Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Thinking about picking this up. Are the servers region split ? This game only makes sense for me if I can play it with lots of goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Buggery and corrupting the youth....guess I had fun in my pre-banishment life.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Bleh, Official Serer #33 where I practiced my pve baby steps is down since the patch. In case goons start over somewhere else I might join the pvp madness.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

I'm seriously considering to rent my own server for this. But the data corruption bug that has killed off Official Server #33 (where I play) for over 21 hours, might as well ruin that too. And who is gonna fix it then ? Guess the host company would just recommend a wipe in such a case.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

I guess if you could lead your fighter thralls around on the map, the solo part would be fun. Currently you definitely need more people to do stuff like dragons and certain boss monsters.

Also building a huge Fortress of Doom into a mountainside requires a lot of effort and is simply more fun with other players.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Harminoff posted:

You can just change server settings so you level really fast and collect 10x resources and then it's pretty effortless.

I tried that in single player, but I miss the Ozymandias effect when there are no other players who gawk at my great works.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Their official server host finally croaked....

quote:

Unfortunately, due to the overwhelming demand for servers and our needs for administrating them, our official partner has been unable to deliver the level of quality and service we require. Because of this we have mutually agreed to end the partnership. We are in the process of finding new partners with the ideal hardware we can move the existing game databases to. However, due to the high demand for Conan Exiles servers, many hosting companies are simply out of the hardware that we need and as such this process might take a few days.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/440900/announcements/detail/579112419050367067

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

I don't quite get how the data corruption bug that killed the official servers, was Pingperfect's fault and not their own code ? :confused:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

There are only inofficial servers for now where pubbie admins can play god, even if you set your shlong to maximum size.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Last 24 hours were quite a letdown with all the bugs and server outages. Which is kinda sad since the game is fun when it works.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

I guess it's the same Funcom as ever.

They had games which looked good and usually had great atmosphere, like The Secret World and AoC, but Funcom always seemed very brittle on the technical side and that's a point which obviously has not changed.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

If I paid for an EU server, would there be enough EU goons interesting in joining ?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

grimcreaper posted:

Dont trust goons. They are a blight upon gaming culture. They dont respect safe spaces as is evident by the constant barrage of goon tea bag pictures all over the place.

I'm with this forum long enough to know that playing with goons will be an endless result of letdowns. On the positive side it means that nothing is expected from me in return.

Besides: do any of you have customer experience with Hosts Havoc, Survival Servers or Gameservers.com ??

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Definitely gonna wait in that case.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

According to Discord chat that custom Linux server died in a glorious fire because Funcom's code is a Windows thing. But they are supposedly still trying to get it to work....

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Feb 5, 2017

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

4 days usually means that the autism train has already locked down the best spots. I would rather start somewhere fresh.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

My sperg-autism demands it's gaming fix, especially since I have a long weekend. I'm also an impatient, big babbie-man.....which is why I just ordered a 70 slot server with Survivalgaming.com, location is somewhere in Germany, hopefully not Nuremberg :godwinning: It's pre-paid for the next 3 months, so goons won't suddenly be homeless past February.

Although I work for an ISP I'm horribly incompetent, looks like the server is currently busy setting up, after that I will do a brief check if poo poo works and then post the info. Maybe let's do a 1 day headstart for goons and then register the server and post on Steam so we get more pubbies to play with sacrifice to our god.

Religious roleplay will be enforced: "Excuse Me Sir, Do You Have a Moment to Talk About Set the Savior ?".

I want to leave it at vanilla settings mostly, yes that means people must work for their food, since games are serious and important business. Maybe adjust the day night cycle a bit.

Rules are simple: don't be a goonfucker, don't do anything that might break the server (like certain crash bugs). If we build a goon city, that's great, but you're equally welcome to do your own thing and build a hut in bat-country to live like a social recluse. Something like a huge walled castle would be nice too, where everyone can build his own house and shop. It's certainly more appealing than the 6 beds in one room buildings I have seen so far. Goons need their personal space to watch anime in private.

No planned wipes for now, unless things break badly. If you can come up with a creative server name, I'm open for suggestions.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 5, 2017

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Well gently caress, shouldn't have taken the cheapest host, despite their good ratings.

Survivalservers has some weird issue where Conan servers get stuck on loading and never go online, several other users have this issue and their support queue is growing.

Thinking about a refund already.... :saddowns:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Actually it just went online and I'm logged in, just changing passwords and stuff.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

BabyFur Denny posted:

Yours is an EU server right? Count me in

Yes, just changed some final settings, lets hope it comes online again.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

It still says Loading, but it let me in.

