Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

8th dan subway groper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Haier posted:

It's not that big of a deal, and I know women have to deal with hairy (non-Asian) dudes all the time, so there's not much room to complain... but at the same time when someone is basically hairless all over but then had a patch of nip fuzz, it's really off-putting. Especially when they are 2+inches long and there's like 20 of them flossing your teeth. They were in and around the areola and she had zero shame about them, as I think she thought all women have hair like that there too and her previous Chinese boyfriends said nothing about it. These were definitely growing for years.

In my experience in China, the bush is more like a forest, and many women tell me that they think it's gross and weird to trim or shave it (and I've had a few tell me that their previous BFs agree). As someone who thinks going down is part of the evening, getting tickled and/or pulling out a stray hairs sucks. I don't care about shaving, but I have had some previous lovers allow me to use my hair buzzer on a medium setting and hack away at the overgrowth. My previous FWB was from Mongolia and her forest was ridiculously long and somehow my floor would be littered with the hairs every time she stayed over. I would sweep and there would be a pile of pubes, as if I had a pet that shed a lot. She eventually let me use the buzzer and I regularly did touch ups because it grew at a rate that shocked me.

should have been a barber

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Please raise your kids right

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Children are the future

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

no

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

imagine a child growing up not breathing free american air, how horrific

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

you broke his glasses after you won?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

what kind of parties do you throw?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

What is it?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I (31m) met my wife (27f) of two years at the of 2014 and we were married by August of 2015. She's Chinese and I'm Chinese American and we met while she was working here. Both she and I have terminal graduate degrees.

So her personality is very northern Chinese - very aggressive and not to mention she grew up in the political class so she has this exaggerated sense of entitlement. Myself, I'm also from a well to do family.
So last November we've finally decided to visit her family in China - with my express objective to tell them that we are going to get married (she hasn't told them out of embarrassment we got married in 2015). Her parents generally love me and my dad has met her while on business trip to Beijing.

So midway through this trip her grandmother gets ill and is put into coma. She's dying. So of course, I decide to leave for home first and let her abandon her tickets in order for her to care for her dying grandmother.

Of course coming home, I need to start my doctorate program with the expectation that my wife will have an idea of when she will come home here. I did all the moving, setup of furniture, and nice apartment hunting to support our family.

Because she is manipulative, I always try to get a verbal agreement so I have a better understanding and forecast of the future. So I told her, just be with your family until the crisis is over because her family is mine but be understanding that you cannot be gone for such an outrageous amount of time because we are a married couple with our life ahead of us.

However, midway through this month she said she would come home after Spring Festival- the Chinese New Years. I would think she would mean it's eminent she's coming home finally - but in reality it meant nothing because still has bought not tickets and would not commit to me on a date.

We talk everyday of course, but she has decided the the topic is taboo. She has stated to me that pressing her isn't helping the situation but I have told her it is my obligation to know these things because of our marriage.

TLDR: Wife went back to China, has a manipulative personality of an entitled princess, she has made no commitment towards coming home in the short term. I'm allowing her time to be with her family, but what about me?

Two months now of waiting and her message ranges from "I don't know when I am coming back. " to "If you keep pressuring me I'm staying here forever. Go look for a divorce lawyer." I don't even want to press it anymore - it's making anxious.

Help me.
Edit: We live in San Diego.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Weak American throats

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

no one who posts in that thread has ever had sex, with a chinese person or ortherwise

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

its just like tennis, right?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

uguu posted:

My mom called my doctor and said to him "What's the most accurate measurement for weighing?"
The doctor said "An underwater weighing test"
And just like that, my mom said "Yes. When can my son and my daughter can take it?" and the doc said "Today at 2pm."

So, I didn't bother taking a shower and so did my sister too, so I had to get into a special swimming suit(tight pants...Ugh).

My sister said "Can I pull my hair down to a ponytail?" The doctor said "No."
So my sister with her long, blonde hair went underwater with 8 seconds and had she must enjoyed it..but I didn't.

You should have showered

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

The Great Autismo! posted:

"I really need a good vpn for my Netflix account" a guy says in japan T&T. SPOILER: your trip is going to loving blow in your opinion, skip all the flights and just drive from Portland to Corvallis or Eugene and watch Netflix and eat a hot dog in your best western hotel room and tell everyone you went to Japan, no one will know the difference and you will be so much happier

Please do not encourage these people to tell lies, they are very impressionable.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Haier posted:

I'm the hordes of guys wearing pants folded, cut, or sewed to be about 20-25cm higher than our ankles, so we can look like an adult wearing children's clothes and show off that we are not wearing socks with our shoes.

i love these guys the most

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Please have fun in Hong Kong, for the love of god.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

oohhboy posted:

LOL. I straight up told you guys I do exaggerate or change some details to varying degrees for dramatic effect.

