Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The best post of all time was Dalereed explaining how he once beat up Jim Henson in the 70s but had no idea what a muppet was because he was still angry about whatever they were fighting about and refused to learn any more. Any other freeper I wouldn't believe, but Dalereed I believe without question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

PeaceDiner posted:

I don't know if this was the one you were thinking of but goddamn if it doesn't make me laugh every time I think of it:

Yeah, that's it. It's beautiful.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I know I shouldn't be, but I'm really shocked about the freeper calling a 15-year-old a slut because her father withdrew his endorsement of Trump.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They're all just going to fall into line and vote straight ticket and forget all this the day after the election. Their tears are delicious but freep is just a fantasy zone for these people to get out the thoughts and feelings they know they can't share with people they know in real life.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

'My children will learn that white people are better than non-white people and the poor non-whites are jealous about their inability to compete with the glorious white man. The government helps them fake it. I'm not racist, though, just honest and accurate.'

gently caress Freep.
[/quote]

Thinking that being white is an accomplishment that makes you better than other people is classic freep.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Admiral Ray posted:

Wait, he ruined Christmas for his wife, children, and sons-in-law? Do these people want to die cold and alone?

How’d he smuggle it into his lap in the first place? Sounds like he probably saved Christmas by finally loving off after years of getting on everyone’s nerves.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Speaking of AROUND BLACKS, did you know they identified A Wyatt Mann? It’s this guy:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Bougas

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

jojoinnit posted:

Huh, don't remember where I heard or saw it but I always thought it was known to be this guy: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Metzger

Here’s a comprehensive buzzfeed article about him:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/the-surprisingly-mainstream-history-of-the-internets-favorit?utm_term=.vf43vJDYW#.fkVW9mND4

Basically in the late 80s and early 90s he appeared in public as A Wyatt Mann and has an identical art style and comic sensibility.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

If I recall correctly, there is a rapture insurance company that arranges payouts to dependents stranded on Earth after the rapture. Their payment system is supposedly tied to five godly employees who travel randomly selected routes and call a phone number every morning. If only three or fewer call, rapture payments go out through an automated system.

Conservatives are stupid.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The repeated comments are weirding me out. I’m guessing they’re from bots?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

Seconding.

Yeah. The Pulido form is dead, insect.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why are they all talking about Obama? Is it related to all those Fox News stories filtering in from the universe where Clinton is president?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

If an undercover cop/government agent asks you "Do you want to commit a crime?" and you say yes, that isn't entrapment. It also wouldn't be entrapment if they provided you with materials to commit a crime. The reason is because you could always say "I do not want to commit a crime." It's only entrapment if they put you in a position where you feel forced to commit a crime. Like if an undercover cop posing as a drug dealer were to say "Buy some drugs or I'll shoot you." That would be entrapment.

This why they go to work on Muslims with developmental delays or who are young children when they want to find a “terrorist” to bust.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did that one who bragged about insulting Jim Henson while painting a sign finally die?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

Dalereed unfortunately passed away, but his hatred lives on.

I imagine him keeling over in pure screaming rage because he saw a black man drive by in a nice car and as the car pulled away it revealed two women kissing while out with their children.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Since when have freepers called people gay as a generic insult? I know their rhetoric is of the grade-school variety, but this seems even more nakedly so than normal.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pontius Pilate posted:

Eh, gay to mean bad is a more recent trend (that is declining, thank the gods) due to the AIDS epidemic and the increased attention for gay rights. Gay, and human being and all the other ones, became a lovely shibboleth to prove how straight you were; most outgrow it but freep-types don’t. But before the 80’s—and some cracking before from Stonewall et al and loosening sexual mores—heterosexuality was so pervasive that that lovely shibboleth was less necessary. Obviously 50’s and 60’s America was rampantly homophobic but kids weren’t using gay interchangeably with bad like my closeted child-self was in the 90’s and 00’s.

tldr: I’d be way less surprised to hear a freeper complain about how gay used to mean happy until the queers ruined it, than to use gay to mean “bad”

edit: rereading the posts above it’s about calling people gay which ya has always been a thing and not the “poo poo is gay” sense which I would still find weird from an older person but I’ll just leave this block of text anyway

I guess it’s good that they’re calling him gay and not throwing around open antisemitism, since it means nazis haven’t infiltrated 80s-90s suburban dad culture yet.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Smeep posted:

Yeah there were a few reddit/GA posts on that, mostly trolls but a bunch of people were like "this is how they prepare us/first they mock you/how brazen to just admit it like this" etc.

Predictive programming: it’s not just for truthers any more.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is freep the oldest forum on the internet still going? I can’t think of another one from the Clinton years except our own dead gay home.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Has Obama taken the place of Bill Clinton as the dark spirit named in their ritual lamentations, to be blamed for the decay and weakness that somehow continues despite Trump being president?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The angrier they get while yelling at the computer, the less likely it becomes that they ever do anything else about what angers them.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The consciousness of DALEREED shall be reconstructed from his post history and given an eternal robot body.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is freep generally ok with papists? I’d expect them to see catholics as foreign invaders, possibly hiding under apparent whiteness.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Elephant Ambush posted:

Class and education are very tightly linked.

