Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

KomodoWagon posted:

That's pretty rich coming from a guy who says "LOL" in real life

You don't? WTF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
"China has 5000 years of history!"
"Ok, show me some of that history."
"We broke it all or burned it. Believe me, though."

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Whoa. Family Guy's animation got weird looking. Too much detail.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
If the mods were smart, they would rename these threads to "Ethnocentric Chat Thread: China Edition."

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
OH gently caress, THEY ARE MULTIPLYING

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Koramei posted:

it's probably an all of the above situation.

e: makeup surgery lenses and then one of those dumb filters to go with it at the end

i guess i'm too used to koreans if that picture is unremarkable to me

Koreans love plastic surgery. I don't really see it here except the straight tiny nose. This chick's fake lips, shaved jawline, and big fake eyes are pretty gross, IMO.

Edit:

Haier fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 28, 2016

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
https://i.imgur.com/u1TXAgI.gifv

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

The Great Autismo! posted:

around 3pm our HR girl says "the moving company has ran away, they will not move us today, you can have tomorrow off, everyone can have tomorrow off", I say "what, the moving company ran away?" and she says "yeah, they said it was too much work".
This is the Chinese Century of making up for our past humiliations. Please be respectful.
That was a good story. Judging by the speed of these kind of workers, I think you'll the next 2-3+ weeks off work. LMAO that that girl thought you'll go in to work tomorrow.

Ceciltron posted:

Hory poo poo

exmachina posted:

I expected a "fin" at the end of that clip. I could probably write a high school essay on that short film
It was from a TV commercial. The guy who played the thief got into some trouble IRL because people posted it online (like here) without the advertisement at the end and they didn't know it was fake.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Plz sir, take this Trump propaganda back to DnD. This is a non-political thread.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
http://i.imgur.com/VbJ1V7U.gifv

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

nerdz posted:

The basket of Rene Changs

Can we start a "LAOWAIS FOR XI DADA" group too? The problem is the Chinese wouldn't see us the way we see Chinese Trumpers.

:laffo: This poor bastard.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Starting at about 07:30 yesterday morning, my landlord decided that a team of men should jackhammer, saw, and pound down the walls on every floor to put in a new, very unneeded elevator. They are using some heavy duty tools and sledgehammers and the whole place shakes until about 17:00 when they go home. It could be a month of this poo poo. FML.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
China goons: How are you spending the national holiday week of China getting owned by foreign invaders for thousands of years?
I will be hoping for an exodus of home-town-goers and maybe I can find a nice quiet area to take a walk. I doubt it, though. Last year was insane everywhere and using the Metro was like a simulation of being a brightly colored plastic ball in a fast food playground ball pit.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Grand Fromage posted:

I deal with it by loving with them. It's not just a China thing, they also treat you like that in Korea. The idea that someone of another race is capable of literally anything is mind-blowing. I've had people argue with me that as a foreigner there is no possible way for me to make kimchi while they are eating the kimchi I made and brought in for feedback. I have heard similar stories from Japan but haven't lived there so I can't verify.

Foreigners don't know how to cook and have no food culture of their own. They have also never seen any of these wacky vegetables that are in China. Foreigners can only buy food outside. Do you know?
The same people that believe this are the same people that can't boil water without starting a fire, and eat outside seven nights a week.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
National Week Holiday Update:

Me to everyone I know in Shenzhen: "What are you doing during your holiday?"
More than half of the people I know in Shenzhen: "Saturday going to Hong Kong."
Me: "Why would you do that? That's what most of the city will be doing, and many people from neighboring provinces. It will be crowded as gently caress. Why not just go on a normal Saturday when it's not a holiday?"
Them: "Holiday is a good time for travel."

I know Saturday night I am going to hear so many complaints.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Whenever you talk to the Chinese about the famine and all of the problems Mao and his group caused you get these typical answers:

"He was human. Humans make mistakes. Let's not think of bad history. We can move forward. Also, gently caress the Japanese forever for what they did to us! They should all die!"

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Grand Fromage posted:

Game/dating shows copied from South Korea/Japan.
I enjoy the adoption of the Japanese "EhhhhhHHHHHHHH???" that Chinese on Japanese-copied game and talk shows now do. It's so blatant that you would think it would be unharmonious.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jun/13/air-pollution-linked-to-increased-mental-illness-in-children

quote:

A major new study has linked air pollution to increased mental illness in children, even at low levels of pollution.

