etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Haier posted:

I thought it was that the colors faded within one minute of being exposed to oxygen and the few people that saw the colors were like "whoa, p cool."

The Oxidation is a gradual process

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

China has a great ally in insane murder mayor/president Duterte.

Duterte has a awesome Death Wish platform

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Stuff posted:

China lost to Syria 0-1 in World Cup qualifiers.

football with chinese characteristics

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dr. Killjoy posted:

American born Asians in Cali in general tend to have a Californian accent. I wouldn't say it's demonstrably different from other Californians though. East Coasters with an accent from one of the New England states on the other hand :argh:

Probably my fav plot twist was when I went grocery shopping in NJ for the first time and heard a asian couple yelling at their kids in a ultra-thick north jersey accent.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pirate Radar posted:

It's like watching a raccoon break into a supermarket. I can't believe this is happening but I respect that he's having the time of his life.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fojar38 posted:

It's to the money hth

Patriotic zeal will only carry you so far if you don't have any money to live on

yeah, without money no more mistresses to bang

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

Real inspiring.

lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

THE PWNER posted:

Try to live in the US for some time

-walk by someone wearing a BLUE LIVES MATTER t-shirt
-drive past a 50,000 strong church sermon
-buy a tomato stew that's called a pizza
-get a minor health issue and pay $50000 to fix it
-try to get educated and find myself indebted for life
-get shot by a cop

The US has other problems like lower corruption and better environmental regulations than China

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

THE PWNER posted:

China should play the national anthem from zepellins when they invade, all the americans will loving stand as straight as they can at attention and be free kills

I for one am enjoying the new Battlefield 1 game.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

it's really funny

Sounds like a Black Mirror premise

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

THE PWNER posted:

This is really excellent news, I'd like to see a system like this implemented worldwide.

A uber passenger score for everything.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Deceitful Penguin posted:

im the one asian lady completely stone faced the entire song

I don't know they to be stoned faced until at the checkout counter they learn that their coupons are expired.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol at the twist ending

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Great Autismo! posted:

got this in my wechat this morning. we can all know how good we are as foreigners now. hooray!

lolling at the age scoring for points, very Logan's Run

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Accretionist posted:

Good thing I didn't do either then?

Also:

Article: 60 per cent of China’s richest people plan to invest abroad and emigrate in next three years, says survey
From: South China Morning Post
Date: October 28, 2016

If Seattle gets the Vancouver treatment it might finally push out techies

Los Angles was chosen by 17.8 per cent of the respondents, almost unchanged from last year, followed by 13.2 per cent for San Francisco, 12.8 per cent for Seattle and 11.6 per cent for New York.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm glad that San Diego was not on the list.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This is pretty much where the US heading thanks to globalism and the collaspe of organized labor.

Lots of have industries such have tech have pretty much switched over to contract style work.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Haier posted:

I have a Korean friend from ages ago and we talk only about 5-6 times per year the past few years. Every single time I ask her how she is or what she's doing she will answer with learning some sort of trade acceptable for a women so she can try to emigrate to the US. She's been to barber school, nail school, make-up school, salon school, and a few other things on top of it. She's realistic about it not being the best of choices for work, but she would rather get out of Korea than get married and raise kids there.
We talked a lot about it back in the day and I recommended Korea Town in LA and she's going there soon to check it out. She hates her life in SK and she's convinced that Korean-Americans have the same tastes in fake plastic women that men in Korea have, so she's all woe and doom about never finding a husband even if she stays permanently in the US.

LOL. Thanks for the snark.

I like the butt hurt Korean comments in the articles.