Do you really think Haier is being completely honest with his posts. The stories he tells I believe no doubt has some embellishments or reordering events for pacing to it makes for a better story. He might have found out what the peanut girl had, but omitted it to let the imagination run a little wild. The stories could straight up fake, but he has your attention and I have yours.

So it really should be me telling you to take it easy. I have been having fun the whole time bitching or no bitching as the journey good or bad is my goal, not to walk back through the door back in New Zealand with no stories to tell.

But for real I am coming out today a winner.

She turned up and we took a Taxi to Wong Tai Sin where the doctor was. The medical "Complex" is in the Temple Mall North or is it south? I looked it up and they can't seem to make up their minds. But of the two malls it is the one with the dirty façade.

There are about 6 practises next to each other but none of them work cooperatively with each other although one was a dental surgeon. This meant they all waste a lot of space by having duplicate pharmacies which naturally waste space resulting in higher rent. But they have their system for better or for worse.

Of all the doctors she could have chosen she chose the busiest because of the whole big lines must mean he is good! There was a practise right next door that had a 5 minute waiting time instead of the 40+ just to see this doctor.

Of course this is Hong Kong and the place looks more like an old school package delivery service as there are boxes and boxes of medical supplies filling most of the waiting room with barely enough space to get to the doctor's door. Half a dozen people have spilled outside waiting just like me instead of heading next door. I try to read the inscriptions on the window next door but failed to ascertain why we couldn't have gone there instead as it didn't appear to be a speciality.

Name finally gets called up and the doctor is a slightly over weight, maybe about 55 years old. Behind him is multiple shelves with filled completely with patient files. Like outside the inside is full of packages. I wonder if they really do go through that much supplies or that everyone else uses his office as storage and pay him so that their practices look professional. There is some sort of organization to the madness.

He goes straight into it asking all sorts of questions which I thankfully could answer without issues. He is furiously writing this down on a notebook no different than one found in class. Like doctors everywhere his writing is mostly intelligible to the average person and on some level might have been a show. Unlike the other patients before me I stay on point and only take up 2 minutes at the most unlike everybody who seem to take long enough to tell their life story. He tells me not to eat fruit(Vitamin C has a laxative effect) or too much meat(Lack of fibre) and normal water(!) instead of Hot or Cold.

The consult ends with a "Are you afraid of needles?" I say "No" and I am promptly shown a alcove where a nurse who is standing by I spot some really old glass ampoules with the break open neck inside an open stained box. She takes a minute to draw what I assume is either antibiotics, vitamins or saline. A quick jab in the butt and I am back in the waiting room waiting on my prescription.

This takes quite a while as the look of madness is madness. My name is finally called to the window where I get handed 10 different medications with instructions all in Chinese talked in terms I don't understand. The variety of meds was clearly more of a shotgun like approach to the problem. The nurse tells me to have hot water because it is healthy and have some fruit. We pay the $500 and make our way out.

My Aunt asked whether I want anything to eat being that I woke up and went straight to the doctors. I know I should have something to eat as my hunger signals is still broken so I reply in the affirmative. She moves around going to towards food outlets only to turn away. We get to a McDonalds where she sits down at. I assume we are going to eat there so I start looking at the placards. I turn around seeing her staring at the medications but then puts them away. I sit down next to her perplexed before she tell me to put it into my backpack.

We leave, continuing to with her continuing to meander stopping to buy some traditional snacks to take home for herself.

As we walk around some more I get a message from my Sister. It is a photo of the playing card I gave her so that Chow Yun Fat could sign it when he appeared at the pastry shop she works at. I am ecstatic and perk up immediately at the news but ask why it reads 2016 as the year of signing? She replies maybe it had something to do with the year of release of From Vegas to Macao. I look it up and nope, he just got the year wrong. But that is ok because that card is still badass and now it has a little bit more story to it I can tell than a card with the correct year. It is so getting framed at the first opportunity.

The meandering continues as she points out eateries we are not going to eat at. We finally get outside and move pass the bus terminal before she realises she is lost. She says we have to head to the MTR to get her bearings. Maybe she wanted to take the MTR back home. Nope, she exits and starts heading towards my home.

She continues to point out places to eat taking me on a tour while getting lost again before I point out which way to go this time. I keep thinking this will be the place where we are going to get something to eat but we continue with her tour. We take a detour and things are not going great downstairs so I finally take control. I straight up said "This is the place we are going to get some BBQ pork on rice to takeaway and we are heading home".

