Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Any EU Goons who are going to be playing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Yeah. We're playing with the American crew, though.

Gonna have to live with the warp then.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I spent some time in the BMW Discord and I don't think the alt-right slant is ironic.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Went on a server with 5x rates, I think that might be overtuned. I went through the effort to get a spear and then raided several bases before I got chumped in a lag fight. It's a fun game but it's gonna have to fix the stability issues if I'm gonna keep playing it, I'll check back in a week.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I was just on the server, everything was fine. Part of the patch notes talk about database backups because it's apparently prone to corruption.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

lilspooky posted:

How does the map size in this game compare to Ark? Can you actually hide somewhere?

No boats / sea creatures / flying right?

Also the Conan universe has had some degree of magic. Have the devs made any mention of that? Is there a page I can go to see a roadmap or dev plans?

Magic will supposedly be tied to corruption. So the more powerful a mage is, the more decrepit and frail he is. They've also said it's going to be tied mainly to necromancy rather than flashy fireballs and poo poo.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Hammerstein posted:

I'm a loving idiot....

I trusted the review on Comparegamehosting.com, but now I looked up other sites and it seems Survivalserver.com is one of the worst solutions you can opt for.

Rip. I guess I shouldn't bother trying to get back on again?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Riddle of steel seems to work fine again, hardly any lag.

I've finally built real beds. You no longer have to live in fear of spawning in bumfuck nowhere. I also left a small hut with a proper bed near the north side of the broken bridge for those doing the run so if they don't make it they won't have to start all the way out in the desert again.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Watch the pubbie harvest server be just 100% goons fighting each other. It's going to be great.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Hammerstein posted:

Look what some Reddit sperg built.

Now I realize why our base is called Hobo Town....

Our base is legit awful, it's true. I haven't spent my points on triangles or rounded corners :(

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Hammerstein posted:

Well we started without laying a proper foundation. Guess the most important thing when building in this game is to have lots of foundation blocks and then build from bottom to top. Also place the first foundation on the highest point in the area, this will prevent grass clipping through everything.

Anyway, I work the graveyard shift tonight, so I will have plenty of time for stone mining and maybe construct a small resource-gathering outpost in the desert to the east.

Right, lets start over. I'll make the explosive pots.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

Cooool.
Something Dongful ate my character and now I have to restart!

Server was reset because Funcom. Leaving or joining a clan would crash the server and resetting was the only fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Wallet posted:

:allears:

Here's a bonus picture of the whole thing, including my goofy irregular towers:

They really need two and three sided wedge roofs to cap things.

RIP that base when someone summons Set on it.

• Locked thread