Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Grand Fromage posted:

A restaurant in Chengdu got in trouble for serving cats instead of rabbit and it was confusing, I can't see how that'd possibly be any cheaper.

Cats you can trap out back, rabbits are all in a field

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Inkfish posted:

I went to a uni that was in an australian national park and at the right time of year, enterprising students would wander the forest collecting magic mushrooms which they would sell at this concrete bench across from the library

which one

ahahaha loving hell, what beach is this

E: wait so they must have got onto the beach and then tried to go up another ramp, there's no tire tracks in front of them

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Oct 6, 2017

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Australian universities are doing everything they can to gently caress over students and get money but ive never heard of any debate about the Chinese wanting curriculum changes

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Witnessed the hot water thing first hand today, I thought it was funny but then she downed a glass of it like it was nothing and I was all like :stare:

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
young people have 50 years to worry about it because they have young healthy bodies, 60 year olds living in that pollution have got to get hosed up from it pretty bad by the time they are in their 70s

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

that looks like a great way for sickness to spread very far very fast

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Why didn't he just walk to the hardware shop and buy some bolt cutters?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Grand Fromage posted:

I don't think you guys get what he's talking about. You need a food that everyone would autistically insist on having at every single meal, every day.

Chicken tendies/fish fingers/similar crumbed stuff your mum could throw in the oven after school and serve with whatever veges

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 1, 2017

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I think Haiers point was that they because the guy said he didn't do it, they can't cause him to lose face and accuse him of it.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
i wouldnt buy formula from any country with a history of putting literal poison in to fool the nutrient measurements

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Thats one of the few Australianisms like "shrimp on the barbie" that are actually really widely used.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

WarpedNaba posted:

Prawns. You put prawns on the range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn_CPrCS8gs

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Yes making fun of Asians for chinglish is very racist.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

lambskin posted:

Stolen from the cursed images thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZE-a_bX1c4

ahh what the gently caress

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Yeah it happens in litetally every first world country, go google aging population or something idk

Australia has it and we have the population of Tokyo spread across a a country almost as big as America

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

oohhboy posted:

Sooo, a bendy bus. What will China think of next? A 2 level bus?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX2YOjU1IMw&t=37s

These have been a thing atleast since i was a small child

China #1

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

McGavin posted:

lol at the dude just laying there next to his severed fingat like he loving died

Dudes in shock, you never seen shock before?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

ladron posted:

That prisoner identification thing - lemon yellow skin - where did asians being called yellow start ? I just do not get it. Maybe like kinda tan? Even if my yellow is different from your yellow, I have never met an asian I would ever call "lemon-yellow".

the skin tone of a pale asian is noticably but only slightly more olive than a pale white person. looks kinda yellow if you're trying, and if you're looking for a racist insult, you're probably trying

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

ladron posted:

I am not saying they are not a different hue, and I absolutely agree that white people are really pink, I'm just saying I for real don't get "yellow" as an adjective.

its a racist insult it doesnt have to be logical

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Coolguye posted:

for someone who talks about perspective you truly have none. like seriously, high-rise apartment buildings are literally built by government official owned construction companies and then sold back to the government purely so some dickhead can grift billions of RMB off of the Chinese public, who then see no benefit whatsoever from this construction because the apartment buildings are built too far away from even basic services for anyone to consider living there. nobody is ever punished for this. this is so common in China you can trivially find dozens of videos on youtube describing the process in detail and detailing the evidence. find me one detailing a similar scam run in America or any Western European country.

government-linked officials in China own over 80% of the economic activity in the country. the army alone is almost 50% of that activity. in the USA it's less than 15% - with defense spending largely put out to private contractors whose strongest connection is lobbying activity. you could make the argument that the USA's number is still altogether too high (and it is), but that is not even remotely comparable to a weapons manufacturer's chairman and the producer of the contract literally being the same person, which happens routinely in china. being part of the CCP is the only way to get ahead.

the tax bill in the USA is bad poo poo but oh my loving lord trying to compare it to chinese abuses, which literally include going to neighborhoods, compelling the people to donate blood, selling the blood to the red cross for a quick buck, and not even using clean needles, resulting in loving AIDS infecting half of the population is so incredibly tone deaf that you simply must be trolling.

e: also, yeah, in real economies bullshit like bitcoin is just another foreign currency, which both the IMF has affirmed for the euro zone and the american IRS/SEC has confirmed for america. in china it is an existential threat because something with literally no real backing beyond a mathematical equation is considered more trustworthy than the CCP's full faith and credit promise, lol

This sorta poo poo happens sometimes in Australia. Most recently a state government signed contracts with massive fines for breaking them, to build incredibly unpopular developments, right before losing office.