We get inside and she tries to convince me to stay here and eat. It looks dingy like every other place you would not find in a guide book for tourists, even ironically. I turn up my assertiveness a notch adding "*No* we are not staying here to eat, we are taking away". We leave with the food in hand and a start power walking the couple hundred meters home stopping by a 711 for some bottled water and personal hygiene supplies.

I take the lead as I now can't meander at all. She continues to point out eateries and how this has this or how nice the food is while point out the obvious as always.

I finally get home and make for the toilet with some urgency. We finish lunch and start going through the medication(Thankfully has the names in English) jotting down the notes on the laptop as I go taking them one at a time. She continues to insist that I take them all at once. I continue to take them one at a time as I needed the water anyway and it allowed me to mark them off as taken while taking notes.

We finally get to the Kaopectin. She got rather distressed when I poured the correct measure into the cup I was using that had a small amount of water left in it so that it was easier to see what I was doing and making it easier to drink. I knew it didn't matter as the Kaopectin was meant to mix with the food and water. She doesn't let this go even as she heads out the door. She leaves in a bit of a huff having pushed accidentally the only button I have seen so far, questioning her intelligence.

So again she gets me in trouble or close to it before I pull myself out of the problem because of her good intentions. I wish it wouldn't keep happening but she is infallible in this regard. However we do get the important things done even with her unintended actions so mission accomplished

Going to see John Wick 2 with the Brother in Law. It is going to be a good finish to a winner of a day.
I don't think she is mental, just not quite all there with her quirks nor is she the brightest. Most of the time I let her do her thing but sometimes you just have to step in and when you get frustrated you sometimes end up stepping on a neck.

you were given an injection and you are taking mystery drugs, drink some gatorade

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

What have we become?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I wonder what China is actually like sometimes

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

angel opportunity posted:

My in-laws are staying with us, so gear up for a China story.

My wife and I decided to make steak and mashed potatoes for them, so my wife went to Sam's Club to buy top round steak. While she was there, I was at my laptop working at Panera Bread. I had an Earl Grey tea with two bags in it--you do NOT have to pay extra to take more bags. Anyway, it was raining outside. It had been raining basically all morning, so I was pretty surprised that it was still raining late into the afternoon. Definitely not typical for Florida. I call my wife just as she's leaving Sam's Club, and I asked her to pick me up because I didn't want to walk home in the rain. I usually walk to and from Panera to work so I can get some exercise and outside time in. I don't like walking in the rain if I can avoid it though.

My wife said she'd pick me up, but my laptop had just died, so I took my phone out and tweeted some while I waited for her to pick me up. She arrived and I got in the car with her and we drove home. Well, actually, she drove. When we got home, I helped carry in most of the groceries. As I entered the apartment, my in-laws said "You are back," to which I responded, "I am back" (this part was happening in Chinese.) My father-in-law was wearing silk, gold-colored pajamas, and my mother-in-law was wearing silk pink-colored pajamas.

My dog, Niuniu, came downstairs to greet me, and I gave him a classic "Corgi hug," which is when I reach down and he does a little hug at me and I say "Who's a good boy? Ohhh, that's such a big corgi hug, so impressive." After he was done hugging me, my wife was a little bit disappointed that Niuniu didn't want to give her a corgi hug.

I asked my in-laws if they ate already, and they said they'd eaten some mantou, but were saving room because they knew my wife and I were going to cook. I petted Niuniu a few more times until he got bored and laid down.

Once the groceries were unloaded: Top round steaks, some mayo, and spinach; I took the steaks out of the packaging and seasoned them with some Himalayan sea salt and some freshly ground black peppercorn. I told my father in law the salt was from "China's Tibet," which he quite enjoyed. It's probably from somewhere else along the Himalayas.

After I got the steak seasoned, I set the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, and I filled a big pot with water. I set the burner to 7 or 8 and got the water boiling. While the water was boiling, I got out the potatoes. They were growing roots a bit, but I just washed and peeled them anyway. What the heck, right?

I peeled six or so potatoes, and by the time I was done, the water was boiling, so I put those suckers into the pot.

My wife couldn't find the pine nuts she wanted for the spinach dish, and she was rooting through the fridge, and then the pantry. I told her they were in the fridge, and she said they weren't. I went into the fridge and they were right frickin' there where I knew they were going to be! She wouldn't admit that she was wrong or that I was right, but that's marriage.

I set a timer for 30 minutes, because potatoes take forever to boil. Since my laptop had run out of power at Panera, I decided to go plug it in upstairs and hook it up to my 24" monitor via an HDMI cable. I also attached my USB hub so I could enjoy my mechanical keyboard and high-DPI but not tackily-colored gaming mouse. I browsed the internet for a while and did a bit more work, and I went down to fork the potatoes after twenty minutes or so. Nope, still not done.

