Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Sheep-Goats posted:

He was being a world class rear end in a top hat to these Mexican people I saw a few times a week because I usually ate in their place after bartending, and they were sitting there just miserably kind of taking it and I got a little peeved about it.

Out of curiosity, were you rewarded or banned for your chivalry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

barbecue at the folks posted:

There was an article on the paper today on how China casually uses colistin to treat livestock in massive amounts, ruining the only really effective antibiotic left for the whole planet.

Could we just not tell them the next time we develop one?

...Why did we tell them this time?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Blistex posted:

I'm going to try and get my wife to convince her that there are new regulations about flying with pills, etc. And that she won't be able to bring any.

TCM doesn't work in Canada because maple trees interfere with Qi.

Congrats on the new job. :toot:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I feel as though this is shameful, but I'm not sure who for.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I understand they're just toeing the party line, but didn't the Dalai Lama in fact have slaves and serfs and punishments involving the gouging out of eyes?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Atlas Hugged posted:

In Thailand they just drew a lightning bolt.

Are yer a Wizard? Orphan perhaps?

LimburgLimbo posted:

In Japan they don't write names but some of the girls at the one near my office draw cute characters on the sleeve because I'm a regular

We need more :3: here. Make America :3: Again!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

oohhboy posted:

Day X7 Year 2XXX The face loss strikes back

Brought a bunch of Hong Kong Tourist T-shirts @ 5 for $100 NZD in Mong Kok which is steal in NZ and quite frankly bargaining on this would have been absurd. Would have brought another set had I had more people to give them to. Hmm, might get more anyway as they make great gifts.

Isn't that absurdly expensive? NZD and USD aren't that far apart, and you can get souvenir t-shirts 3 for $10 in San Francisco.

I have recently fallen in love with Taiwanese Snow. Is it very common over there, or still kinds of a novelty?

Hawaiian Shave Ice is still the best Pacific Rim frozen dessert.:3:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I suppose...

I've been through your airports and to the Cook Islands, but nothing there really seemed overpriced at the time, but you're the native, I'm not.:)

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

To my untrained eye, that appears to be the flag of Taiwan, aka Real or Best China.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Haier posted:

60 RMB a bowl and they wanted 20+ for a single naan.

Can I just divide these numbers by 6, rounding down and end up somewhere close to USD?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
A man I met at a social function tried to convince me that China is far ahead of the US in their space program.

He also said that by the end of the year we could launch to Mars. From the Moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Coolguye posted:

also mengol calls u sir even when asking for sex when sounds hot but is kinda weird when it happens irl

?

• Locked thread