The queensland LNP like to sell all our publically owned assets, and our Queenslands toll roads are all owned by an incredibly predatory company who just does the bare minimum to maintain the road. There are (poor) parts of Brisbane where the only ways out are congested and slow normal roads or tolled highways

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Dec 5, 2017

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Some depraved poo poo has definitely gone down in that bnb

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
How did the car roll from that???

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Khorne posted:

Physics. The tree's root/trunk/whatever is way past the mid point of those low tires. Most SUVs are flip prone trash vehicles.

but like, its going pretty slow and its a pretty small ramp, how can its center of gravity be that high??

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Bajaj posted:

The percentage of Steam client users by language. I'm so glad I don't play online games.

Yeah there are a lot of Chinese on Aus servers, they are a lot of fun to troll.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

fish and chips and dip posted:

In other news, some dumbshit clickbait website made a map of stereotypes, and what do you know, China is full of geniuses!

Not gonna link to it, as don't want to give them more clicks.

They stuck the people known for casually calling people cunts next to the people known for being extra polite

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Dec 10, 2017

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Gorilla Salad posted:

The gently caress is "balancia" anyway?

australia: yogaland

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
There are a fucktonne of chinese on the OC league and PUBG servers

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
How does heating a city with a single central reactor work? Wouldn't it be easier and more efficient to generate electricity and have space heaters in each house?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Platystemon posted:

Insulated pipes.

Yeah they leak energy, and more than electrical lines, but turning heat to electricity to heat is less efficient than keeping it as heat the whole way by a factor of 3–10 to begin with, so they have a lot to lose before they’re worse.

There’s a good reason your car’s heater bleeds heat from the engine cooling system rather than running a space heater off the alternator.

Pirate Radar posted:

The district heating infrastructure is already there, and this way, instead of turning radiation into heat into power into heat, they just heat the water (in a PWR design or something similar the water that’s heated doesn’t become radioactive) and put that into the pipes. You’re just taking an existing system and replacing the coal or natural gas furnace with a small nuclear reactor similar to what you’d see at research institutions, training centers, or colleges with particularly well-funded physics departments. Undergrads with a semester of training can run them.

*edited because I’m not 100% sure these would technically be called PWRs, I’m not an engineer

Yeah fair enough. I just kinda assumed heat would be faaaaar less efficient than heat - electrcitity - heat

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Im impressed that china has a facial recognition system powerful enough to track all the civilians somewhat accurately. Not to be racist but theres only so much variation in peoples faces, and they have a billion faces and a fucktonne of footage to sort through

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

HerStuddMuffin posted:

If you track several indicators at once it gets much easier. Face + SIM card, for instance. Even better if they have some sort of ID they need to scan periodically like in a mass transit system. Face alone is kinda poo poo, even without a pool of one billion.

Yeah im genuinely impressed they have a facial recognition software they trust enough to use like that

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

fish and chips and dip posted:

The concept of old is something I find interesting in modern China. Last place I lived was built in 1992 and was universally described as old by locals. Fair enough the condition was awful but 1992 isn't that long ago. When my wife visited my parents in Europe she was schocked when I told her that the building my parents lived in was built in the late 50's.

I've also had songs and movies from about 10-15 years ago referred to as old or very old.

Old is relative in every culture.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

kimcicle posted:

poo poo like this is why it's hard to buy superglue in Korea; whatever is in it can give you a high (or so I'm told).

you've never heard of sniffing glue?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Racism towards asians barely exists beyond "why in the gently caress do all the resorts put them first"

Australians only hate you if you look muslim (ie indian)

We do need immigrants to sustain our growth, we're trending towards a negative birth rate

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

GoutPatrol posted:

yes yes yes

but what about those lebbos australians hate so much

Lebbos are vaguely muslim looking but like Cronulla was 2003 or something, muslim bashing is the new hotness

value-brand cereal posted:

You people don't know how to make gently caress? :confused: Like I could teach you but I'd have to charge.

All western popuulations have declining birth rates but maybe we can fix that over a drink :bigtran:

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Dec 21, 2017

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

The Great Autismo! posted:

not here, but in D&D you will be reported within minutes

🤔

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Raptor1033 posted:

Wonder how many of those soldiers developed PTSD and offed themselves. Or does Face allow one to disconnect that cause you were doing a good job following orders?

Thats not a face thing, just following orders is a real thing your brain does to justify itself

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 23, 2017

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
is nong a slur or is it equivalent to bogan and redneck

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
slurs r bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011