Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Malachite_Dragon posted:

quote:

They're aware but think we're part of some cabal of satan.
Well, I mean, I do attend every second Thursday of the month

Oh great, another one of those milquetoast "every other Thursday" Satanists. :rolleyes:

Lucifer was cast from his throne on a Thursday, and Thursday happens to appear every week people, Our Dark Lord doesn't just skip a week when the weather's nice. Either take this seriously or go back to Baal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

FreeperMadness posted:

Meh, for us its just a Christmas and Easter thing.

It's okay, you say "Walpurgisnacht" and "Samhain" here, no normies around.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

quote:

Both Bill and Hillary were filthy hippies when I was in Vietnam getting shot at. Trump was clean cut and always has been.

... And while you were getting shot at in 'Nam, Trump was doing what now?

Come to think of it, what were Trump's kids doing while I was getting shot at in Iraq?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

quote:

You just know as he wrote that he went crosseyed and had to think up a quick "pro" to hopefully cover up that Trump was dodging the war

Bone spurs and the clap: the silent killers.

In fairness, I never got attacked by a leopard in Iraq, so I guess we all have our crosses to bear.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

xthetenth posted:

When has the thread title done anything other than "honoring" huge pieces of human poo poo.

Let's commemorate his massive lead exposure.

I bet he never realized that heavy lead concentrations will lead to his corpse lasting for decades like some incorruptible saint.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

quote:

I know it's suzie again, so her knowledge of history is about zero. But what was Columbus popular for? He discovered the new world? Vikings did long before him, so why don't we have a viking day instead? I'd totally be on board with that.

I think Columbus was a dick and Vikings are much cooler (though not angels either), but the Viking arrival in Vinland had very little historical impact, and Columbus' arrival had massive historical impact, so if we're measuring the value of events by impact, hands-down Columbus' arrival is far more significant.

It's like if some guy had drawn the same conclusions as Newton for the three laws of motion, but done it a century earlier, but the early guy just wrote it down in his journal and it didn't impact anyone at all, and his book turned up centuries later after Newton had already had his impact. The Vikings going to Vinland (as far as I understand) had very little impact on the global conception of geography; either their findings didn't really spread outside their own circles, or is just got filed as "yeah, there's an Iceland B and Iceland C yet further out" without any serious impact.

I'm not saying we should have a holiday for Columbus, just noting that the Vikings' time in Newfoundland is cool and interesting but had little impact on the overall course of history, compared to the massive effects Columbus' accidentally smacking into a Caribbean island did.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Time for more "blind squirrel finds broken clock":

Police arrest more people for marijuana use than for all violent crimes — combined

quote:

Dumbest crime ever invented.

It needs to be repealed. It’s totally useless.

2 posted on 10/14/2016, 6:28:27 PM by Vendome (Don't take life so seriously-you won't live through it anyway - "Enjoy Yourself" ala Louis Prima)

quote:

The war on drugs has literally looted the tax payers for decades. All it did was increase the size and scope of government dramatically. One big con job.

4 posted on 10/14/2016, 6:29:46 PM by dragnet2 (Diversion and evasion are tools of deceit)

Kinda backhanded...

quote:

Possibly... possibly. It’s easy.

The more socialized that medicine is, the more impetus there is for wanting to bust users as drags on the system.

7 posted on 10/14/2016, 6:32:59 PM by HiTech RedNeck (Embrace the Lion of Judah and He will roar for you and teach you to roar too. See my page.)

Dadjoke?

quote:

I guess what we need are more violent crimes.

15 posted on 10/14/2016, 6:37:47 PM by FlingWingFlyer (46 DEMOCRATS voted to have the UN disarm the American people.)

Shouting down the rare dissenter, and an amazing glance at a rare not-total-hatred-of-Soros:

quote:

If Soros believed in kicking a smoking habit, you would smoke to spite Soros?

You specialize in illogic.

17 posted on 10/14/2016, 6:38:28 PM by HiTech RedNeck (Embrace the Lion of Judah and He will roar for you and teach you to roar too. See my page.)

And that's why people want to... wait for it... change the law?

quote:

the ACLU has been so upfront and righteous and honest too...as well as nonpartisan....

I would take any charge from them with a grain of salt....