The new research found that relatively small increases in air pollution were associated with a significant increase in treated psychiatric problems. It is the first study to establish the link but is consistent with a growing body of evidence that air pollution can affect mental and cognitive health and that children are particularly vulnerable to poor air quality.
“The results can mean that a lower concentration of air pollution, first and foremost from traffic, may reduce psychiatric disorders in children and adolescents,” said Anna Oudin, at Umeĺ University, who led the study. “I would be worried myself if I lived in an area with high air pollution.”

Little Emperors rejoice. Also, LOL at those dumbos that want to raise their hybrids in China thinking that's what they need to do for the kid to keep speaking Chinese.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
So most of the people I know thought that a national holiday was the best time to go to all of the tourist spots that are normally packed.

It's like these people are hardwired to suffer on purpose.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

The Great Autismo! posted:

on the holiday, its fun to travel. you can travel on the holiday. if you travel at that time, you feel the fun life, because you can enjoy travel on the holiday, it is fun. so have fun on the holiday with travel.

thanks to a forums user for the avatar, and also the inspiration for the post

I like yours better than the one someone gave me. I feel like I channel the guy in my avatar every time I post.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
https://gfycat.com/SizzlingDishonestChimneyswift

It isn't a China thread without someone taking a dump in public. Sorry it's not an imgur direct gifv.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I saw this last night on Wechat while using People Nearby. Someone get this girl an account.

The holidays are great. I get chat requests every time I turn on People Nearby or open TanTan as thousands of people bored at home are deciding to try these things for the first time. Some chick literally across the street added me last night and I was like "I am talking to several foreigners right now and I want to try a foreign dick for the first time because I heard they are long and big. Do you want to be the one? Or should I choose another?" I passed, but LOL at that being an ice breaker.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I've been thinking for a long time to just start lying about every drat thing in my life. In a culture where lying about everything every single day, or Face, is the standard thing and nobody questions it, then I think having Super Face would really let you win at life in China.

quote:

When I first met this guy (who calls himself Doctor Jason) he was surrounded by lots of fresh to China faces (if only I could use some sort of shorthand to describe them) and they had nicknamed him “Captain America” for his many talents.

He was apparently a qualified doctor who had worked as a surgeon
He was also a qualified pilot, and was flying short-haul for Shenzhen airlines for a bit of extra money at the weekends
Apparently he had also been a fire-fighter in the US, and then worked in the military

Everybody else was lapping all these tales up, and I seemed to be the only one who was skeptical of his stories: why, if he had this plethora of qualifications and experience, was he an English teacher in Shenzhen’s worst district then? Why, if he was a qualified pilot, was he not working full-time as, you know, a pilot?

Every time I bumped into him he seemed to tell me more lies; he was now a consulting surgeon for Hong Kong University hospital at the weekend…. Or he’d been put in charge of training Shenzhen airline pilots on American security measures.

But apparently spouting all this bullshit has really got him somewhere because the Chinese seemed to believe his lies. He used to walk around in a doctor’s coat and would always carry a stethoscope with him. His wechat profile photo was a picture of him dressed as a surgeon. He convinced his high school to allow him to teach all the students in the school CPR. And now he is being employed by Bao’An Education Bureau as their foreign education consultant (this is actually true)… and claims to have met high level government figures, including Xi Jinping.

So now after one year in China crammed with about 10 years of bullshit, he is now in charge of about 30-40 foreign teachers in Shenzhen, including a friend of mine.

I was asking him what it was like to work with him and my friend tells me he’s actually quite interesting.
“Did you know he:
Was in the military for fifteen 15 years
Then got injured in Afghanistan
Then had to teach himself to walk again
Then became a qualified doctor through the military
Then worked as a surgeon in Hong Kong
Also before that he ran a business in the states
But then his child sadly passed away”

I asked my friend did he believe all of this. He thought about it for a minute and admitted that, come to think of it, it did all sound a bit ridiculous. This weekend he was at a work barbeque with him and they got chatting one-on-one and he learnt more information such as:

Last year he saved a Canadian’s woman’s life and now he’s getting honoured by Canada
John Kerry personally phoned him to thank him.
He had to interrupt the conversation for a phone call and when he returned he claimed that it was Donald Rumsfeld
Also he has a one in a million disorder which means he doesn’t know how long he’s going to live
Oh, and also, he once disarmed a potential terrorist on a plane.