I went back upstairs and chatted with my brother for a while on Slack, and then I went down again when I heard the timer go off.

The potatoes were just about done by now, but I suddenly had an urge for Chimichuri sauce, so I asked my wife if she could make some. She got working on that while I got the potatoes out of the pot and into a big bowl to mash them. I used a too-small spoon, and one of the potatoes fell and broke on the floor. I got pretty mad, because it's such a waste of a potato, but Niuniu wasn't mad, he was right on that potato licking it up even though it was too hot for him. I told him if he ate the hot potato he'd be speaking Danish, lol (that joke is for any Swedes or Norwegians reading this China story).

I mashed up the potatoes and put some diced garlic in. I forgot to mention earlier that I crushed and finely diced some garlic while the potatoes were boiling. I put the mayo and some milk into the bowl, and I mashed the potatoes up with the potato masher until they were good and mashed. I then put in a generous portion of butter to make them nice and rich.

With the potatoes done, it was steak time. I got the cast-iron skillet good and hot, then I put a bit of vegetable oil on. Right when it started to smoke, I asked my wife to open the windows, cause this cooking method always fills the place with smoke. She did it for me, and I threw the steaks onto the skillet. I set a 2-minute timer while the steaks seared at high heat. My father-in-law came over to have a look, then went back to watch TV.

After two minutes, I put the whole skillet straight into the oven, and I reduced the heat to 425 Fahrenheit. I set another timer for five minutes. I wanted mine to be rare, but my wife and her parents wanted medium...at least. After five minutes, the timer beeped, and I took the skillet out and wrapped my steak in foil, then I put the others back in for another two minutes. When all of them were done, I put mine back into the skillet, and I put some garlic and butter in there. I let it all mix together, the garlic, butter, and steak fat flavor.

Then I took the steaks out and wrapped them so they could rest for a while. While they rested, I took the mashed potatoes and put them into the skillet to absorb that heavenly mixture of flavors.

While I was doing all this, my wife had gotten started on the spinach dish. She thought she toasted the pine nuts too long, and she told me she burned them. I insisted they were NOT burned, and I even ate one and told her how good it tasted. This reassured her a bit, so she continued blanching the spinach. She drained some of the excess water off into the sink, but it was a little precarious because I knew I had a cutting board I needed to clean, so I had to wait. I decided to put the board down and help her drain the water. It went a lot faster working together.

Once the spinach was drained and got cooking, I started to plate the food. I cut my steak up all ahead of time, put it onto the mashed potatoes like a bed, and drizzled it in Chimichuri sauce. I was looking forward to showing my in-laws this cool presentation (Top Chef style), but my wife said "Food is ready" (in Chinese) and they were on the plates like the Japanese on Nanjing in the Kang Ri film they had been watching. They ended up trying to emulate my plating style, which was kind of funny, but it wasn't as good as mine of course. This upset me for some reason, because I am an rear end in a top hat and a lovely GBS poster who wants other lovely GBS posters to like me. And despite how many words I vomit out, no one is liking me.

We sat down to eat once we plated the spinach dish onto our plates. I opened a bottle of cream soda and poured my wife and me a glass. Hot water for the in-laws, of course! My in-laws love mashed potatoes, but they have trouble eating a lot of steak. Mashed potatoes is one of the few western dishes I've really been able to cook for them and get them really into. Let's just hope they never find out just how much butter I put into those mashed potatoes!

I finished eating first, so I cleaned my plate and then cleaned up everything else from the cooking that still needed to be cleaned. I overheard my wife talking to my in-laws (in Chinese) explaining to them how to make mashed potatoes. I like to imagine my in-laws will go back to their small town in Shandong, and they will make my mashed potato recipe for all of their friends and relatives, and I like to imagine--wait--I'm falling into the trap of giving this story an actual ending. I shouldn't end this with like, a concise thought or actual idea that I express that will wrap the whole story up for you and end it in a way that leaves you feeling satisfied--or feeling like you didn't just waste a shitload of time reading this--so let's just say...

