Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

cnut posted:

一二三

:smug:

Woah, checkmated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Yossarian posted:

Can I post in this thread yet or are Pwner and Falun still falling all over themselves to just absolutely ruin it yet?

You could actually post something relevant or you can act like a passive aggressive crybaby. There's nobody stopping you.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
By radical typically.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

The Great Autismo! posted:

that's the character biang and chinese people don't know how to write it and you'll only see it if you're in a restaurant in shaanxi. i actually learned how to write this in 2012 and like FBR said you learn it by radicals.

it's a terrible character

I think I got this assigned once in college as a bonus joke question. I did not get it right.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Typically it's just top to bottom, left to right based on where the stroke finishes, close boxes last.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

ladron posted:

MMmmm....basted strokes...

I flipped right to left as well. It's supposed to be left to right.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

ladron posted:

legit q - why is the writing of a character left to right when the reading and I assume the word writing is right to left?

It makes it easier to write. It makes sense when you've tried doing it with a brush right handed. I'm left handed so gently caress them all. I have to turn paper at like a 45 degree angle to write legibly.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

ladron posted:

it's a drat shame this mutation keeps cropping up

Better watch yo' self bro, this mutation developed specifically to kick yo' right handed rear end.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Baronjutter posted:

Also german opens up opportunities to travel and work in pleasant places.

Dutch Pennsylvania and Argentina?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

It's a living.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

JaucheCharly posted:

The best places in this world, Southern Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

The best places in the world to find a used copy of forklift simulator.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

I lost it at the part where the guy goes into the trees on the left backwards.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pon de Bundy posted:

if china sucks so bad and can't do anything right and the people smell and are gross and smoke all day why do you live there

First worlders cannot resist the intrensic need to exploit countries poorer than their own for their benifit while lambasting them for the very problems their explotation caused in the first place. Most of them lack any self awareness whatsoever.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Grand Fromage posted:

I think a lot of hate is specifically for military, and there weren't any bases anywhere near me. If you saw a honkey in my town it was either a teacher or an engineer.

I forgive your lack of character. American fried chicken is also good, but there's different focus. The breading is a huge deal with the American style. Korean is more focused on the skin, and I have never figured out what kind of black magic they do to have a piece of chicken coated in sauce but still crispy.

They mix regular and rice flower im pretty sure. Or maybe it was flower and cornstarch. It's one of those. The GWS chinese food thread discussed it a bit i think.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Deceitful Penguin posted:

They deep fry it first, then cook it on a pan with the sauce. Here's the one I used and it was loving amazinggggg.
Mine uses potato/corn (I prefer corn) and its pretty drat good

also welcome back baby

Can't go wrong with maangchi. She rules.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Grand Fromage posted:

Also on the complaining, a lot of that is an artifact of being on the internet and trying to post things that are entertaining. If I post I had a nice day, my job was okay, I graded a good essay a student wrote about the difficulties of publishing history in China, my lunch was awesome and then I chilled out playing Civ 6, that's the majority of the time but also a boring post nobody gives a gently caress about. A dump truck blowing through a red light and pulling a turn so hard it flips over because the driver doesn't understand physics exists is much more entertaining.

That would be a A+ post in the weed thread and everyone would give you props for keeping it chill.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Nobody likes you.

Oh no, a bunch of losers don't like me. This is quite the blow to my self-esteem. I wonder if I will ever recover?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Fojar38 posted:

I'm glad you're back, it hasn't been the same around here without you around to relentlessly own us

There's nothing I've said in this thread thet could humiliate you any further than the things you guys post with actual sincerity. I Just bring attention to them. It's pretty telling how vitroliclly defensive you get about it, as if i touched a nerve of deep seated insecurity.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

don't sign your posts

Your rapier wit cuts me deeply.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
It's not my fault you're not english literate beyond a 5th grade level.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Grand Fromage posted:

Also there's the phenomenon where you have a conversation with the person on the phone and there are no problems, then suddenly he can't understand a word you say when you get there and are talking face to face. I have never been good enough at a language for this but I know many friends who have had this happen literally a bazillion times.

My Mandarin is awful and I live in Chengdu where nobody speaks Mandarin anyway, but most of the time people are pretty chill and we manage.

What is the sichuan dialect like?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pon de Bundy posted:

you dont go to jail for saying obama is a pig fucker sorry

sounds like china has some growing up to do

In America you go to jail for not being white. That's why we have more inmates than they do.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I'm just saying if you don't see victims of the drug war as political prisoners resulting from an institutionally racist justice system you're either willfully naive or an idiot.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
They're not loving immigrants making a new life in China. If they don't like it why don't they leave?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

ladron posted:

slagging off about the country you live in is a western expats sacred duty

I never did that, but that's probably why my coworkers and friends didn't think I was an insufferable twat.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I'm a dick to you guys intentionally because you deserve it. I enjoy making you squrim in your safe space by merely pointing out the obvious.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Put me on ignore if you're so much of a pussy bitch you can't handle reading words. Either way, stop derailing the thread with your whining

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
That suit jacket is tripping me out. Is It a shawl collar, wtf is going on there?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
He only had one son? I thought he was a huge slut.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pirate Radar posted:

An elderly Chinese woman walks down the sidewalk, hands clasped firmly behind her back, eyes fixed somewhere on the ground in front of her. Suddenly, in her path: me, the enormous pussy.

I stubbornly refuse to yield.

The old woman keeps going for a moment, eyes still fixed, no acknowledgement of the obstacle in her path. Then the smell hits her.

I stand, angrily, a truly enormous pussy directly in her path. With a cruel, sideways grin I open my festering oyster-mouth.

"Neen how?" I intone, moistly.

She refuses to acknowledge the interruption to her daily plan.

Frustrated, I push my way past her, towering wetly over her bent frame. Shaking her head silently, she continues on her way.

I have lost face today.

Umm... Ok. What does that have to do with the weird suit?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
It's weird that Sun Yat San is pretty well liked by both the ROC and the PRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Grand Fromage posted:

Lei Feng, the big hero of the revolution who is on posters everywhere and celebrated, died because someone couldn't drive and slammed a truck into a telephone pole which then hit and killed him. If he existed at all, the stories about him are so full of bullshit and he's such a propaganda figure it's hard to tell if anything is true.

That's close to how Patton died too.

• Locked thread