Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

I don't understand why there are so many "goon" servers. Kimsemus' is the official goon server though, right?

Also, for server admins (unconfirmed):

quote:

If you are the server owner or admin, there is an option in your serversettings.ini for aggro range.. It appears to be default at 9000 cm APX 300 FT.. If you reduce this to 1000 cm apx 30 ft, you will notice if you are near dungeons, you will get less lag. Adjust accordingly on your sever for best performance.
We build near a dungeon on our server and the lag around that area was terrible. We assumed it was the npc aggro from the dungeon or the coding on the corruption.
Hope this helps! Happy travels!

GoGoGadget fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Feb 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Popete posted:

For the love of Crom please fix mattress and respawning. Having to remember to bind to a mattress every time you place one or after death rebuilding and binding is really annoying and it's super frustrating when you die and end up back out in the desert even though you know you have a mattress in your base.

Make mattresses permanent and auto-bind when placed.

Pretty sure this is intended. Once you make and bind to an actual bed it's not an issue.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

:yikes:

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

I want the ability to make a giant storage chest.
Like, I can make a forge, a castle and crossbows but I can't make a larger box?

Something where all non-food items don't decay if not outside. No reason why my stack of stones would decay if not exposed to the elements.

You can make a large chest at like level 25 I think. Also, stones don't decay. Pretty sure the only things that decay are food items, right? If I'm wrong, I don't know how I never realized that, and it's really dumb!

winterwerefox posted:

So what do thralls do, besides the guards and archers? Ive caught a forge worker and a black smith, and I'm not seeing anything that they give me as benefit.

Supposedly you need a crafter thrall at a station to craft "flawless" or "exceptional" versions of items.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Hammerstein posted:

Dear Goons,

We are back in the game:

[EU] The Riddle of Steel - PvP

88.99.0.69:27105

70 slot server hosted by Nitrous Networks (picked a server located in Germany) - their reviews were the best. 9.7 out of over 400 reviews, they also got a Steam group and I talked to one of their guys a few days ago (and then still took Survivalservers cause it was cheaper, silly me) https://www.trustpilot.com/review/nitrous-networks.com

The bad part: they are more expensive.

The good part: This thing was up and running within minutes, updates properly with a progress bar over the Steam console, reboots within seconds and seems to be in an entirely different league - quality wise - than Survivalservers. With tons of bells and whistles like a proper resource monitor. Their client area is more complicated and console based than Survivalservers, but it feels like stepping onto the Enterprise after trucking around in a garbage can before.

The server name now also shows up not only under Steam servers but also in the in-game server browser.

Let me know how your ping and performance is. From here (Vienna) I'm connecting to their German location with about 50ms. The German servers are located in Falkenstein and at first I was like "Ugh, middle of nowhere" while I would have preferred a large financial center like Frankfurt, but it looks like they are hosting in a huge data center which was built there recently, so we should be fine.

I imported the old database and my character is still there - so you should be ok. Question is: would you prefer a fresh start or do we put more effort into Hobo Town (I think spiders live there now). I can set the server to something like 3x for a few hours and we would be at the same progress stage easily.

You are free to dick around with whatever floats your boat, in case goons want to get organized we got this super-professional spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YnPuPer4cKnG_O152eWlxdLBOOuUF1SXGGWE-29JWmo/edit#gid=0

I'm probably going to roll up on this server when I get home from work. Can't guarantee I'll stay once Kim's server is fully operational but right now it's always down while I'm home so....

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

I found a choice spot on the goon server wedged between two hostile camps but far enough away that they don't aggro my closest structure.

No one will say if we are building a main encampment so I'm doing my own thing for now.

Be careful you aren't so close as to stop their spawns

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

As far as I know only a few goons decided to stop playing on Kimsemus's server and those were all new dudes. Everyone else is still playing there and as far as I know intend to stay. We just aren't all joining up into one mega guild. Some babies got real upset about some structure being destroyed like they forgot this was a pvp game.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Sapphira posted:

EU server would probably be good for those of us of that persuasion! Maybe with like a [Chill Server] or something tag next to it.