I don't care to see people thrown in jail for a small amt of weed, but I won't cry for them either....

its still a law in many places....they broke the law...
20 posted on 10/14/2016, 6:42:42 PM by cherry

quote:

The “Criminal Justice Industrial Complex” is far too profitable for far too many. What would cops, lawyers, corrections, bail bondsmen, judges and court house employees do? What would happen to the wonderful kick-backs from the dealers?

41 posted on 10/14/2016, 7:11:22 PM by Tours

Not everyone on the same page though. This from the same people who tell us "free college isn't *free*, somebody has to pay for that!"

quote:

Druggies behind bars? What’s not to like about that?

71 posted on 10/14/2016, 10:18:24 PM by Ethan Clive Osgoode (Nuke Saudi Arabia now)

This has got to be the only time I've seen anyone unironically endorse that film:

quote:

I'm 100% certain you're a druggie who has repeated the same alcohol-related comment at least once for every puff of your bong. Get a copy of Reefer Madness and watch it.
85 posted on 10/15/2016, 12:39:56 PM by Ethan Clive Osgoode (Nuke Saudi Arabia now)

Wait, why is WMarshal on Freep in the first place if he's so woke?

quote:

I’m not saying that we have millions of Americans incarcerated at one time right now, what I’m saying is that once you have been convicted of a felony drug crime and have a criminal record, life becomes very difficult. These people have a tough time finding decent jobs, a tough time getting credit, getting into good colleges, etc. They are essentially burdened with an anchor that’s dragging them and into the permanent underclass.

The victims of the criminal justice system could be your friends, your family, and eventually even you.

46 posted on 10/14/2016, 7:18:18 PM by WMarshal (Trump 2016)

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 17, 2016

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

quote:

Kinda like ALGORE didn’t accept the results of the 2000 elections.

17 posted on 10/19/2016, 9:43:42 PM by gg188 (Americanism, not Globalism, will be our CREDO)

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Damning with faint praise:

quote:

He reduced sniffing.

His body language was more controlled.

At the VERY end he was stupid and didn’t plaster on a huge smile, acte like a winner, and charge over to falsely shake her hand. It would have looked Presidential. That was maybe the ONE stupid slip-up he did.

I thought it was sort of a draw.

The moderator was not as unfair as I predicted.

He really won #2 pretty clearly, and....I was hoping for that this time but it wasn’t a drubbing as I’d hoped.

When circulating in the post debate, he should have been SMILING and acting like a winner.

She is a much better charlatan than Donald.

22 posted on 10/19/2016, 9:45:04 PM by gaijin

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
We do need to hold a really high bar for thread title changes, lest it happen hourly.

quote:

Trump won of course. And I thought his adamant denial of the bimbos was very effective, as well as the issue of Hillary and the DNC paying people to incite violence. To me that’s huge and Hillary didn’t even deny that or that she was responsible for the bimbos, didn’t deny the women lied.

23 posted on 10/19/2016, 9:57:15 PM by Proudcongal (Make America great again! Make America safe again!)

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Even Freepers think that SovCits are crazy.

Not all:

quote:

Jury nullification. Working as designed by the founders.

2 posted on 10/27/2016, 6:33:22 PM by marktwain

quote:

That was a big FU to the fbi. And it it felt good!

15 posted on 10/27/2016, 6:55:44 PM by Ken H (Best election ever!)

And an interesting angle:

quote:

I kind of like this result but how many here were in support of nullification when the Black jury acquitted Simpson?

47 posted on 10/27/2016, 9:12:14 PM by xkaydet65

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 30, 2016

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Freep weed threads looking more and more biased pro:

quote:

“This spells the death knell for marijuana prohibition.”

AWESOME!!!

Vote Trump 2016

28 posted on 10/29/2016, 5:12:39 PM by TheStickman (Trump will be the 1st Pro America president since Reagan)

quote:

I wonder how many voters will be kited up when they float into the polling booth?
I was pretty blazed-up when I voted for Bob Dole in '96.

Man, those were good times...

15 posted on 10/29/2016, 1:37:01 PM by Drew68

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

The Haitian posted:

Wait, how does a Trump presidency "spell the death knell" for marijuana prohibition? Do they not know that the AG would probably be Chris Christie, who promised to crack down on legal weed?

E: I guess he or she is talking about the California ballot initiative. But my point stands.

