Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007
I'm flabbergasted that one Freeper actually still seems like a human.

quote:

The cops don’t care what color you are when you make them nervous.
That's a problem. I don't care what cops consider "hinky" - as long as I do nothing to threaten an officer of the law, I expect to be treated fairly and with respect, not shot dead for no good reason. I'll wait until all the facts are in before passing judgment, but from what I've seen of the video so far, the man who was shot did not behave in a threatening fashion.

Although I like that this still comes about after the guy died. Like, in this country, we do this weird thing called due process without violating your life, liberty, or property (note the first one). We probably shouldn't have the all too common scenario of shoot first, then see if the obviously black bad guy is actually a good guy afterwards and then complain about any injustice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007

quote:

Ball player protests are nothing but bad manners and acting out by a bunch of illiterate, over entitled, roided up, anti American punks.
Because nothing is more anti-American than playing football.

*shows picture of $25 million high school football stadiums in God Fearing Texas*

Uhhh... that's different, those are good ole boys and blah blah....

Joshmo fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Sep 23, 2016

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007

jojoinnit posted:

Dalereed (I can only see at as one word now) was also irreligious and was way more of a cranky contrarion than anything else, at least compared to the typical Freeper. Also the list of things he disliked was far reaching and hilarious. Hats. Skim milk. Unleaded gasoline.

Plus he talked about banging his teacher in his hot rod in the 50s? In our dreams freep is that much fun instead of just sad/infuriating.
<cranky:freep:post>To be fair, skim milk is pretty terrible and most people who seem to wear hats are obnoxious or are the type of person who lets everyone infer they just played, or are about to play, a round of golf (pro-tip, no one gives a poo poo). </cranky:freep:post>

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Also he is 53 and that means he grew up with the movies of the 60s and 70s. Those movies were not all innocents and pure as he would like to think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Innocents_(1961_film) :downsrim:

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007

Radish posted:

These are the ones I find the most sad and funny. All these idiots want out of a leader is someone to lay what they think are sick burns on their enemies and ignore any sense of decency or decorum to do so. That's what they consider a tough fighter to do. Even sadder is that what they, and I assume are 50+ year old people, consider a sick burn is so lame there's no way anyone even reacts to any of it because oh no some guy in the audience that's part of a right wing conspiracy theory no even related to the person in the debate... It's just so feckless but they think it's badass because they are incredibly pathetic toolbags.

They're macho stance is one of the things I love to look out for, because, on the surface it seems they want to be tough and physical, but are really softer (not that there's anything wrong with this) than your average Fake Liberal.

They say they want to murder everyone in the country who disagrees with them or when laws get overturned and they disagree with this decision, and they need to burn down mosques, government buildings, occupy land, break laws, etc., yet riots formed in response to the government are bad because of potential property damage, physical harm, and broken laws, and these people must be dealt with harshly... by the government... that they supposedly hate.

Us libs are weak-kneed pussy worshippers becoming more and more feminized by the day (I mean, this does describe me pretty well), yet everyday we apparently also go to Trump rallies beating up people, forming previously mentioned riots, bringing the population to its knees, and this scares the bajeezus out of Freep as they hole up in their literal, physical, safe space.

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007
Where are all these roving bands of lesbian girl scouts, and are any of them age appropriate?

Jagged Jim posted:

Is it too late to go over to the Muslim Shadow Government? It sounds a lot nicer than the one we have now.
These things never make sense to me. I'm re-watching the X-Files to get ready for finally seeing season 10, and I have to wonder, once you break away from a real government, how do you keep your power? Like, why are a handful of old dudes able to order around the US Military? You'd think someone in the actual Military would be like, and you guys are? Oh, you started a secret club in 1973, that's cute. Aliens, you say, sure buddy; here's some toffee and hard candy.

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Hey! I found a Freeper in the wild!

This is too smart, I can't even figure it out.

