Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

These people are truly awful but their tears are the sweetest ambrosia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

They're so angry about everything.

In case anyone wants to relive a little past glory here is page 594 of the old freep thread the day gay marriage was legalized. A very fine vintage but actually starting on page 585 or so might be a better idea since this came down right after they got their confederate flags taken away from them and also right after SCOTUS upheld the healthcare subsidies which made for good schadenfreude appetizers.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

I stood SSDF a bit during my time in the Navy and one of the things they repeatedly hammered into our heads during training was you are only authorized to use deadly force in VERY specific circumstances. In all other cases, we were only to use enough force necessary to stop the action.

So assuming this situation happened in the military and this person was believed to be a threat, the correct response would be to shoot the guy in the leg or something, as that would likely stop him. If a guy is waving a gun around and acting crazy, you shoot his arm. You don't just aim at his chest and unload.

Why the hell do Freepers think that cops should have less restrictions on use of deadly force than the loving military? I mean besides the obvious "they're hateful racist shitheads" part. Oh wait, I guess that's the only part, huh.

Uh I was in the Navy myself and if you are using a firearm then you are aiming center mass and shooting to kill. Targeting specific body parts like arms or legs was specifically explained as fantasy nonsense because if the situation doesn't call for lethal force then you shouldn't be using your weapon in the first place. It's true that there are alot of restrictions on when lethal force is to be used but if you are pulling your gun it's to kill not disable.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Hmm yeah Im sure Washington, Adams and Jefferson would have hated the idea of someone who was born a British subject becoming President.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Pence has already since mentioned he is sticking with Trump, not gonna happen.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Actually Freep threads regarding those new allegations were posted but the mods are deleting any threads discussing them apparently.

Freep posted:

To: Donglalinger
I’ve seen the claims.

I doubt they are true. It sounds too much like a *He did it too* kind of tactic.

And the timing is too coincidental.

I guess I can see why they are pulled. Why leave something that’s nothing more than supermarket gossip rag reliable up on FR and damage its reputation?

23 posted on 10/12/2016, 10:13:00 PM by metmom (...fixing our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

HappyHippo posted:

here for the impending weeping and gnashing of teeth

Not empty quoting.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

The only time I've seen Trump in person is when he threw the first pitch at a Cubs game. I didn't know anything about him at the time but I remember everyone booed him when he stepped onto the field.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I think it's because alot of the more uh "reasonable" freepers have been ground away over the years so now you have a higher concentration of people who just want to type angry words on the internet.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Women on average need less resources to survive and marginally better upper body strength isn't going to be much of an advantage in these sorts of extreme environments is what I've always been told.

^this^

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Some real top tier unhinged psychopath Freep posts right there :kiss:.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

It is really lame how they constantly go on about CW2 and watering the tree of liberty etc etc but when that is actually attempted and then participants face consequences it's all "drat BLM antifa provocateurs!!!". Just pathetic.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Tony Phillips posted:

Found it in an old post in this thread:

Really not sure if it's a pack of smokes but the Hell if I'm not going to pretend it's a 12 oz can of beer and that Dale Reed was just that big a giant hate ogre.

Pretty sure that's a can of Bud. Either way that blurred photo is a perfect encapsulation of freep, maybe even moreso because of the poor quality.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I believe swearing is verboten because Freep is a good upright Christian forum and not a den of sin. I don't know how strictly that's enforced though.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

DEMANDING ASSylum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

It would suck if the government found out my social security number.