Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Freep: jonesing for a good declaration of martial law

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Budzilla posted:

War? That didn't workout well for any political entity named 'Georgia' last time.

The South was back to running an apartheid state within a few years and running the country as a whole within a generation.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Rebookmarked this thread after being unable to read it for 4 years. How I've missed it...

But seeing these same idiots say the exact same poo poo after 8 years of "we are now at war" under Obama is just so pathetic. You have to suspect that almost all of them have no families left.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
This thread has really delivered lately. It will never cease to amaze me how these people can be at Threat Level Midnight for years on end and have zero awareness about it.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Finnankainen posted:

Jim Robinson and his family need our prayers.

It seems she had been in a care facility for a long time, apparently neurological damage from a previous stroke.

I know I'm a better person than these ghouls because I actually felt really bad reading this. These are the scum of the earth but I can't help but pity anyone going through the long, agonizing goodbye of losing a spouse like this. That is legit sad and I feel for the guy, even knowing he's my enemy.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Zwabu posted:

savagesusie and lazmataz posting at each other... forever

I thought savagesusie died? Or is that the joke?

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
In any cult, there are levels of devotion. There are people who will sit and listen, donate time and money, or even go out and preach for the cult. Then there are people who will let the cult leader gently caress their wives.

Freep is the first group. The_Donald is the second.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
This is the good poo poo. Them being in denial this hard and shouting down any semblance of accepting reality means they are going to cry like loving babies come January.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Imagine being such a loving loser that you're in your 30s and are asking a bunch of 70 year old fascists for parenting advice.

Imagine asking a baby boomer advice on anything other than how to be a gigantic racist man baby.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Freep: Free States vs. Vaccine States

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Generally if someone says they are in the "military" it's because they are in the air force or navy. Soldiers and marines will almost always claim their branch while airmen and sailors like to let people make assumptions.

I'm guessing the number of Freepers who served in combat arms is extremely low. It's always the air force supply people who end up driving the lifted trucks with molon labe stickers.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
The best freep times are when they snap at each other. The ONE place they feel safe becoming a back biting coven of old assholes yelling at each other is just so loving delicious.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

NecroBob posted:

Coming off a four year hiatus, is savagesusie even still around?

Someone said a few pages back that she hasn't posted in a couple years. Probably dead.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
lol these fucks tried to rewrite the Bible taking all the "liberal" parts out in favor of focusing on the majesty of free markets.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Jagged Jim posted:

Freep likes the idea of troops but does not like actual troops themselves.

As has been pointed out, they don't like the idea either. In their fevered fantasies where they rise up and become warrior patriots, the people they'd be killing are American soldiers. They don't give a single gently caress about the idea of troops. The only thing they give a poo poo about is themselves and their desire to see people they hate suffer. That's it. Everything else is secondary. They are fascists in every sense. Everything they do or say makes absolute sense in that context.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Elea posted:

Impressed Freep still has some dissent along conservative lines about Trump's $2000 proposal.

They are starting to cope with the fact that Trump lost. If he's a loser, they don't have to defend everything he does.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Nope. I read that thread with a smile. These people are Nazis and their misery is one small shred of evidence that being a piece of poo poo of that magnitude does indeed have consequences.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Some of them seem to love their dogs

Sociopaths can still emulate human feelings for babies and animals. Those attachments are not meaningful in the context of empathy. Hitler for example was a huge dog person and his GSD Blondie was his best friend.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
The point being that liking dogs does not mean a person has a moral compass or is capable of being a good person. That Trump notoriously hates animals really brings into focus how big a piece of poo poo he is.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
I'm the guy over here dying laughing, imagining Donald Trump trying to rake leaves.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

VitalSigns posted:

This isn't too weird, people really really loving hate phonies and liars.

On the other hand, Donald Trump is the most popular Republican of all time among Republicans. And he's also the biggest phony and liar.