PROTIP: If you die in a shallow river so your corpse is just underneath the surface of the water you won't be able to loot it. Great thing to discover at 7 am :c

There already I'd one. Hammerstein is hosting the EU server. We certainly don't need even more goon servers to splinter the population...we already have like what, 5?

Anyway plenty of EU players play on Kimsemus's US server without too much trouble.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Demiurge4 posted:

Our base is legit awful, it's true. I haven't spent my points on triangles or rounded corners :(

They really need to just give you all the building parts in one recipe per tier. It's kind of dumb that you have to spend so many points and wait so long to make a base that doesn't look like poo poo

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Demiurge4 posted:

Server was reset because Funcom. Leaving or joining a clan would crash the server and resetting was the only fix.

Wait, for real? Noooooooo

Picer posted:

Yeah, sorry about that. I for one blame Kweg. I won't be able to play much/any today so if any of my clanmates wanna get started on the base just go right ahead!

Want it in the same spot or what?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Popete posted:

The official servers are a crap shoot. The PvP servers are constantly full and you have to queue via steam browser to get in. There are plenty of people who have been on for 8+ hours clearly afk to save their spot.

Then there is the problem of land grabbing. People are laying down single foundation blocks all over the map to claim territory. It took me almost 2 hours of wandering to finally find a decent spot to setup base.

This, along with 1x rates, is why I won't play on an official server. ARK had this very same problem and, to my knowledge, it was never solved. This game is especially susceptible to it seeing as human NPC spawns are static and can be blocked by a simple bedroll.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Popete posted:

What a total mess the official servers are. Tried most of the day on/off to get back into the server I started a base on, constantly full.

I decided to just start fresh on a new server cause I was wasting so much time trying to log in. Almost the entire map is claimed by single block ownership at this point. Any halfway decent location has been "claimed" by people just spewing foundations all over the map in a land grab.

Don't know why anyone would want to play on officials because of that. But then again I don't understand why we have so many different goon servers when we could all be playing on one...

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

why would you want a 70 max person server to have ~30 players on at all times that you cant attack and loot

You mean AFK people on official or all goons on one? Because goons can and do attack each other. We're not all in the same clan, not on TT's server anyway.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Commoners posted:

I'd say it feels closest to ARK without dinosaurs and no good ranged weapons (which is good imo.) It also has some pretty big load times and rendering issues. It's fun, but the technical issues are pretty severe right now in my opinion.

Load times are only bad on HDDs. SSDs load into a server in under a minute or maybe even under 30 seconds. Loading the base you're in can take another 10-20 though.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

lilspooky posted:

So the avatars look pretty stupid and seem overpowered. Have the mentioned what the point of picking Crom will be?

There is no point. It does absolutely nothing for you.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Hammerstein posted:

I thought I had it figured out, but I didn't. Care to share the secret ?

Also, how are you getting your fences so high? You can only put one fence on a fence foundation, but that looks to be at least two high.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

They must have learned how to build while playing Rust.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Givin posted:

Really enjoying some of the Twitch RP server streams for this. Looking forward to seeing if they can add in the level of content ARK has since its release.

Those Twitch servers seem even laggier than the laggiest server I've played on, if Maxmoefoegames videos are anything to go by.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Gay Horney posted:

I'm still getting heavy freezing and stuttering on a regular basis. I have a 3.5ghz 4 core Intel processor and a 1060. Temps are running okay, I've tried capping the fps and turning the graphics both to their lowest setting and it makes no difference. Any tips?

Do you have a HDD? If so, that's it. I have the same setup but a SSD and no problems at all. I've read a lot of people with HDDs have issues with stuttering.

Don't know why people say the game isn't optimized well. It plays flawlessly for me in single player. Already far more optimized than ARK has ever been.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

This patch is AMAZING and fixes almost everything I've heard complained about on a daily basis. Holy balls.

Ruggan posted:

Placeable things not blocking spawns as easily is cool I guess, except I worry that it'll just be "build two foundations" instead. They should just turn off spawn blocking altogether except for the object/structure locations themselves, esp since NPC camps are now reserved. Could still preserve the build blocking radius.

Nah, if they did that you could just build a tower onto someone's base. Which I guess wouldn't be that bad, but still...