Give it a spin using Steam servers and please report if it works for you:

89.163.204.50:38816

Name is [EU] The riddle of Steel

I wouldn't come up with something witty, so let's see if a Conan reverence attracts pubbies....

Restart time is set to 24 hours, we will see if this needs to be lower in future.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 5, 2017

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Bronan crew on Riddle of Steel, please enter your skills and crafts when you get the time. Anyone should be able to edit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YnPuPer4cKnG_O152eWlxdLBOOuUF1SXGGWE-29JWmo/edit#gid=0

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Riddle of Steel server - might have bad news...

Several people on Steam are reporting the last patch wiped their server. Looks like we are also affected.(no biggie I can set xp and resources to 5x for 1-2 hrs and we catch up again)

Edit: forget what I wrote - seems I get routed to a false server since the patch....what the....

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 5, 2017

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Rebooted my machine and its all good now. Riddle of Steel is updated and running again.

We have spiders in the base and I just died, also once you log in you must bind to a bed again, I just got kicked back to the newbie spawn.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Something is borked for me. When I try to connect to our server, I instead land on some other server in Denmark.

I managed to get in only once, then died and promptly crashed. Restarted and got the invalid version error, despite server and client being updated and then crashed again.

Edit:

Just tried it per VPN in case there is some routing error and now I'm ending up on a Swedish server. Ofaloaf and Martou, pls accept my Steam friend requests, I want to try to join directly on you.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 5, 2017

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Did a DNS-Flush and tried several VPNs, always ending up on the wrong server.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Looks like my server just croaked too.

I'm gonna try another verify and restart, but after that I want to watch the Superbowl.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Martout posted:

Had the same issue, what did work was starting up the client, alt-tabbing out and then connecting to the server from the steam server list

All our stuff is still there!

Server just went down though, but I guess that might have been you?

Just hit the button this second, but it wasn't responding any more since a few minutes in the admin panel.

Did you DC just now or a few mins ago ?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Looks like the server croaked by itself then. Verification and reboot process is running atm. Guess we didn't lose anything since our server is fresh and the database still ok.

We will have so much religious conflicts when Set demands that the church of Yog no longer performs tentacle rites.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Martout posted:

Had the same issue, what did work was starting up the client, alt-tabbing out and then connecting to the server from the steam server list

All our stuff is still there!

Server just went down though, but I guess that might have been you?

Ok it's back up. Lagging like poo poo though, this patch :psyduck:

Still have that weird issue when connecting, please use Martouts workaround in the meantime.

If it crashes again, then please give me some time to get in touch with the admins at Survivalservers...plus it's also possible that the patch broke more stuff than it fixed.

Edit: Nevermind, it just crashed again...working on it...

Guess they are aware about the routing error. Taken from Steam forums:

quote:

nophex [developer]
Do you have this issue when attempting to connect from the in game server browser? We are looking into an issue now where if you join via the steam server browser it can cause you to connect to the wrong server.

P.S.:

Issue is confirmed by the devs, server is also back up for now. I'm off for a bit to watch millionaires chase a ball.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 6, 2017

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Dr. Funcomstein promised that the Linux/Windows abomination would live :zombie:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Gotta love big sunday patches that break more stuff than they fix.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Survivalservers has some weird issue atm and customers can't log into the CP. EU goon server seems to be up though.

Also: those sandstorms :stare:

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Feb 6, 2017

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Survivalservers are getting their issues under control, thing is up and running fine again and a few goons are online, getting eaten by the spiders which took over our base.

[EU] The Riddle of Steel - Pvp (70 slots)

89.163.204.50:38815

Use Steam servers to connect, we are among the many not showing up in the in-game server brower for now.

I will also try not to throw temper tantrums when someone kicks over our sandcastle hobo town.

I also love the sky ladder you built, I hope nothing baaad happens to it.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 6, 2017

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

quote:

Please restart your clients and Community Servers to make sure they receive the latest update to the game.

Changelog:
Fix for placeables disappearing on server restart
Fix for connecting to servers from the Steam server list

Let's hope this works, we had the Steam server bug since the last patch.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Set the Savior only accepts virgins as sacrifice. Luckily there is no short supply among goons.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Survivalservers.com is a garbage host and I hope they stub their big toe on a bed post every morning for the rest of the week.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

To the Riddle of Steel goons. I'm in contact with Survivalservers.com, supposedly they are fixing it.

https://twitter.com/SurvivalServers

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Oh my :smithcloud:

Also someone please tell me what culture SA currently has, I registered 12 years ago and feel old and confused :corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

I'm a loving idiot....

I trusted the review on Comparegamehosting.com, but now I looked up other sites and it seems Survivalservers.com is one of the worst solutions you can opt for.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 6, 2017

• Locked thread