Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

freeper posted:

To: LouAvul
Boycott United!

The passenger’s past has nothing to do with the crime on the plane!

43 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 13:00:01 GMT-0700 (PDT) by editor-surveyor (Freepers: Not as smart as I'd hoped they'd be)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Umm... look at this freeper's signature.

Freepers: Freepers: Not as smart as I'd hoped they'd be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Kurtofan posted:

you know that this song was written during a time where the armies of European powers were attacking France right

No you see the French Revolution mainly came about because of economic anxiety regarding Prussians, Russians, Austrians, Brits, Ottomans, Spaniards, and Italians stealing NOTER TRAVAIL. The revolutionaries managed to dispose the Bourbons, who were despised because they allowed porous borders, but went too far when they composed that anti-globalist song quoted above and beheaded Louis XVI, noted deep state actor. This was a straw too far for the fragmented globalists of Europe and they all sent their armies and navies to crush the insurrection. Amid the chaos, a proud nationalist, who was not afraid to be anti-PC or HRE, arose. His name was Napoleon Albert Einstein Bonaparte. And he promised to build a "Maginot Wall" to keep the foreign hordes at bay. Alas, the combined weight of the globe proved too much for Napoleon--who was no Atlas--and he ended up exiled, mostly due to unfair treatment in the press. But his ground game was in the hearts of the French people all along and he quickly returned to defend las volk against the impending international doom. But you know how this story must end by now: the globalists using nefarious tactics such as a larger, more experienced, better supplied force defeated the Homme whom loved France and Corsica first and foremost.

And that is why La Marseillaise is xenophobic and racist and bad.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Check out the freep dollar I received in change:

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

It's been a thing since Clancy days at least but the conservative simultaneous worship and dread of The EMP still brings a smile to my face.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

BarbarianElephant posted:

Even if Seth Rich *was* silenced by MurderHillary, he's unlikely to have gasped it out with his last breath because he'd have no idea that the guy who shot him was in the pay of the Underwoods, uh Clintons. He'd be more concerned with things like "Am I gonna die?" or "Tell Mom that I love her" or "Oh God the pain."

Unless Hilary did the hit herself, just to watch him die (badass Grandma.)

"Dying for Hillary's emails!"

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Turtlicious posted:

Someone drudge up what Freep is saying about the guy that assaulted a reporter.

This is a great typo for the freep thread.

Also it was requested about five posts before but hey reading is hard.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
No negative war story ever? Very cool, very edgy; my mind is expanded.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I think the first map shows all the *claims* the British Empire made in 1900, hence the Arabian Peninsula, Afghanistan, and chunks of eastern Africa and China being in there, all territories that were being fought over (diplomatically or militarily) at the time.

The fact that (Can/Aus/NZ maybe excluded) it's also a map of almost all of the main terrorist/conflict hotspots of the world is purely coincidental and you're probably some sort of pinko lunatic for suggesting any kind of connection between the last four centuries of British foreign policy and the state the world's in today.

If you ignore these certain British colonies and then also ignore all the other hosed up colonial legacy countries left by Spain and France and the US and Belgium and others and also think Britain (which didn't technically exist yet) was a global power in the 17th century, then yes I'm down to blame the Brits.

Or maybe if you want to overgeneralize for why the world is hosed up--and really less so than usual in history--start with at least imperialism rather than specifically the British empire.

And I love seeing that one freeper having a bit of sense about the uranium "transfer." You know they're still awful but you see so much less basic reasoning on freep these days that's it's equivalent to spotting an endangered unicorn. I have to wonder how they still exist these days. Or maybe leftist goon-freep spelunkers purposefully ignore the common sense solutions??

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jun 13, 2017

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

SocketWrench posted:

I dunno where they drew the meth thing from anyways. Meth in the US is more of a southern Republican redneck type thing when it comes to poors making it

That plus the idea of anyone with half a brain using a charcoal grill indoors somehow made that the dumbest post in a sea of stupid. Oh and the scare factor of cooking ~goat~

I know, Muslims aren't people/don't have even half a brain.

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jun 17, 2017

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Neo_Crimson posted:

There was also a freeper story where they went to Spain and refused to leave the Holiday Inn except for bus tours because they were scared of all the Mexicans.