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

flick3r posted:

can't wait to craft this. not like armor does anything anyway.

You'll be waiting a while! It's just an NPC outfit right now.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Raged posted:

Ok, dumb question how do I remove my loin cloth to experience the game as Yog intended?

You have nudity turned off in your settings.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

lilspooky posted:

So I guess all the goons moved to official servers? Something Dongful is actually Something Desolate. :(

I quit just because no one else played so it was all pointless. I'm playing on a random UK server now since I couldn't play on the officials with goons even if I wanted to apparently because of region locked servers. Which is a great idea, by the way. Does it help with overall ping at all?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

lilspooky posted:

Ok so the Miami server is a bust. Only like 3 people online and the 1x gather / xp rate is pretty atrocious and glacial. My search continues.....

Don't use the ingame browser. Use the steam server browser.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

what stats are worth leveling? so far i've just been sinking everything into carry weight and stamina

It used to be that Grit, Encumberance and Vitality were the only ones. But I'd say there's some merit to a bit of Strength and Agility. I'd say 15 Strength, 10 Agility, 30 Vit, the rest in Grit and Encumberance. Of course, level Strength last as it is percentage based. Grit is less important than it seems, as it does not increase your stamina recovery rate, merely the maximum stamina. So it only helps you at the beginning of a fight, then it's completely wasted.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

VulgarandStupid posted:

It does strike me as funny that the original plan for the goon server was have a two day locked server head start to level up and build up so the goon superiority against pubbies could never be challenged. And then the admins' clan locked their discord channel so other goons couldn't chat with them, constantly raided the other goon clans base at 6 AM for a few days and then wondered why no one wanted to play with them.

To add to this, I don't know how wide-spread it was, but I imagine part of the reason they had the Discord channel locked was because of abuse. One time I was pulled into the channel TT (the server owner) was asking other BMW members where they were so he could teleport to them for a raid.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

The Discord channels are locked based on server roles. The simple reason, like any survival game, was to delineate different groups which is why the conan groups had 5-6 roles added for different groups on the server. This was done pretty much as soon as different goon groups emerged. It's a farce to think that somehow there was only BMW in one base and all the goons in another. We had to add a bunch of channels and roles for different groups of goons on day one.

Besides that, to address your poor attempt at poo poo stirring, there is no command for an admin to teleport to another player in the game, and no rcon. Further, admin accounts have to be manually logged in separately when you are on the server and it sends a server wide notification every time a command is used. If you were being factual and fair you would know this because when I had to delete bases that were stopping NPC spawns at the request of players constantly, I had to have them draw me a general marker on a map and I had to walk there. The alleged workarounds by manually teleporting to XYZ coordinates don't work either, so yeah.

I mean don't take my word for it -- feel free to look up the command limitations yourself: ( http://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Admin_Commands ). But don't make yourself look like an rear end in a top hat by blatantly lying about something because you feel like bandwagoning.

PS: The original goon base in the 2 day headstart wasn't raided by BMW, it was raided by Orv, who is just a regular goon. One person. BMW didn't begin raiding at all until about a week in. Orv was really vocal and open about that to Duster and others so I don't know how it got confused that BMW did anything to anyone. :shrug:

Like I said - I don't know if anything actually happened but I know for a FACT he said that and everyone else ignored him awkwardly. Edd heard it as well and commented on it in PMs.

Taylor Swift posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=858035949

It's not as easy as it sounds.

e; also lmbo its Luigi Claims BMW is Admin Abusing 2: Electric Boogaloo

Without a doubt, 100%, BMW admin abused on the Rust server. You were proven wrong about this, remember? So I'm at least 50% right.

GoGoGadget fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 1, 2017

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Taylor Swift posted:

Ok lmbo got some Alternate Facts ITT

As I "remember" it you made some vague accusations with 0 evidence (sound familiar?) just to stir the poo poo then strutted around like you'd won some battle when the server died after a week of the asspained former owners ddosing us.

I never strutted or even said anything...I wasn't playing with you all when the server died.