Also, Ted Cruz is not honest. He went on and on about how Trump was a liar and a danger to the country and then jumped right in line to lick his rear end for 4 years. There are no honest Republicans. They are all lying pieces of poo poo. AOC, Ilhan Omar, Talib, and Bernie are pretty much the only semi-honest people in national politics.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
My favorite thing about Freep is the never ending, constant reveal that they are complete loving cowards. They are always just on the verge of doing something, but they never, even decades later, have done poo poo. "All Trump has to do is say the word" hahahaha and what rear end in a top hat? What the gently caress are any of these obese 70 year olds going to do?

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Freep: But we can use canes and crutches

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

C'mon, you know exactly what she thought, every word she speaks and her tone of voice and body language and just the raw fact of her existence make it blindingly obvious. Her entire worldview and all her previous life experiences taughter her that being maced is what happens to Black thugs and the police are her own personal on-call private guard, and she's somewhat shocked to have that mental framework shattered.
What's funny is I couldn't agree more with that sentiment, but for the exact opposite reasons it was meant.

There are stills showing that she had half an onion stuffed in that towel. The whole thing was an attempted grift.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Freep: I Am Crying

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Xiahou Dun posted:

Inching ever closer to what I've been waiting to see from Freep for years : someone no poo poo advocating for the return of sundown towns.

We all know like half of them want them, so it's just a question of who will bring it up first.

Half?

Also, it's endlessly entertaining to see that these fucks still haven't settled on a coherent narrative for the attempted insurrection. It was Soros-backed leftists / true patriots / antifa / gods army / misguided and misled saps

I hope they never pick one.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
I find the attempts to explain racism as mental disorders or a reaction to environmental factors less than appealing. These people have agency. They are not victims, they are oppressors.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Yeah threads like these serve to remind us that although these people can occasionally be witty they are absolute scum and are a legitimate threat to the lives of minorities and anyone to the left of Pinochet.

They want everyone who disagrees with them to be killed.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Uh, you aren't going to get it. They're just racists.

That's it.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
These people have agency. They aren't victims.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Freeper tears are the best topping on this. It makes me so happy to know these people are dying off in such a state of pure misery and hopelessness.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
"if" lol

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
The one true consolation I have wrt Freepers is that they are old and dying. Sure there are a few gen Xers in the bunch but within a decade most will be dead. I am thankful so many of them lived to see Trump lose though.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Guys it's not racist to call black people gorillas. Also I am not a racist.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Zeroisanumber posted:

If they dropped the other poo poo and just ran hard on cutting taxes and being deficit hawks they'd win every suburban vote in America.

The fundamental problem with the GOP is that people who would consider doing this don't generally win GOP primaries any more, and certainly not Presidential ones in the wake of Trump.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
There isn't an "outcry" because the video starts in the middle of an ongoing fight and no one was actually hurt. It's quite possible the white woman did something to provoke or instigate the fight and just because a fight is one sided doesn't mean anything criminal happened. These people concern trolling about it are just racists, that's it. They see a black woman winning a fight against a white woman and their racist brains start pumping dopamine. Context and analysis, as well as questions of ethics, are for non-racists. Racists don't get to engage in discussions like these because they are only using them as cover to spread racism.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Tebow is also a charisma black hole who humble bragged about being a virgin and was one of those assholes who went on "mission trips" to poor African countries and made sure to film himself the whole time. He's an annoying douchebag and even had he been an NFL phenom people would have hated him.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
If Trump had won reelection and pushed for the vaccine, the anti vax crowd would be much smaller. A lot of it is sour grapes from Trump losing. They're just dipshit babies throwing a tantrum.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Laughing at the absurdity of people who couldn't walk up 3 flights of stairs thinking they are Patrick swayze from Red Dawn isn't punching down, fat shaming, or making fun of the disabled. It's the disconnect from reality that's funny, not the reality itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
I think it's a question of whether or not highlighting the hypocrisy of the Right is a worthwhile expenditure of energy. On the one hand, there are a hundred million chuds out there that are completely lost and nothing will sway them. On the other, there are a few people that don't like the hypocrisy and can be persuaded. Also, it's reasonable to make the point that just completely ceding all rhetorical ground to the Right is a dangerous gambit.

I don't think there's a correct answer.