No point making any joke about Christie guarding all the munchables for himself, so I'll just note that a 2015 poll has NJ 58% in favor of legalization. And barring any sudden evidence that legalization causes Mad Max scenarios, it's hard to imagine that gonot down. As always I remind folks that even in 2010 there were weed advocates predicting we wouldn't see state legalization in our lifetime, so things have turned a corner fast.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

McGlockenshire posted:

gently caress this email poo poo.

From 'Coffee should not come with political brainwashing!' Anger at Starbucks over green 'unity' cups... posted by freeper rickmichaels

It's from the Daily Mail because of course it is.

So this is the cup in question.
[timg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwIXE2-UEAA1hmt.jpg:large[/
I fear they're right. I'm not sure what shared values I actually have with the average freeper. I'm not sure that I'm comfortable with that.

What are your stances on dogs and weed?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Avoided this thread for months because I couldn't bear the expected smugness. Came back to see what Freep thinks of the Quebec mosque shooting (nothing yet?).

quote:

Thank God the patriots didn’t take their bait under the Obama Administration, as he would have sent in his people to kill us.

Oooooooh, *that's* why we didn't have violent revolts against Obama. Too smart to take the bait. Glad that clears that up.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Again, I see the news, and I know what Freep will say...

For the mosque shooting, multiple shooters were initially reported, but the cops now have just one suspect (and one witness who was initially a suspect), and it's a right-wing white guy.

These "false flag" folks are absolutely obsessed with every case where people say there are multiple shooters and it turns out to be one, because, y'know, it's not like panicked people in the middle of a massacre ever get confused. Initial eyewitness testimony is clearly the final word to them.

So yeah, expect Freep to be absolutely filled with "false flag" and convinced that either:
a) the Candian/Obama/etc government staged the attack to make people feel sorry for Muslims
b) the attack was Muslim-on-Muslim violence but the government is frantically doing a coverup, because it's not like the media ever reports on Muslim-on-Muslim violence worldwide
c) somehow, simultaneously both these things are true and fulfill all Freep prophecies

EDIT:

Again this is the freaky thing about "post-truth" media. *Somebody* spread out the word early that it was two specifically-named Syrian refugees, and somehow Fox named a Moroccan suspect. No idea where these things come from, but if they're making it into initial news reporting by some mysterious means, it just gives conspiracy theorists ample reason to believe that later investigations are all false.

Not to be paranoid, but is some of this just literally based on random troublemakers online seeing the news and just jumping on twitter to make up names (or take them off some website) just to stir up poo poo and get rumors going that serve their cause?

quote:

First it was three guys, then two. In the US press, it's down to one. A lot of confusion, per hoosiermama. What have you heard, OttawaFreeper? Marktwain's excerpt of an article here : "Suspect in Quebec mosque terror attack was of Moroccan origin, report shows Fox News ^ | 30 January, 2017 | Samuel Chamberlain, Ryon Gaydos, AP Posted on Mon Jan 30 08:45:22 2017 by marktwain The terror suspects were identified as Mohamed Khadir and Alexandre Bissonnette, the Canadian TV network TVA Nouvelles reported." http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3519171/posts?page=1#1 has different names than these guys in the tweet that RayOfHope posted: RayofHope wrote: Johnny Nava ‏@JustJohnny357 1h1 hour ago More #Québec #MosqueShooting attackers were #Syria refugees Wassim Boughadou & Tarek Sakr. Which is different than what hoosiermama found here: To: All Still trying to get confirmation on this one. May be FAKE news Re: murders in mosque In Canada This is unconfirmed so take this with a grain of salt: Minister Cage ‏@I_AmAmerica 1m1 minute ago QUEBEC SHOOTERS-identified as "Bashir al-Taweed" and "Hassan Matti" both are said to be SYRIAN REFUGEES who REPORTEDLY entered last week. 437 posted on Sun Jan 29 22:45:34 2017 by hoosiermama (When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice.DJT) [ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 436 | View Replies | Report Abuse] http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3518759 /posts?page=437#437

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 31, 2017

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Yup, so looks like Reddit trolls deliberately spread fake news that the attackers were Syrian refugees, which is assuredly now gospel in some quarters.

quote:

Adding to the disorder were hoaxes, including a viral tweet from a fake Reuters news account that named two “white supremacists” as the attackers, and another hoax, started at Donald Trump forums on Reddit, that claimed the gunmen were recent refugees from Syria.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

skaboomizzy posted:

They also want heightened surveillance/detention of guys named Jesus

Guys named Buddha still in the clear... for now.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

quote:

Meanwhile, thousands of kids are denied entry into the schools or jobs of their choice because their parents are white or Asian

What was that one study in California where they interviewed white people about Affirmative Action and how it effects white students vs minority students, and the only conclusion they could come away with was that the respondents' only guiding principle on the best policy was "whatever is good for white kids"?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

quote:

But, their marriages need to be made illegal and they should all be required to undergo gay conversion therapy.