And I did have proof...the admins that were abusing admitting it themselves. Measly admitted he spawned in resources for the huge base, and Cynthia admitted she was farming while invisible. Other times admins were using admin abilities to see where players were when not doing admin poo poo. So uh, who is making poo poo up here?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Taylor Swift posted:

Because it never happened and he just likes stirring the poo poo :ssh:

e; Cynthia flew around once and Luigi saw. She didnt know she wasnt supposed to because shes from Europe. Luigi proceeded to throw a giant pissfit. The End.

How is Measly admitting to everyone he spawned in resources not proof? I wasn't even the one that brought up that abuse was going on. Someone else did when a giant base appeared out of nowhere. I just backed them up when it was stated because I had seen it first-hand. You jumped down their throats for daring to claim you didn't have complete and utter control of your server because you have some sort of complex. And even though those admins admitted to what they did you STILL can't live it down, apparently.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

Luigi (GoGoGadget) would just lose and complain about admin abuse.

Again. :smuggo:

Dude, really? I never lost poo poo because of admin abuse on either the Rust server or your server. It was during the joint raid on the Acolytes of Ben guys that TT was asking where we all were so he could teleport to us. I would have benefited from him abusing. Get your poo poo straight, friend.

Also who is the nerd that dug through my post history to see I'm AnAngryLuigi? Lmbo

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Taylor Swift posted:

but wheres the proofs?

Wasnt hard to remember youre the only pissbitch that cried about Rust admin abuse.

No, I wasn't. I wasn't even the one to bring it up initially. There were at least 5 people bringing it up in Discord when it first started. Then you started throwing a fit and claimed you checked the logs and no one spawned in anything even though Measly admitted it. And no...I'm not going back months in Discord to find your "proof" because I know you know I'm right but you have this need to keep up appearances. I couldn't give a poo poo. Don't know why you got involved in this at all, seeing as how you weren't even on when this raid in Conan happened. Why bring in Rust poo poo here? You already poo poo up that thread (and even got it closed when you doxxed literal children!)

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

The Discord channels are locked based on server roles. The simple reason, like any survival game, was to delineate different groups which is why the conan groups had 5-6 roles added for different groups on the server. This was done pretty much as soon as different goon groups emerged. It's a farce to think that somehow there was only BMW in one base and all the goons in another. We had to add a bunch of channels and roles for different groups of goons on day one.

Besides that, to address your poor attempt at poo poo stirring, there is no command for an admin to teleport to another player in the game, and no rcon. Further, admin accounts have to be manually logged in separately when you are on the server and it sends a server wide notification every time a command is used. If you were being factual and fair you would know this because when I had to delete bases that were stopping NPC spawns at the request of players constantly, I had to have them draw me a general marker on a map and I had to walk there. The alleged workarounds by manually teleporting to XYZ coordinates don't work either, so yeah.

I mean don't take my word for it -- feel free to look up the command limitations yourself: ( http://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Admin_Commands ). But don't make yourself look like an rear end in a top hat by blatantly lying about something because you feel like bandwagoning.

I was phone posting earlier so I didn't address this as much as I should. One, admins can teleport to coordinates. You did it for me when I was telling you about a foundation blocking an NPC camp and gave you the coordinates from ToggleDebugHUD. Two, it is well known that admin commands in Conan Exiles do not give a server message - it's often complained about, too! That is a flat-out lie. I don't see why, believing yourself to be in the right here, you have to make poo poo up that is easily seen as wrong.

code:
"The first way is to have the player get their coordinates by holding Ctrl-Alt-Shift-L, have them copy the coordinates/command, then paste it in chat. You put the coordinates/command into the console and you will be teleported to them.
But what if you can't get the coordinates from them? Not every player will be eager to have an admin check out what they're doing.
The second way to teleport to a player is to open the console and type "ViewPlayer PlayersName", Then in console type "Teleport", Next you'll type "ViewPlayer YourOwnName".
It's the only solution I've found that lets you teleport to a player without their direct cooperation.
Let me know if you have any questions, or know any other ways to teleport to players.
And if you're not a server admin but looking for a good server to play on try searching for Keangdom in the server browser. We'd love some more people to play with.
EDIT: We've noticed the second method only seems to work if Steam names are used. If their in-game name is different than their Steam name, you still need to use their Steam name to teleport to them. I'm not sure what the best way to find their Steam name is.
EDIT 2: You can get a players Steam username by typing in the console "PrintPlayerInfo PlayersInGameName" *Note: Make sure you push ~ twice to open the full console, otherwise you won't see the results.
EDIT 3: Instead of typing "ViewPlayer YourOwnName" you can type "ViewSelf""

