Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
Considering checking this out, but:

Any euros playing or will i be alone when all the trumplovers are asleep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Taylor Swift posted:

We've got people on almost 24/7, wont be a problem

Sweet, ill drop by tomorrow then.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Man, rushing into some building complex two pubs spent too long making, with a steel sword was amazingly fun.

- First, kill said pubbies. Repeat until they have emptied their coffers and are coming at you naked.
- Run into the building and destroy the beds while said pubs can only watch.
- Kill them one last time while shouting "enjoy the run"
-Smash everything they have

It's been a long time since being this much of a dick felt this good.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Apparently, Funcom had an AMA.

They posted this gem:

quote:

Similar to the way in which you capture thralls, we would like you to be able to drag players back to your altars and sacrifice them for a massive boost. We might also add specific killing equipment such as iron maidens etc. In addition we really want you to be able to harvest the heads of your foes and stick them on spikes outside and around your bases. Maybe even at some point...castration.

See? This is what happens when you let Norwegians make games. :norway:

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Is there a second clan going on the goon server? The first clan is already full.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Hammerstein posted:

Dear Goons,

We are back in the game:

[EU] The Riddle of Steel - PvP

88.99.0.69:27105

70 slot server hosted by Nitrous Networks (picked a server located in Germany) - their reviews were the best. 9.7 out of over 400 reviews, they also got a Steam group and I talked to one of their guys a few days ago (and then still took Survivalservers cause it was cheaper, silly me) https://www.trustpilot.com/review/nitrous-networks.com

The bad part: they are more expensive.

The good part: This thing was up and running within minutes, updates properly with a progress bar over the Steam console, reboots within seconds and seems to be in an entirely different league - quality wise - than Survivalservers. With tons of bells and whistles like a proper resource monitor. Their client area is more complicated and console based than Survivalservers, but it feels like stepping onto the Enterprise after trucking around in a garbage can before.

The server name now also shows up not only under Steam servers but also in the in-game server browser.

Let me know how your ping and performance is. From here (Vienna) I'm connecting to their German location with about 50ms. The German servers are located in Falkenstein and at first I was like "Ugh, middle of nowhere" while I would have preferred a large financial center like Frankfurt, but it looks like they are hosting in a huge data center which was built there recently, so we should be fine.

I imported the old database and my character is still there - so you should be ok. Question is: would you prefer a fresh start or do we put more effort into Hobo Town (I think spiders live there now). I can set the server to something like 3x for a few hours and we would be at the same progress stage easily.

You are free to dick around with whatever floats your boat, in case goons want to get organized we got this super-professional spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YnPuPer4cKnG_O152eWlxdLBOOuUF1SXGGWE-29JWmo/edit#gid=0

I'm considering it. Goon server is getting kinda big, and the high ping is annoying at times. I might drop by.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Eddalius posted:

I thought we were friends picer :<

The high ping can be a little annoying, but honestly, I'm surprised an america server is so smooth for an aussie. Normally I have a lot more issues than this.
I'll only change servers if an aussie one pops up that is as smooth as the goon one... Which isn't likely.

Hey, i said i was considering it! I haven't been able to play anything since the other night. And if Kim's server usually have maintenece at EU primetime it's not really an option.

That's just basing off on one night though, so i'm not worried yet.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Demiurge4 posted:

Server was reset because Funcom. Leaving or joining a clan would crash the server and resetting was the only fix.

Yeah, sorry about that. I for one blame Kweg. I won't be able to play much/any today so if any of my clanmates wanna get started on the base just go right ahead!

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

GoGoGadget posted:

Want it in the same spot or what?

I don't mind either way. If you know of a better place go for it, but i do kinda like the excisting place.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Hammerstein posted:

Riddle of Steel goons, our crafting hall is finished, still needs more stations and boxes. I will make more large boxes tonight, let's not clutter it up with small ones.

While building it I created some test buildings, they are easy to recognize, since they are mostly doorframes and stairs. Feel free to tear them down and use the materials.

Posting about your building wonders without posting pictures? Tsk tsk tsk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Wallet posted:

Sure? I didn't take any pictures of the walls because I'm still trying to decide on tower constructions that look nice.

Here are some thrall hovels that serve no actual purpose:

And a blacksmith building:

A Yog temple:

One for Mitra (I posted the Set one earlier in the thread):

A keep/throneroom sort of thing I'm still messing with:

Aerial shot of a big old arena:

And from inside:

Anyone else get the weird bug with torches where they only show their flames if you turn them off and back on again? It resets every time the server does, as well, which is poo poo, unlike the bug where thralls don't have their weapons out, which you can fix permanently but just putting them down near an enemy and picking them back up again.

Congratulations. You just won the game.

• Locked thread