Looks like we got us a moderate.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

quote:

They need to be arrested and charged with treason. If the Feds won't do it, it remains to us to do so.

*56yr old man from Arkansas shows up at Supreme Court building with his 30-06, is shot by security guards, Freep wipes all traces of his posts from their servers*

quote:

And if that doesn’t work, declare martial law for the next eight years,

Eight years of "Clinton is going to declare martial law!"

Eight years of silence.

Eight years of "Obama is going to declare martial law!"

Two weeks into new Republican administration: "Trump should declare martial law!"

quote:

If this is something we would support if the politics were reversed (i.e., on principle, not because of politics) then I support it.

Behold a rare example of introspection from Freep.

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 10, 2017

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

LolitaSama posted:

Theres always, (I think) a line they wont cross. Something that their beloved Trump could do or be, a label, that will break their bias towards that person.

They might find out that Trump is black???

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Three seconds on Google, what do I win?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Xiahou Dun posted:

I remember tried to shoot himself cause he was a fishman Welshman. Am I just blanking?

(I think it says tons about Lovecraft that I can't remember the correct dude-kills-himself-because-miscegenation story. )

ftfy

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

BLM in whiteface. That's how they getcha...

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
As always, the weirdness of Freep on weed:

New policy to decriminalize marijuana in Harris County will save time, money, DA’s office says

(this is Houston's county, so big news since I'm working on weed reform in TX)

quote:

To: Snickering Hound
Please got this story to Willie Nelson.

2 posted on February 16, 2017 at 11:05:32 AM CST by umgud
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]
A city cannot “decriminalize” a state law. What a poorly written article.

Sounds more like they are going to flout the law, like Democrats always do.

3 posted on February 16, 2017 at 11:11:09 AM CST by fwdude (Democrats have not been this angry since Republicans freed the slaves.)
drat! I live here.

4 posted on February 16, 2017 at 12:02:33 PM CST by Mi-kha-el ((There is no Pravda in Izvestiya and no Izvestiya in Pravda.))
To: TheStickman; dainbramaged; dljordan; beaversmom; varyouga; dware; T-Bone Texan
For your interest.

5 posted on February 16, 2017 at 1:03:06 PM CST by KC_Lion ("I'm a believer that you don't need a title, and you don't need an office to make a difference"~S.P.)
To: KC_Lion
Thanks for the ping.

If it’s legal under current state law for these municipalities to do this I see no problem with decriminalizing 4oz of cannabis.

It should have never been criminalized in the 1st place.

6 posted on February 16, 2017 at 1:30:22 PM CST by TheStickman (And their fear tastes like sunshine puked up by unicorns.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]
To: TheStickman
Wow, I do not think in my entire life I possessed 4 ozs of pot at one time.

That is a lot of pot.

PS: The drug awareness class: Do they cover the different doobie-rolling methods? I remember kids used to use a dollar bill, and I’m pretty sure they still sell those little doobie rolling devices.

They should cover all the different strains and the difference between them. Texans, IMO, tend to be ignorant of those nuances.

7 posted on February 16, 2017 at 2:28:03 PM CST by T-Bone Texan (:^¤)

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Man, it would be sweet if there was a "drug awareness class" that was a basically "how to do drugs primer" like that guy seems to think or hope (I seriously can't tell if that's being sarcastic and/or negative or sincere).

Segue, but at some point somewhere on the forum they posted links to some EU publications that were basically "hey, if you want to use drugs, here's the smart way to do it more-safely" for various drugs like heroin, crack, etc.

I found it pretty sobering (:rimshot:) that their alcohol brochure included tips like "make sure you book in several days per week with no alcohol to let your body recover" and "it's a really bad idea to mix alcohol with caffeine."

I thought, holy poo poo, the people telling you how to take *heroin* safely are basically saying that common alcohol practices in the US are unwise. Telling...

