Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Rich lady buys chaoshan girl's village and he has to manage it while keeping them apart in a comical series of escapades that culminates with them both inviting him to the same fancy dinner party (the food is too oily and he shits himself).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Furious at the entire Chinese nation cause my lazijiding didn't have a single loving Sichuan peppercorn in it.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

We were talking about the Florida bridge collapse in Chinese class, which introduced me to the phrase 豆腐渣工程, or "tofu engineering", which sounds like something that should have popped up in this thread by now.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

MetaJew posted:

Oh I can't imagine how much lesbians would upset the 100 million men who will never have a wife.

The idea is that as soon as you graduate you're supposed to stop lezzing out and make a grandson with some guy whose dad owns a factory.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

1911 is a million times more important to them. What they'd care about more than the war itself would be the Treaty of Versailles trying to grant the former German concession to Japan instead of returning it to China. Protests against that kicked off the May Fourth movement which is still kind of a big deal.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I love 麻辣 and I'm so pissed that Sichuan restaurants keep dicking me over. I am not Chinese so I must have ordered the spicy chicken by mistake and actually wanted the completely flavorless chicken, right?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Chinese opera is cool as hell except for the singing.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Highland culture was basically destroyed and then appropriated by its oppressors tbh. But it's not like getting rid of fat guys in kilts 300 years later is going to undo the clearances and put Bonnie Prince Charlie on the throne so do whatever.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

UltraRed posted:

She's 18. Also, despite being almost 20 years her senior, I would have sex with her because she is hot and looks great in that dress. I'd then wipe my dick on her prom date's pillow.

Anyone who discourages hot chicks from wearing a cheongsam should be shot.

Also -boy PM'd me a pic of the 5 piece suit, but I don't want to derail the China thread any further.

Extremely hosed up troll.

Don't joke about the suit.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Relin posted:

i havent looked into it that deeply but why do SKers seem to have a bizarrely positive view of NK? or more positive than it should be

Because they're Korean.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

EasternBronze posted:

Like most of the things China is upset about, I doubt the average American even knows this ever happened.

It was a big deal in the news at the time.

There's a conspiracy theories that it wasn't an accident but was done on purpose because the Serbs had given the embassy secret stealth fighter parts from the F-117 they shot down.

(It's usually safer to assume incompetence.)

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

McGavin posted:

I'm the guy financing all the Monkey King movies, thinking "THIS time the Americans will enjoy it!"

Has anyone actually watched the Netflix show? I remember people getting mad about whitewashing when it was announced but haven't heard anything since.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Early potty training isn't unique to China at all but yeah I recommend it strongly.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

pr0k posted:

I'm seriously considering getting a tattoo

不为什么

NO WHY

Is this the right thread to be abused for this horrible idea?

It's 沒有為什麼 not 不為什麼 .

Also the idea is terrible.

e: also traditional characters are preferred for tattoos since they will more quickly smudge into an illegible mess and hide your shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

My wife has wanted a nice wall map for our apartment so she finally got one at costco. It was printed this year and also claims to have all flags of the world.
Taiwan is shaded the same as China and has no flag on the map, Tibet has no internal border within China shown or even a "tibet" label at all.
"Printed in China", ah.

My kid's made in China globe has the nine dash line on it, but the borders are drawn with enough chabuduo that Aksai Chin and Arunachal Pradesh remain ambiguous.

• Locked thread