And what happens when you focus on critical thinking in chud schools they pull them out and homeschool them or send them to private religious schools or they get on the PTA board and/or lobby state governments to allow parents to sign their kids out of anything they find objectionable.

They tried to get a critical thinking class going in my town, one that would teach basic logic and look at commercials and like ufo claims and stuff like that, and angry parents shut it down almost immediately.

We call these people dumb, but they can sure recognize a threat when they see one.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Cool that they’re continuing to radicalize themselves into spree shooter situations—“cow” being the aarp-friendly npc equivalent. Has there been a freep mass shooter? Was that guy who shot up the holocaust museum during Obama’s inauguration one? Or the guy who flew a plane into the irs?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

How is Jones still in business? The Sandy Hook suit is going to destroy him, right?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Minenfeld! posted:

Both of my parents subscribe to the "choice" view of homosexuality and when I asked them why you'd choose to do something that is going to get you persecuted, their response was that all the gay men or women they know had a bad and abusive childhood which caused it. It's an interesting hybrid rationalization.

Same conservative logic for why people do crimes or are atheists: they make the bad choice because they are morally weak and therefore deserve to be destroyed by the strong. I guess it's not really a surprise.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

The third movie is about him joining the Mujahideen so that's kinda rad.

It is in fact dedicated to the brave fighters of the mujahideen in the end credits.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Notre Dame Cathedral on Fire

While there's no official cause of the fire yet, most people are pointing towards it being tied to building renovations, and is almost certainly a terrible accident.

Doesn't stop Freep though!

:siren: MUSLIMS :siren:

:siren: THE DEEP STATE :siren:

:siren: CATHOLICS :siren: wait what

I love the first guy who not only doesn’t know what Easter weekend is, but doesn’t know how weekends work.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

McGlockenshire posted:

The internet has enabled it to become the Grand Unified Conspiracy Theory. They're desperate to find some known, external cause for all the things that aren't going right in order to deal with the disappointment in Trump not being competent enough to keep his word and follow through. If they admit to themselves that he is, was, and always will be a fraud, where does that leave their worldview?

If the Dems manage to get their poo poo together and win in 2020, I both can't wait to drink freeper tears and also can't wait to create a survival bunker for the inevitable chud violence.

They’re already violent enough that if leftists or muslims were killing people at a comparable rate, the authorities would call it an insurgency and declare some kind of war powers to allow cops to gun people down in broad daylight without pretense of criticism.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

We Hunted the Mammoth is anti-mra. It’s like Right Wing Watch.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I will never get over “actually the confederacy was good but THEY don’t want you to know that the Democrats did the confederacy” poo poo.

How do you not see how stupid that line is

“The nazis weren’t racist and holocaust never happened and when we do it again we’ll kill all of you this time!”

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Aren’t they excited about civil war 2 though? Years of trump and they don’t feel any differently than they did under obama.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Where does “it was about making money and therefore can’t be racism” come from? I remember some politician said it a month or two ago. Just another way of denying that racism ever did or could exist?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

jojoinnit posted:

And why do they think it's a defence? "We didn't enslave you because we're racist but because it made us money" doesn't make anything better.

E: and also ignores all the literature of the time such as the Confederate Constitution...

If you accept it as a given that making money is the highest good and that the only option anyone ever has is to maximize profit, I guess it does serve as a kind of alibi. “We (the inherently superior white race) weren’t evil because we didn’t act out of irrational hatred, but rather the rational self-interest that you can’t really blame anyone for serving.”

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

“Slavery wasn’t bad and also it was the Democrats who did it! Also the Democrats were wrong to invade the confederacy, which was good but made of Democrats!”

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

“Their hate keeps them from rationalizing.”

Is there a name for a statement that’s partially correct because of malapropism?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It really makes no difference at all to them that trump is president. They’re still wailing about how satanic communists are about to take their guns away and destroy America. They have everything they want but just obsess over Clinton and how gay people have human rights. It’s unbelievable.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Realizing that they always behave the same way has really killed my boner for seeing what they’ll do if Trump loses. They’ll post the exact same poo poo no matter what happens.

I am still excited for the approaching holiday season loneliness and how they convince each other that they don’t need their children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I know they didn't absorbed anything from the Bible nor their few trips to worship. These keyboard warriors just look it up as they need it. Remember, Freepers are made up of the generation that thinks going to church and listening to the game in their earbuds instead of the pastor is somehow praiseworthy. If you had an opportunity IRL to ask these morons about any of this Bible poo poo they keep posting they'd be helpless. I've met children in Sunday School that have a more thorough understanding of the Bible than all of Freep combined.

It’s like how they’re the generation obsessed with heterosexuality and marriage but all hate their wives and think it’s cool to fantasize about how they’d gently caress a teenager.