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007

Some Douche posted:

The U.S. is not immune. According to Sennels, “One study based on 300,000 Americans shows that the majority of Muslims in the USA have a lower income, are less educated, and have worse jobs than the population as a whole.”
I love it when they try to justify their lovely opinions with shittier research, because a 12-second search and skimming Wikipedia leads me to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_United_States#Education_and_income

Evil Liberal Hivemind Wikipedia posted:

Contrary to popular perceptions, the condition of Muslims in the U.S. is very good. Among South Asians in the country, the large Pakistani American community stands out as particularly well educated and prosperous, with education and income levels exceeding those of U.S.-born whites. Many are professionals, especially in medicine (they account for 2.7-5% of America’s physicians),[104][105] scientists, engineers, and financial analysts, and there are also a large number of entrepreneurs. There are more than 15,000 medical doctors practicing medicine in the USA who are of Pakistani origin alone[106] and the number of Pakistani American millionaires was reported to be in the thousands.
This shouldn't be surprising. Pretty much every large immigrant group that's come to the US since the end of WWII has done exceptionally well for themselves.

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007
:freep: "Kids these days not respecting their elders. Why are so many Americans disrespecting the flag? What ever happened to just sitting back and listening and deferring to others?"

:911: :freep: "WE GOTTA ACT LIKE rear end MONKEYS TO GET NOTICED. IS IT WORKING? MURICA!" :freep: :911:

I'm trying to get more active writing anything at all, hopefully of some substance, on these forums just because sometimes what's in my head isn't necessarily what I really feel, or I can't figure out the phrasing or complete my train of thought and writing it down helps to sort things out. Lots of times I realize I really don't know as much about something as I thought when I see it all on page and cancel out of the editor and go back to reading or doing research or trying to find better ways to put things into perspective.

Yet these guys write down and agree with things that flagrantly disagree with concepts you would think form the very bedrock of their belief system and somehow their brains don't explode. The cognitive dissonance these people experience has to affect them in some way.

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007

McGlockenshire posted:

Let's have a creamy snack before diving into freep being freepy.

From 'Go ahead' and breastfeed in church: Pope posted by freeper Olog-hai
:freep: Hates gay people. Wants everyone to know how masculine-ly manly they man.
"Hey, look at that woman over there just whipping out a titty in public."
:freep: Eww, gross.

quote:

Exposed boobs can get you arrested for public exposure but for some reason those same boobs are supposed to be perfectly acceptable if they have a baby attached to them. Nope, sorry, can’t have it both ways.
Is this guy somehow implying women created these public indecency laws but now also want their show their boobs as long as a baby is attached, and so they're hypocrites? The same women who are actively trying to get rid of these public indecency laws?

Joshmo fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jan 9, 2017

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007
This seems to be part of Republican Memory Syndrome, where everything was peachy and perfect before the government put any part of their hand in anything (even if it was actually there decades prior). No memories exist of the Pre-Government time, only the Dark Days. This is convenient because it helps erase all memories of when healthcare prices were skyrocketing since the 70s and we all had lovely private insurance at one time and literally everyone in the country complained about health insurance every single day before 2010.

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007

quote:

To: Lorianne

I wouldn’t mind punching him!

7 posted on 01/24/2017 9:34:22 AM PST by big bad easter bunny
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]
Right or wrong, pacifism is one of those things I always felt was one of my few seriously held beliefs, but when I see this post, smile, and say, a freeper who makes sense, maybe I didn't hold it as dearly as I thought and maybe it wouldn't hurt to adapt a little bit.

quote:

I still haven't found an explanation as to why these women are doing what they're doing, plus, why are there men in this group? Other than hatred, and that can't be all for Trump, what. exactly, are they doing this for?
Dan Carlin always likes to joke that even during the 60s, there were probably at least a sizeable chunk of men and women who went to protests to pick up dates, so I mean, seriously? No reason, even a bad one, why a man would go join up with tens of thousands of women?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007

Psychlone posted:

And there's the "liberal fascists". What the heck is a liberal fascist? Liberalism is at direct opposite poles of fascist and racism! Who could possibly think this way?

Jonah Goldberg?