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Re Spicer's weed comments, most of the Freepeers commenting are against a crackdown, and some are whining that the news is overblowing this and it's fake news to rile up the left:

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3528454/posts

quote:

Every article about President Trump is written to first and foremost deliberately make him look bad.

Did Donald Trump spend a massive fortune Making America Great Again so he could send pot smokers in Colorado to jail? Doubtful.

If I were smoking weed in Boulder right now, I wouldn't worry too much.

11 posted on 2/23/2017, 7:16:14 PM by Drew68

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Still trying to parse this:

quote:

And why is an agency called PLANNED PARENTHOOD actually about UNPLANNED AVOIDANCE OF PARENTHOOD ?

17 posted on 2/24/2017, 10:22:26 PM by UCANSEE2 (Lost my tagline on Flight MH370. Sorry for the inconvenience.)

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Unsurprisingly Freep is thrilled that Trump is skipping the Correspondents Dinner:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3529063/posts?q=1&;page=51

quote:

ABOUT freaking time. This time-wasting idiocy isn’t what we elected Trump to do.

While they are all there, he should sign like ten executive orders cramming his reforms down their throat just showing that his agenda is not going to be slowed.

Good for Trump.

6 posted on 2/25/2017, 4:32:39 PM by ConservativeDude

quote:

“Wonderful! He boycotts what we boycott. That’s my President!”

Yup, I said to my wife the other day” “If I were DJT I wouldn’t go to that stupid dinner!” DJT is the honey badger and the honey badger don’t give a shiite!

34 posted on 2/25/2017, 4:13:29 PM by Batman11 ( The USA is not an ATM!)

quote:

“I will not be attending the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner this year. Please wish everyone well and have a great evening!”

Drops mic...turns & walks away.

54 posted on 2/25/2017, 4:30:39 PM by glasseye

Remember when Freep loved to call Obama "President Stompy Foot"?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Freep decries the lack of civility at town hall meetings... unless they don't get their way:

quote:

These jokers better get off their asses and get obamacare repealed— and our tax cuts or we will make those town halls look like prayer services.

14 posted on 2/24/2017, 4:28:11 PM by WENDLE (Watch this on John McCain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO0mHEJyC3Y)

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Random EOs and cramming things down peoples' throat is good now.

"I have a pen and a phone" in the face of do-nothing Congress was tyranny. Now he has both houses and somehow EOs are the only way to get things done?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I can only imagine what Freepers would've said last year if Obama had declared the right-wing media the "enemy of the American people" or referred to judges who blocked him as "so-called judges". I like to think that I'd have been horrified if he'd done so, since I'm not a total partisan hypocrite.

Basically imagine that for anything at this point; if Obama had skipped the WHCD it's be non-stop "hahaha Mr Uppity can't take a hit and needs a safe space!" Not to mention golf, frequent vacations, and how Freep would've gone ballistic if Michelle refused to move into the White House. It just doesn't stop, name your topic.

EDIT: I wanted to see when Freep last discussed martial law, and the last I've found was Freep waffling on whether Duterte's threats to declare martial law in the Philippines is a reasonable response to the Drug Menace or no. Then this popped up:

quote:

That man definitely has a problem with the rule of law — the Obama regime on steroids.

2 posted on 1/15/2017, 6:47:27 PM by Socon-Econ

Yes, Barack Obama, the man famously compared to Duterte.

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 26, 2017

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Overall Freep seems to be turning 60–40 in favor of weed overall, but it seems they're slipping both in their civility and their "family friendly" language these days:

quote:

People are smoking weed on public streets all over Oakland now. Smell was everywhere I went in downtown Oakland recently. Disgusting.

I hate the smell of that sh!t.

These potheads are deliberatley self-impaired and vulnerable. Next time, just walk up to them, pinch their joint, and stick the burning end of it into one of their eyes until it sizzles. The rest of 'em will lack the werewithal to retaliate agsinst you. :)

48 posted on 2/25/2017, 8:12:10 PM by Vision Thing (You see the depths of our hearts, and You love us the same...)

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
'You live in Trump country now': Gay couple attacked by drunk tourist, police say

Happened in Palm Beach, Florida.

quote:

This sounds like a lie. Not unlike the muslims who fake persecution to gain sympathy.

3 posted on 2/26/2017, 8:20:28 PM by RKV (He who has the guns makes the rules)

quote:

Called them faggots. Oh the horror.