So much of this is obviously complete rubbish, especially as I’ve seen him post a photo of his “Alma Mater” on Wechat, which was Manila Medical University. However, so many expats who meet him don’t question him on any of this because, up until a point, it seems like it could be credible.

Moreover, it seems that a lot of Chinese people not only believe all of it, but are really impressed with it, which seems to have allowed him to rise quite high professionally in a very short space of time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/China/comments/55g8a2/serious_do_you_know_any_compulsive_liars_in_china/

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

fish and chips and dip posted:

An expert interviewed by Global Times says that the couple suffers from a disease called ‘sexual abuse addiction’ (性虐待成瘾). “’Sexual abuse addiction’ conflicts with China’s social norms.”

As opposed to all of the regular, totally socially approved abuse that people dish out and take every single day in this damaged Mainland society.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
http://www.sciencealert.com/80-of-the-data-in-chinese-clinical-trial-is-fabricated

quote:

80% of data in Chinese clinical trials have been fabricated

A Chinese government investigation has revealed that more than 80 percent of the data used in clinical trials of new pharmaceutical drugs have been "fabricated".

The report uncovered fraudulent behaviour at almost every level, and showed that some pharmaceutical companies had hidden or deleted records of potentially adverse side effects, and tampered with data that didn't meet their desired outcomes.

In light of the findings, 80 percent of current drug applications, which were awaiting approval for mass production, have now been cancelled.

The investigation, led by the Chinese State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA), looked at data from 1,622 clinical trials for new pharmaceutical drugs currently awaiting approval. The applications in question were all for Western medicine, not traditional Chinese medicine.

The SFDA found that the more than 80 percent of the data failed to meet analysis requirements, were incomplete, or totally non-existent.

CHINESE TRADITIONAL MEDICINE IS BETTER. YOU CAN TRUST THE QUALITY. IT REALLY WORKS. NOT LIKE YOUR STUPID WESTERN MEDICINE.

quote:

"It's not just the medicines," he said. "In China, everything is fake, and if there's a profit in pharmaceuticals, then someone's going to fake them too."

http://i.imgur.com/5wqjWKJ.gifv

Haier fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Oct 2, 2016

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

C-SPAN Caller posted:

They were brilliantly painted on finding but the people excavating them literally had no idea how to preserve them :ssh:

I thought it was that the colors faded within one minute of being exposed to oxygen and the few people that saw the colors were like "whoa, p cool."

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Here's some dumb Chinese guys with the wrong flag patriotically smashing iPhone 7s

http://www.meipai.com/media/549266306

Those are totally aluminum copies from Taobao. Everything in this drat country is fake or faked.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I'm calling this China related. NSFW even though it's a painting

http://i.imgur.com/rYbUwUn.jpg

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Hottest Female English Names by way of Wechat and Tantan - Shenzhen Edition:

1. Vivi (Winner by far. More Vivis than any other name.)
2. Angel/Angela/Angle (Very few people spell it correctly. Angle is most common)
3. Yuki (For a country that hates the Japanese, there are tons of Yukis)
4. CoCo (No idea why this is so popular, but this is hot right now)
5. Amy (Because it's easy and was in the first few names on the list they looked at)
6. Something with "baby" because of that plastic Kardashian wannabe Angelababy.

Runner up: Shirley/Shirly

I am curious to see what the male names are, but I am not wasting swipes just to check it out.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Ok, I understand the Coco connection and will avoid them. There's also the popular expensive expat and tuhao mall in Shenzhen called CoCo Park that draws throngs of gagglers who eat at the decent food court and then go home after gawking at blonde Russian women buy jeans.

Vivi still number one by far (in my sight). I see Vivians too, but Vivi is the winner. There's some (I believe) Shenzhen vape company that released a product with Vivi in it. I guess Vivi is really cute right now or some dumb poo poo.