A classic. There was also a freeper who surprisingly visited Chicago but hated it because there were too many Islam bookstores (there's like two). And this story resurfaced in the Chicago thread:

http://nymag.com/selectall/2016/08/homeless-youtube-couple-flees-chicago-after-one-day.html

Not freepers, but a 19yo married YouTube couple with stupid names, moved to Chicago and left after a day when a homeless minority was kinda weird to them. The video they posted about it is a true marvel.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

try the new taco place posted:

TIL Bob Dylan was a rapper, and it wasn't even in one of the Freep quotes

You were more polite about that than I would have been; you are the Superer Muslim.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

SocketWrench posted:

I hope someone places hats on his tombstone

And pour out a tiny combination Budweiser Marlboro

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Mine will always be acronyms

Radios in cars for me.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Admiral Ray posted:

If they go legit MGTOW instead of hanging around whining ineffectually then great, excellent, the system works. But that's never what happens.

Also, McMaster will not get fired until Kelly does, and Kelly won't until Mattis does. The military will own this administration.

The military running this administration honestly seems like one of the better and more realistic outcomes possible.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

evilmiera posted:

How in the gently caress do you forget the fact that that line about "First they came for.." is ABOUT THE NAZIS? loving hell Freep.

That was pretty clearly a freeper making fun of other freepers defending stormfront y'all

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Note: Freepers make terrible friends:

It was his friend who was pulled over and had that bullshit done to him. Think a freeper would learn a lesson about discrimination and injustice but hey it's freep but reading comprehension cmon goons.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

That's the point: he's a lovely friend who cheers a policy that got his buddy locked up for two days for no legit reason.

Heh yeah so much egg on my face, sorry

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Wow I can’t believe I had forgotten about that crazy triangle. So many memories...

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That just makes me think of that Onion video.

https://politics.theonion.com/after-obama-victory-shrieking-white-hot-sphere-of-pure-1819595330

Think the shrieking white hot sphere of pure rage will come up again in 2020? Seems like it matches the mentality of the average GOP voter these days.

This always impressed me for its prescience similar to their article from a long forgotten time:

https://politics.theonion.com/bush-our-long-national-nightmare-of-peace-and-prosperi-1819565882

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Lprsti99 posted:

Freep: OK, I have had enough winning now thank you very much.

Thank you, mods. There will never be a better thread title.

Not even close to the top three as it stands.

Verdict?

Death by ZOT!

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Post poste posted:

Do you have the full quotes of this? They where good for a laugh.

It’s in the OP. Some other gems too.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Eh, gay to mean bad is a more recent trend (that is declining, thank the gods) due to the AIDS epidemic and the increased attention for gay rights. Gay, and human being and all the other ones, became a lovely shibboleth to prove how straight you were; most outgrow it but freep-types don’t. But before the 80’s—and some cracking before from Stonewall et al and loosening sexual mores—heterosexuality was so pervasive that that lovely shibboleth was less necessary. Obviously 50’s and 60’s America was rampantly homophobic but kids weren’t using gay interchangeably with bad like my closeted child-self was in the 90’s and 00’s.

tldr: I’d be way less surprised to hear a freeper complain about how gay used to mean happy until the queers ruined it, than to use gay to mean “bad”

edit: rereading the posts above it’s about calling people gay which ya has always been a thing and not the “poo poo is gay” sense which I would still find weird from an older person but I’ll just leave this block of text anyway

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 17, 2018

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Y’all are gonna get haunted by one angry dalereed ghost

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

VitalSigns posted:

When you reach the point of assuming Lincoln is just like "eh whatever who cares if we win battles or not" and keeps McClellan in command for the entire war you might as well just assume Lincoln shrugs and lets the secessionists go without a fight in the first place.

Like yeah if the South had won they would have won, how realistic was that though: not very

Eh, this type of deterministic thinking isn’t very useful when viewing history. Yes, the confederacy had a small chance of achieving their political goals, but they had a chance nevertheless. And more specifically it’s not too absurd to imagine Lincoln keeping on a well-respected general by both enlisted and officers who was genuinely gifted at logistics, which the ACW is one of the earlier ‘total war between industrial nations’ where logistical stuff really matters.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

SocketWrench posted:

Oh yes, and I bet they cite Harrison as defense.
None the less this is particularly lazy and dumb, and of course Freep defends it because it's big strong daddy Trump wussing out again

Reminds me of when they lost their poo poo after Obama emasculated a Proud Marine by forcing him to hold an umbrella.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Any good HW stuff or is it mostly just “thank god that RINO is dead” mixed in with some “be civil, he died (and at least he was a republican)”?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Fulchrum posted:

If its freep technology, it'll just be a bucket with a frowny face on it, and a tape recorder continuously replaying someone screaming the N word.