14 posted on 2/26/2017, 8:28:30 PM by HARRY TUTTLE (Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less. R. E. Lee)

Surprisingly reasonable response:

quote:

Hate crime is not the issue.

He hit a bicyclist with a motorized scooter.

The issue is Vehicular Assault.

Tack on Leaving the Scene of an Accident and Failing to Render Aid.

That's prison time.
15 posted on 2/26/2017, 8:28:34 PM by Timpanagos1

quote:

Now when they say "attacked," do they mean the snowflake version of the word, as in "somebody said mean things to us" or do they mean the literal word, as in they were physically assaulted?

If it's the former, then maybe they should shut up and stop buggering each other. The tourist, drunken or not, has the right to express his opinion of their degeneracy. That's not a criminal act. If he assaulted them, it's a different story.

If it happened at all ...

But in either case, I'm sure it's because Trump sent his mind control rays searing into this guy's brain and turned him into a foot soldier in his homophobic zombie legion.
19 posted on 2/26/2017, 8:31:57 PM by IronJack

Decent 5yr old South Park reference:

quote:

How’d he know they were Harley riders ?

23 posted on 2/26/2017, 8:33:41 PM by fieldmarshaldj (Je Suis Pepe)

quote:

How many of us have been called gayslurs? It is a greeting common on the Left coast. Not only that but I have been slur’d as homo, islamo, transo and gynoslurs too.

50 posted on 2/26/2017, 9:18:46 PM by Glad2bnuts (If Republicans are not prepared to carry on the Revolution of 1776, prepare for a communist takeover)

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Feb 27, 2017

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
As always, Freep on Weed:

Sessions Beats War Drum on Pot Legalization, Concerning State Attorneys General

quote:

Mixed feelings.

I oppose legalization, and voted against it when MA wanted to legalize it last year — they won; I lost.

But I also support States’ Rights. I don’t agree that the federal government should control this sort of thing. The War on Drugs has certainly been a mixed bag, so big sweeping decisions at the federal level seem unjustified. Let the States pass laws and then watch and see which states are pleased with the various outcomes.

In short: I wish Sessions would focus on other things.

3 posted on 02/28/2017 10:43:54 AM PST by ClearCase_guy (Abortion is what slavery was: immoral but not illegal. Not yet.)

quote:

Pot has ruined more lives than just about any other drug. Lost motivation, lost career prospects lost self respect.

7 posted on 02/28/2017 10:52:02 AM PST by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)

Thankfully a lot of folks call central_va out:

quote:

“Pot has ruined more lives than just about any other drug. Lost motivation, lost career prospects lost self respect.”

I disagree - I think alcohol holds that crown. That’s not mentioning the millions of deaths. Marijuana doesn’t come close.

Tobacco is also despicable in light of how many it’s killed.

Say what you want, but marijuana has much less of an impact on the body than either - and virtually none if you eat it rather than smoking it. As with any recreational drug, using too much or too often isn’t a great idea - but there are plenty of functional, productive pot users.

13 posted on 02/28/2017 11:19:54 AM PST by PreciousLiberty (Make America Greater Than Ever!)

Not that that stops CVA:

quote:

Alcohol doesn’t have the long term dulling effect on the personality and brain function that pot does. I have seen the effects in action.

18 posted on 02/28/2017 11:29:14 AM PST by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)

At least one Freeper hates Mexicans more than hippies:

quote:

Sessions needs to stop wasting time on getting ‘them hippies!’ and get to work on 30 million illegals in the U.S., massive illegal voting by them, and equally massive crime by them.

If he’s trapped in 1968 and thinking of trying to resurrect the 1950’s, he was a mistake.

24 posted on 02/28/2017 11:55:40 AM PST by Regulator

Keeps getting called out, and still he persisted:

quote:

Alcohol is easily abused and a lot of people do get sh!+ faced drunk every day. But that is a tiny minority compared to the millions that may have an occasional drink weekly or even daily. Have a few and then they stop. Most just want to take the edge off. Getting sh!+ faced has not happened to them since college. Alcohol is a drug that can be used responsibly.

Pot on the other hand is smoked to get high, completely baked. Most pot smokers don't take a little to feel good, no they go full Cheech y Chong every time and almost every day. It is abused at every use or almost every use.

