Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Fojar38 posted:

the purpose of that investment was to generate headlines saying that the investment occurred

this is basically the point of all of china's scientific projects and its an axiom that hasnt led me wrong yet

straddling bus :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

Usually this joke is more centered around the fact that jews used to be the only people you could find in Chinese restaurants in the US during the christian holiday season. People are less religious now so maybe that is changing.

its been changing, but into a much more accessible and minority friendly version

now christmas isn't just for christians, it's the biggest nationwide seasonal shopping event of the year! everyone can find x-mas deals!

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i should probably never visit china because if there's one thing i will do instinctually and indiscriminately it is call people out on their face-saving bullshit. but in America that is Good, Maybe?

also skateboarding is rough because somehow people do not understand that board riders are fully capable of stopping and turning so they make wild assumptions about your path and without fail get in the way. ur far more agile on a board than a bike at low speeds cmon people

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i like how singling out behaviors of specific cultural/ethnic groups is racist now. like talking about or thinking about the world through ethnic or racial divisions is Bad even if not explicitly through the intent to otherize despite the fact that it's probably how most of the world perceives the world around them

its given me a weird perspective on this stuff being from a family of proud eastern europeans in america who consider themselves culturally and ethnically different and yet 'slav' is just 'white.' made worse by the fact that everyone just thinks i'm a jew instead

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Sheep-Goats posted:

"Did I ever tell you about" is fine but if you meet someone that says "I ever tell you about" you're probably at a Nascar rally.

i live in missouri and sorry retard grammar is memetic and i have caught it like a virus

i hope you dont get upset about the word aint or double negatives

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Baronjutter posted:

Look at china getting things done. Why don't we build skyscapers anymore?? How can they develop so much faster than us?! Chinese century, we have so much to learn from them!

I'm sort of looking forward to the "ruin value" of a lot of these developing cities all over the world building ridiculous amounts of poorly built skyscrapers. I wonder when we'll start to see them actually collapse after being abandoned? I'd guess the first ruined skyscraper forest would probably end up being Dubai because just lol at any long term ability to sustain that idiocy.

my stepdad was telling me about how dumping poo poo in the desert because they don't have a sewage system was actually brilliant because the sun kills anything and the sand filters everything as it travels to the groundwater

still think its dumb

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

hemophilia posted:

Living in the south, you pretty much have to be a descriptivist if you want to live with yourself and the butchering you do to English on the reg.

feller, i'll have you know that missoura is smack dab in the centera the country

*adjusts toothpick*

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
they work better in dark conditions but still i dont know why people think fake color lenses are going to fool anyone

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

be careful with that disgusting alt-right politico!!!!

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

rear end cobra posted:

I think this guy's go-to number for "a lot" is 50000
5000 is normal tho

the entire concept of mega churches is fuckin fascinating to me. also evangelicals but whatever i live in missouri

its the cheapest building iv ever had the misfortune of entering. white exterior plastic cladding indoors, drywall where it shouldn't be, mixed wood fascias. its impressively poo poo. its a building with mall-level capacity that is built like a shoddy house, i doubt there was oversight from anyone who has designed a building that big. there's no way that they didn't bribe the fire marshall. heres the kicker im not a carpenter i know basically nothing about construction and even i know its built really poorly

its also built on the only piece of ground in the entire city that isn't flat and you can see it for a good loving half mile from the top of that hill. it also doesn't help that it reflects sunlight off of the bumpy and uneven stainless steel cladding all the way up there too

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ars posted:

i mean this thread is sorta racist and misogynist as all hell

but its funny and not like complaining about such things will help loving any

this thread is racist and misogynist in the most shallow buzzfeed thought police kind of way

like those damage control emails from your university about how we should be more accepting and tolerant of international students because the saudi ones keep raping people

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ars posted:

it kind of is though, sorry, in multiple, meaningful and practical ways

and thats fine but dont loving try pass it as if it was not

because it do

this thread is racist and misogynist in multiple, meaningful ways.

anyways it's not that big of a deal carry on

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
theres definitely a bias ITT but this is the Lol China thread on the Something Awful Comedy Forums, what the heck did you expect?

this poo poo is tame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Grand Fromage posted:

For most Koreans there's no motivation, it's just required. Part of why they can have English class daily for 10 years and come out of it speaking zero English.

its the same thing with spanish in the US. its practically required for everyone to take except there is no impetus for anyone to use it anywhere

• Locked thread