn Quebec posted:

Dude I like a robust character creator for my unique Mary Sue who will be invariably covered in armor

It's Funcom's Conan, so probably not that covered.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I feel like you've missed a critical piece of information here.

Orv
May 4, 2011
B2P with no sub, but it's a survive-em-up so it'll be discrete 30-100 or whatever person servers, it's not an MMO infrastructure thing. Same thing as Ark, DayZ or any of the nine trillion others.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Actually went and watched the other two streams they did, I feel that itch to play lovely survival games like a dumb idiot again, so gently caress me.

My main hope is that making an actual combat system will mean PvP is a meaningful affair instead of the weird scrabbling, jumping, ducking and weaving lag affair survival game combat tends to be.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The last stream made me real unsure about this. The combat was totally hosed and NPCs were nearly non-functional. I'll probably still buy it because my lust for low effort griefing had been rekindled and I'm stupid, but I'm still worried.

Orv
May 4, 2011
This loving game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sw54Pdh_m8

Orv
May 4, 2011

Gamesguy posted:

Someone post when server 12 works again please.

I wouldn't worry about it. Turns out though stone weapons are "of insufficient quality" you can punch buildings apart just fine.

E: Also it turns out you can get up onto at least part of that bridge just by walking, we should probably fortify that when they fix building health.

Orv fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 31, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011
Scroll MMB.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I hear if you press pause on the keyboard it pauses the server, that's pretty impressive on the "how did this make it to launch?" scale of gently caress-ups.

Can confirm.

Orv
May 4, 2011

comrade corcus posted:

Is there a way to change gods, say from Crom to Zog?

There are NPCs that teach the base religion schema, and you can have them all at once.

Orv
May 4, 2011

comrade corcus posted:

Would you by chance know where the Zog guy is?

I know we found him near our inital base in the southwest, couldn't tell you more than that.

Orv
May 4, 2011

comrade corcus posted:

Thanks man, if you have any rough estimates of where it would be awesome

Our original base was

and the people that were talking about him found him somewhere north of it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
If the day ever comes that goons aren't all of the server and there's a decent enemy force to oppose, that's probably exactly what'll happen.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Gay Horney posted:

how cool would it be if this game had a persistent new vegas style reputation system that applied to your clan. Fully fledged NPC cities based around some strategic resources and you can either be their homie and trade peacefully with them or use them for cattle. would give PVP factions something to fight over which is always a problem in these games.

That is the eventual intent. They've specifically talked about NPC factions remembering your actions towards them.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Orv
May 4, 2011

Saxophone posted:

Hmm, is there any way to build freestanding walls without putting a foundation down? I'd like to wall off my base, but I'm starting to get the impression I can only do so by making a billion foundations.

Fence Foundations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

it's back up

Orv
May 4, 2011

Huge Fucker Bitch posted:

What the hell happened?

Known bug, supposedly fixed with yesterdays patches, just after the server went down and erased it all.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Eastbound Spider posted:

I like building things and i like dongs, is this game good?

Yes on both counts. It's probably a better building game in SP with turned up rates to ignore the survival part though.

Orv
May 4, 2011

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

what stats are worth leveling? so far i've just been sinking everything into carry weight and stamina

Grit, Encumbrance and Vitality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
:nws: but incredibly good

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/AgreeableIcyIberianmole

• Locked thread