Stay tuned next time. Same corgi time, same corgi channel

Loved it

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

you should go hang out with the other goon, im sure it will be fun and safe

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Its just a bunch of pictographs right? kind of like hieroglyphics?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

but why dont we just use the umbrella emoji?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Her family is very traditional chinese and she told me that her family will want me to pay a bride price before the wedding (we are engaged). She said it will probably be around $35,000-$40,000. I refused. For me it is not about the money, but about the principle behind it. I don't appreciate the idea that I have to buy her from her family like some sort of object. This is what I told her, but unfortunately I think she took it in a different way. I say money is not the issue, and it is not for me. But I think that she thinks it is, despite my assurances that it is not. I make about $200K per year, while she makes about $45k. I think she thinks I am being stingy by refusing to pay for it. How do I approach this? She's out of town for work, but comes back on Friday.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/5wqi1i/me_31_m_with_my_fiance_28f_3_years_i_dont_want_to/?st=izq5lac8&sh=f47d094b

in case you were actually confused

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

https://twitter.com/AmyJBrittain/status/836675650253688834

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Imperialist Dog posted:

Miasma theory is Traditional Western Medicine

Also please remember that BONGHITZ just copy-pastes sad tales from Reddit.

Its my only joy

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Have you considered a teaching job in China?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Why were you wandering around in a five piece suit? What where the five pieces?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

gently caress you fuckman

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Please do not upset the harmony of this thread.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Great pale breasts

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Haier posted:

Goons, I need your opinion. Is this classic Tantan beauty a five or a six head?

5.5 heads.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Escape Addict posted:

When my roommate did eat eggs, he would crack them into a bowl, stir them up as if to make scrambled eggs, then he would pour in a bunch of cooking oil, like canola or vegetable oil. Then he'd heat this bowl in the microwave until it had solidified into a greasy, splattery mess. He seemed to need to add oil to stuff. Like it had to be steatorrhea-inducing or it wasn't a proper meal.

He would also chew on fish oil supplements like they were candy. I told him you were supposed to swallow those whole, but he didn't believe me. He insisted his way was the proper way. I showed him the label which advertised an "enteric coating designed to dissolve in the intestines." He didn't want to admit he made a mistake, so he doubled down instead and said his fish oil pills were more delicious than mine.

lol

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

What if you are the bad one really?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8iCBXnBdwg

why would anyone do this?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

What's the deal with ladyboys anyway?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Pirate Radar posted:

Is this the first line of your standup set?

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

A little background, I'm a half Japanese/Chinese who was raised in America while my girlfriend is full Korean and has lived most of her life in South Korea and moved here during her early teens. She is proficient at English but I wouldn't say fluent as she still hangs around Korean friends/communities and doesn't really hang outside of that circle.

We've never known each other prior to dating as we were introduced by a mutual friend and we just hit it off from there. I've never once mentioned to her that I'm half Chinese because I never really had a appropriate time/situation to mention it to her and honestly I never thought that it would matter at all. She just assumed I'm Japanese since I can speak fluent Japanese and have a full Japanese name.

Just last week, we were eating out at a Korean bbq place and we were sitting accross the table to a Chinese family who was being a bit loud and rude to the waiters (but honestly given the busy vibe of the restaurant, it wasn't that bad imo). Immediately you could tell my girlfriend wasn't happy about the situation and said "ah do these people have any basic manners at all?". Then after about 30 minutes, the father of the chinese family faced towards our direction near our food and started coughing like no tomorrow without covering his mouth and than spat into one of the cups. You could tell at this point my girlfriend was quite pissed and made another remark saying "seriously, why are chinese people so fxxxing dirty, it's pissing me off, i seriously can't stand them". I was completely speechless and I had no idea what to say, instead I just kind of ignored what she said and changed the subject.

I always thought of her as an open minded person considering that I'm Japanese (if you didn't know, Japan and Korea don't have the best relations due to politics and history), but now I'm thinking it's because she's into anime/games so she might be more open minded about Japanese only. I feel really torn about this because she is the first girl I dated which I really feel like our personalities and interests/hobbies really match.

Being part Chinese is something I want to embrace with it's deep beautiful history/culture and isn't something I want to hide, I've always wanted to teach my future kids to be multilingual as I feel like Chinese is a very useful language as it's the most spoken in the world (even though i'm horrible at mandarin).

I don't know what to do from here on and how to approach this situation. Is this something we should break up over? Deep inside I want to say that she didn't mean those words and just said too much in that given situation, but at the same time she could really be racist as I know that the image of Chinese people isn't that good in Korea. Is there anyway I can salvage this relationship? I don't even know what to say as I've been thinking about this all week and it's been driving me absolutely crazy. I wish I would of just mentioned to her that I'm half chinese the moment we met.

tl;dr: Went to eat dinner with my girlfriend and sat across the table of a Chinese family. The Chinese family was a bit rude and did some gross things so my girlfriend said some racist remarks about Chinese people but she doesn't know that I'm half Chinese. Please help me, I don't know what to say/do.

• Locked thread