Excuse me, Free Republic is a Family Forum. The bucket will be shrieking “urban ferals.”

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

SocketWrench posted:

"He's a smart guy" Listen, just because you were dumb enough to fall for his "self made man" bullshit doesn't make him smart

Just because McDonald's has been around a long time and popular doesn't make it gourmet

got ‘em good!

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Plinkey posted:

At work right now so can't really post from my phone but the freep tears are flowing hard today over Trump caving on the wall and shut down.

This was one of those news stories where my first thought was “I can’t wait for freep.” Love those.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Still love that freeper whose “friend” told him all about twinks.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Xiahou Dun posted:

Ah okay. I guessed it was something like that but now I know for sure. Thanks!

It works out nicely even if you don’t know who he is though since Kyle Jack is such an aggressively white name.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

jobson groeth posted:

Quite progressive for a freeper to only be 11 years behind the times isn't it.

And to predict who the republican nominee will be four years in advance.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Elephant Ambush posted:

"It's ok when we do it because we're the red hat wearing Good Guys"

ftfy

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Not exactly the right place to ask but it seems in the spirit of the thread and we’re all sick here: I recently finished cyrano’s Ghost thread and with it all the recaps of patriot fiction and right wing trash literature that I know of. The Bracken thread here, that retroism (?) civil war nonsense offsite, and, of course, the wonderful Left Behind recaps. Please tell me there’s untapped insanity in this genre!

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

It’s on a weird forum, and the commentary isn’t quite as good as our brave goons and the left behind guy, but it’s batshit insane and a must read if you enjoy this nonsense (and we’re in the freep thread, we all do):

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/coiler-reads-victoria-a-novel-of-fourth-generation-what-the.360750/

Xiahou Dun posted:

Did he come back and finish that thread?

Nah, I just had never read it. Let’s go bug him about it in the milhist thread!

chitoryu12 posted:

I did a two-part thread about the Superhawks series by Mack Maloney. He started as just a regular pulp writer making a "Crimson Skies in the 1980s but with more tits and blood" series called Wingman full of crazy poo poo like C-5s turned into gunships and the KKK Air Force, and then 9/11 totally broke his brain. Superhawks is a series about a black ops organization with an unlimited budget to get revenge on 9/11 by killing every single Muslim terrorist possible, regardless of the collateral damage they cause.

One member of the team roid rages during a raid and starts firing grenades into passing buses, which nobody ever comments on or punishes him for. The main protagonist justifies killing women and children in a terrorist encampment because he needs to keep the kids from growing up to be terrorists. There's a moment toward the end of the first book where he seems to have an "Are we just as bad as them?" epiphany, only to turn it around and go "Yes, and we should be to get the revenge we deserve." It's one of the most virulently awful, racist things I've ever seen unironically put on Barnes & Noble shelves.

The series finally ends with them realizing that the only way to stop Islam from destroying the world is to dress themselves up as Muslims and infiltrate the religion to turn it peaceful from within.

Yup, this sounds perfect. Thanks!

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

There is always more, and it is always worse.

I mean, just the way these guys further radicalize each other suggests that the genre won't go away for a very long time.

Oh ya, I wasn’t afraid this well was going to dry up anytime soon, just the let’s reads of them. I haven’t stooped to reading this trash myself (yet)

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 17, 2019

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Albino Squirrel posted:

Do you have a link to the threads on this here site?

Here’s Bracken’s Enemies Foreign and Domestic: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3506161&perpage=40

And John Ringo’s Ghost: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3385144&perpage=40

Bonus! John Ross’s Unintended Consequences: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3054909&perpage=40

Enjoy.

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 18, 2019

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Thought it was maybe posted here but I can’t find it and my google skills are failing me: anyone got a link to the CYOA someone is running offsite set in the patriot fiction dystopia of Victoria?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

McGlockenshire posted:

We're pretty goddamn hosed.

Thanks for your service! The thread really hasn’t been the same without you.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

What’s the origin of the current Confederate ancestors thread title?

I believe it was in regards to some confederate statute removal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

There was a fun poll a little while back that broke down the religious vote in insane detail. “Identifies as evangelical and attends church once a week” had a conservative lean, “Identifies as evangelical and attends church more than once a week” had a very strong conservative lean, but “Identifies as evangelical, does not attend church “ was a vertical red spike rising to meet the sun.

Got a link? Would love to look at it all.