Taylor Swift posted:

Cool so it doesnt exist just like the Conan drama doesnt exist. tia

Things that didn't happen, unless you mean the griefing thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759980&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6

Yes, you didn't get the Rust thread closed for doxxing, you're right. I misremembered it all along! And then an admin didn't question you about it in the BMW thread afterward! How silly of me! Hm, it's almost as if everything that comes out of your mouth is a lie....

GoGoGadget fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 1, 2017

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

Spoken like someone who has never had to use the admin panel. And TT didn't actually teleport to us or get teleported either, how weird is that? :v:

Also your feigned outrage sure didn't stop you from actively participating in our raid and helping us blow into your neighbors base so you could take all their poo poo did it? :smuggo:

I know he didn't, that's why I didn't say anything. I merely stated that this implied he had no qualms about abusing. Then you and Taylor flipped out. Hell, I even defended you when the dudes we raided accused you of admin abusing - because I knew you weren't.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Taylor Swift posted:

Proofs? I don't recall this lock? I remember FAU being dumb, but not the lock.

You sure love being deliberately obtuse, don't you?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3670456&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=82

"wanted posters" referred to in the screenshot were the real life pictures you and other BMW members posted on the walls of your base in-game, which got you banned from a server and got the Rust thread shut down for a while. There is your proof. How will you deny it next, Mr. Trump?

Kimsemus posted:

Oh neat, so given the one opportunity you were privvy to the potential for admin abuse you took note that none occurred, and yet you gaslit the thread anyway with your commentary that that was likely why we were always in a locked channel.

You're an idiot.

IMO the only reason this thread shouldn't be gassed is because it's easier and more fun to grief you than anyone in game atm :v:

None occurred because everyone ignored him because it was awkward for the OWNER of the server to be asking for coordinates so he could abuse. Him asking is enough proof to me that he did other things. And I'm not being griefed at all...I've been pointing out you and Taylor's lies constantly...so...how am I being griefed?

GoGoGadget fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 1, 2017

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Jackard posted:

So the zerg for this game imploded in less than a month?

:wow:

The game has lost I think 20% of its population from launch but still has a healthy player base. The first major patch will most likely see a large return. They have already made back their development cost and then some. But yeah, there isn't much to do in the game right now.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Those server settings changes are pretty dope. I wonder what the avatar restriction is though? They already allowed you to turn them off. Is it just the times you can use them like the PVP timers?

Also taking a break from this game until more stuff is added. Rust has had a poo poo ton of stuff come down the pipe since Conan launched, so gotta check that out...

Inkel posted:

On another note, some of the old-school Ark goons may get a kick out of this

That girl is a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a frenzied killing machine.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

They just need to say wipes are going to happen every month like Rust

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Slashrat posted:

Just got the game and it seems to work relatively decently for the time I spent in singleplayer getting the hang of things.

A couple of questions:

1) I'm getting a lot of sound stuttering once I get out of the starter desert, but framerate seems to stay decent. Is there any away to eliminate or reduce the stuttering?

2) Is archery a feasible way of hunting beasts and bandits while alone or am I setting myself up to be frustrated if I go in expecting to be able to mostly stay out of melee fighting?

3) Is upgrading to heavier armor a no-brainer choice with no down-sides, or are there advantages to staying lightly armored, besides looking like a rad barbarian?

Do you have a HDD or SSD?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Just got the game, where do I go? Is the first post still relevant?

Nah, I don't think many people are playing this anymore. Died out kinda fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Popete posted:

I feel like the biggest issue they need to grapple is land ownership. As it stands any semi organized group rushes a server dropping single tiles all over the map which prevents anyone from building. It's a huge road block if you're joining late or playing solo cause the only places left to setup camp are poo poo holes with no resources nearby and you'll probably end up getting endlessly raided.

ARK had this same exact issue. Not sure if they ever solved it.

• Locked thread