I have an "Eliza" coming tonight. She added me a bit ago and last night out of the blue after 11pm was like "Let me come to your house for sex." I refused because it was so sudden and it hadn't come up yet. She explained more to me about her high-stress sales job and getting into the sunk-cost fallacy that business people tend to do. She even took up being the office translator for every thing, so she's working more than anyone else. 10-12 hour days. No actual life. No friends outside of work. Just go to work and come home and sleep. She wants to save up a ton of money and then move back to her hometown a few years later.
She said she hasn't been laid in a couple years and decided, because of Traditional Chinese Medicine, that it's time to get some dick because it will balance her health (not even making this up). TCM has been the scourge of my conversations in China, but this one I am not fighting.
We had a very business-like discussion about FWB situation and it has been decided that she will come late 1-3 nights per week after work and shower to get her relief, and no butt stuff. No relationship, nothing outside of my room, and continue our normal Wechat talking when she's not here. My rule was that she brings me a big box of chopped fruit every time.

I just really hope she doesn't up in my "LOL crazy person" story pile.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

ladron posted:

you are literally the only person that hopes this

I am cooking a huge amount of beans with chilis for dinner. I guess tonight is my night to be the crazy person. I'm already trying to figure out the fan direction situation to have everything blowing away from my bed but without making the Chinese fan-aversion come into play. I think I can bank it off the wall and dresser and then towards the sofa on the other side of the room.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Imperialist Dog posted:

I'm in a Hong Kong supermarket and I just want a beer, but everyone's getting off work so the line is really long. As in, the express line is looping around the aisles and I'm currently passing through the dairy section. People behind me are lined up into Meats.

I swear we're just doing it to spite mainlanders though.

Are there 40+ registers and only 3 open at the most busiest time? The Mainlanders think this is normal, so they won't be spited.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I'm the rear end in a top hat on some unknown floor in my building doing screaming KTV on his KTV machine at 04:30 in the loving morning.

God drat it.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/JustinVerrier/status/783043454209327104

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Haier posted:

I just really hope she doesn't up in my "LOL crazy person" story pile.
Closure: She was Mongolian and came riding in on her ebike like the hordes of her ancestors did when they rode across the world. It was fine except she thought biting was sexy and she bit my face and my dick. Other than that 10/10, would plunge 100 more times. The fruit box was about 6/10 because it was the end of the day and not as fresh as it could have been. Not her fault. No crazy and nothing weird. She hates Chinese people and wants to get as much money as she can from them and flee back to Mongolia and live the good life. She really wanted to talk about American independence and why, and also WW2 and why the US and UK were friends even though the US fought for independence and hurt the Crown's feelings.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Is there a 10 hour loop of this i can play the next time she comes to bite me?

Edit:

Got one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57dIRXiRx_s

Edit agian;
SLEEP MUSIC. LMAO

Haier fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Oct 4, 2016

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Fojar38 posted:

Also Marco Polo was a really really unreliable author and was frequently full of poo poo
But but.... he makes for good TV!

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORz6cOa-Lfs

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Jimmy Little Balls posted:

he is also really badly crosseyed.
My ex-GF's best friend was a cross-eyed chick. She went to university and was a nice girl, but zero companies would hire her because they thought being cross-eyed meant she was unable to use a computer or do anything at all. There's so many people in China that they can just toss out the "damaged" ones and find one that isn't different. So she found a guy with a decent job that liked her and they got married and he gave her money to start up a little bra, underwear, and necktie shop (lol at the combo) and that's what she did until she got pregnant. Both families were freaking out when they happened and waited with bated breath, hoping the baby wouldn't have Wrong Eyes like the mom. Baby was normal and everyone was happy.

That girl taught me something about Chinese shops. All of her neckties came in a big box from the factory. They were all the same material and they all costed her the same price when buying wholesale bulk. She put the plain ties in 10 RMB rack, the slightly nice designs in the 50 RMB rack, and the fancy looking ones in the 100 RMB rack. After I saw that, I never trusted the sellers that divide up their wares by price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
My Dear Goons,
I can sleep easy tonight knowing I finally found that Sixhead I've been looking for. Fiveheads are too common, and I've been looking for something more to give me the "boost" I've been wanting. I swiped right. Goodnight.

• Locked thread