27 posted on 2/28/2017, 2:04:48 PM by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)

quote:

I think Marijuana should be regulated like other drugs.

And people should be able to grow their own and even buy and sell plants and seeds, but manufacturing it into drug form or selling the drug form should be regulated.

As a Christian, I regard getting “high” to be a sin. But I believe in personal responsibility up until the point where individual liberties encroach on the liberties of others. (So, for example, driving under the influence is a behavior that government rightly restricts.)

While my knowledge of the subject is very limited, I believe that juicing the leaves of a Marijuana plant supplies THCA (the precursor of THC) which has many health benefits and does not make people “high”.

We need to change federal laws to regulate the THC that comes from Marijuana while allowing states to implement the more stricter regulations that citizens of those states desire. Perhaps local standards would also be beneficial — like dry counties.

33 posted on 2/28/2017, 2:11:23 PM by unlearner (So much winning !!! It's Trumptastic!)

quote:

Sessions, this is not what people elected Trump to do. Get your priorities straight. Worry about the potheads AFTER you prosecute the corrupt politicians, root out the voter fraud, and destroy the domestic espionage network in the federal bureaucracy.

34 posted on 2/28/2017, 2:11:25 PM by Boogieman

*tries to change law*
"You can't legalize pot, it's *illegal*!"

quote:

I’m with Session here. Change the law. Or shut up.

41 posted on 2/28/2017, 2:18:29 PM by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)

quote:

What they should do is pass a federal statute allowing states to opt out of federal marijuana laws so that Sessions doesn’t need to deal with this.

44 posted on 2/28/2017, 2:21:10 PM by Brilliant

CVA somehow knows a bunch of hardcore stoners:

quote:

They are talking about heavy drinkers. I am talking about people that use alcohol in moderation. Nobody uses pot in moderation that I know. When they pick up the pipe they are not finished until they are completely baked.

52 posted on 02/28/2017 12:30:32 PM PST by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)

quote:

You need to move on from this subject Jeff.

State issue and people are going to get high no matter what.

Further, criminalizing users is stupid and unprofitable as well.

Sure, you may get a fine but, no way the covers the cost of their incarceration, parole oversight, etc.

You should instead work on decriminalizing use, Legalizing that market, regulate and tax it.

Make it a market you can actually tax to grow revenues instead of wasting time and money on this loser objective.

55 posted on 02/28/2017 12:39:58 PM PST by Vendome (I've Gotta Be Me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH-pk2vZG2M)

One of the rare enthusiastic supporters in the whole thread:

quote:

Go Sessions! Legalized pot and so called “medical” marijuana had led and is leading to the moral and cultural rot of American society.

59 posted on 2/28/2017, 2:43:22 PM by DouglasKC

Just heard the point go *whoosh*

quote:

I thought Ron and Rand both lost yet here we are.

Never smoked it in my life, no desire to. Letting neighboring states legalize it creates the same problem Mexico does. I remember when we had dry states and wet states we also had plenty of bootleggers.
84 posted on 2/28/2017, 3:51:30 PM by itsahoot (Return the power to the people, and Mexico will pay for the wall, 100%)

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
The one Freep post that summarizes their reaction to Trump's address tonight:

quote:

Triple AAA. For Absolutely Amazing American.

40 posted on February 28, 2017 at 9:42:16 PM CST by Main Street (Stuck in traffic.)

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
On an unrelated note, Freep is absolutely furious that there's a gay undercurrent in the new live-action Beauty and the Beast: http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3530141/posts

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Precious:

quote:

They will keep fighting Sessions. They dragged their heels confirming him. They called him racist. Didn’t work. They know it’s coming. Now they will call him a liar. Russian connection. It worked so well on Flynn. But, what they seem to forget, is the AG Sessions is the most honest and honorable man in Washington. He has been swimming in the swamp for years and it hasn’t tainted him. They are scared! And they should be.

50 posted on 3/2/2017, 8:13:34 AM by mouse1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Israel’s Cabinet votes to decriminalize recreational marijuana use

Every year, Freepers increasingly up-front about their weed use:

quote:

Good for Israel. I just picked up an ounce of 25% THC Indica called Sour Cherry Kush for $155. It is legal here in WA by a vote of the people. God bless Capitalism. God Bless America.

8 posted on March 5, 2017 at 3:42:39 PM CST by dainbramaged (Get out of my country now)