Korea number #1

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ladron posted:

the best korean (foreigner) expat blog closed a few years ago, but this one is ok (a korean expat America explains poo poo)

http://askakorean.blogspot.kr/2016/10/the-irrational-downfall-of-park-geun-hye.html

This made me laugh how most of the scandal evidence was due to how she left her smartphone behind in a old office but didn't set it up with any security

quote:

The major breakthrough occurred on October 24, when a cable TV network JTBC discovered a Galaxy Tab belonging to Choi Soon-sil in the office that she abandoned. The tablet was the Pandora's Box--it had the presidential speeches with Choi's markups, presidential briefs for cabinet meetings, appointment information for presidential aides, chat messages with presidential aides, the president's vacation schedule, draft designs for commemorative stamps featuring the president, and much, much more. The discovery of the tablet was worthy of "World's Dumbest Criminals"--the tablet was simply left behind in Choi's office with no encryption, and the files were available for anyone to open. And just in case Choi Soon-sil denied ownership of the tablet, its image gallery contained her selfie.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Haier posted:

http://gbtimes.com/business/philippine-central-bank-adds-chinese-yuan-reserves

Kool Aid has been drunk. Duterte is saving up for early retirement.

Shouldn't a stable reliable currency be used for reserves?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Blistex posted:

During the Korean war, Mao's son was at some outpost cooking noodles in a shack when they got a warning that an air raid was coming. Orders were than everyone was to take cover in a cave-bunker when an air raid was inbound, but Mao's son pulled rank (by saying "I'm Mao's son, don't tell me what to do) and a South African A-26 napalmed his rear end.

lmao, I'm glad that the whole mainlander don't follow rules and line cutting mentality changed history.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

JaucheCharly posted:

South African style fried noodles.

lol, the spin owned for the story how they tried to make his death seem heroic instead of getting killed for the usual no why of not following rules.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

they pretty much only ended up making the simpler mechanical parts, while everything more complex like electronic assemblies got made by western companies.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pirate Radar posted:

Haier, call the Mongol and the Amazon to your house at the same time and host your own episode of Deadliest Warrior

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Found a BBW in China

*Achievement Unlocked*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

twerking on the railroad posted:

I don't get the connection

He said he wants to slap Chinese products with large tariffs.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Xerxes17 posted:

Some good news from Good China :unsmith:

Taiwan set to legalize same-sex marriages, a first in Asia
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/e9c5b9c82abe4bc987f820aa104f2893

Taiwan Number #1

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Finally technology is being used to eliminate white people jobs.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

With the telepresence robot you can keep the Haiers of the world from plunging in foreign countries.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Atlas Hugged posted:

Also everyone is hungover and operating on about 3 hours of sleep.

also being forced to go out late with the boss after work to bang prostitutes.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

How long until a SV startup makes a Haier 2000 bot to send overseas?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

fish and chips and dip posted:

What annoys me the most watching Chinese TV shows is the super wooden acting. It's like watching a bunch of high schoolers trying way too hard to be ~actors~ during a school play.

Yeah they seem to be really clueless on the nuances of acting and always go into overacting mode.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Haier posted:

This is the highest rated thing from r/China, and it is on the front page of reddit right now:

One finger selfie challenge. NSFW

https://i.redd.it/0un5d72yux0y.jpg

EDIT: Now I want to try.

EDIT 2:
https://www.reddit.com/r/China/comments/5fw1m1/nsfw_one_finger_selfie_challenge_is_trending_on/

LMAO at the comments from non-r/China readers. "THIS SUB IS JUST BITTER EXPATS THAT HATE CHINESE PEOPLE"

Another good example of weightlifting as being something only for decadent western women.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Beijing had earlier this week warned against “irrational” overseas acquisitions as more domestic funds were being spent overseas with Chinese company’s increasing shopping spree on foreign asset. It also indicated it could relax restrictions on foreign investment in some sectors.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Haier posted:

You would think that China would be interested to increase their number since they have so many extra men running around. Kudos to equality, though.

slav depression.jpg

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mimesweeper posted:

haha, it's even worse than that.

please leave China Haier for some place healthier and more bbw women

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jose posted:

lmao i love haier's stories

Haier stories is like humor from the Ash vs Evil dead series can't make up your mind whether to laugh or throw up.

I'm glad that he didn't have peanut allergy.

  • Locked thread