Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

As someone who used to* and rarely still does** wear a hat with a brim, they're being idiots. You can either lower the headrest, lean forward or god forbid take your loving hat off.

Also, older cars just didn't have head rests or had the same problem. You can't really be a good head rest if you only go up some arbitrary (and different between people) amount of head.

I know this is super dumb, but this doesn't even make sense.

*I was a teenager and it was before the whole brony fedora Thing. 17 year old me thought it was cool 10 years ago. (I was wrong.)

**They're not good looking, but they do a good job of keeping the rain off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

SocketWrench posted:

Jesus gently caress! Jim crow v2.0
Seriously, gently caress your rights as a citizen. For being the fuckers always screaming "are freedums" they sure like the idea of restricting everyone elses

Do I have to even mention that this "conveniently" ignores that woman are people, and just assumes that they shouldn't vote?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Feinne posted:

I don't know if I can actually call Lovecraft more racist than freep anymore, and he literally wrote a story where a man burned himself alive because he learned he was a secret black person white ape-man.

I remember tried to shoot himself cause he was a fishman. Am I just blanking?

(I think it says tons about Lovecraft that I can't remember the correct dude-kills-himself-because-miscegenation story. )

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Jagged Jim posted:

That about sums it up.

E:

If God didn't want you dying from injury and disease He wouldn't have given them to you in the first place! :colbert:

I know they certainly don't care but this is an argument against the concept of medicine itself

Think about that.

(Obviously this gently caress wants anything to extend their own life. Of course.)

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Deptfordx posted:

Remember it hasn't been that long since Fox news had to apologise for labeling the Uk city of Birmingham a 'Muslim no-go area' where non-muslims fear to tread.

Wait. The gently caress? When did that happen? Huh?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Well gently caress. I asked. God drat it Freep

I'm not going to quote the specific quote cause I'm on my phone, but I'm a white guy who lives in Harlem actually and they're really god drat nice. Like the "worst" I've ever gotten is people in my building refer to me as "the white guy" (cause I'm the only white guy), and some mild ribbing about how bad my Spanish is. These assholes are constantly talking about some urban slum gangland bullshit, and here I am in Harlem and my neighbors made me churros from scratch the other day. Hot drat.

Also from a quick google NYC has the highest Muslim population in the US... at around 70,000. About twice as much as the NYPD's active duty roster. So even if their supposed muslim uprising happens it could be thwarted by the cops.

But what am I doing with facts and reality and actually talking to people.

PS they were pretty great churros.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Totally off topic but I'm really curious why you can only hunt turkeys with a shotgun.

Like, I'm familiar enough that I know most people hunt turkey with shotguns, but I'm wondering why someone would make it a legal requirement. Was there an epidemic of people pistol-hunting turkeys????

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Also anyone being super preachy is annoying.

(The annoying vegans/vegetarians/whatevers have usually been doing it like a couple months. Most actual people following a restrictive diet don't give a poo poo and it only cones up if it's relevant, like yeah your vegetarian friend might politely request going to a different restaurant sometimes cause they can't really eat. In my experience and everyone I know, the conservative version that slaps your hot dog out of your hand, in as much as it exists, has been doing it for like 3 weeks. Recent converts being devout and all that. )

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I'm just amazed about that incredibly in-depth made up narrative.

That racist spent some serious time on their made up little hypothetical.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

How do these people do anything? It just sounds exhausting.

I try to make sure to bring my pocket knife everywhere... because it's useful to open boxes and be a screwdriver and poo poo and I sometimes miss it when I forget it. And my friends think I'm totally weird. (I grew up much more rurally where carrying a knife was normal and the habit traveled. )

I literally live in a "bad" part of East Harlem*, but any times

I've had negative experiences, it's the rare case when I decided to intervene in a shady thing and then like sometimes people call me "snowflake", ; which lol is nothing/

*I've said this before and I don't want to be a dick about it but it provides a nice parallel.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

It's also just flat wrong in its premise because, e.g. China has poo poo tons of ethnic groups (Hmong, Hakka, Hui, etc.) that are not classic Chinese Han ethnicity and they're just ignorant.

It only works if you take it as axiomatic that "all those people are the same", which they would emphatically tell you is not the case.

Feel free to mention poo poo like the Yakut in Russia or the (tiny, dwindling, ignored as gently caress) Ainu in Japan.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

O yeah I was just using China as a nice example since I know it cold ; the whole argument is entirely built on some bullshit foundations that make even engaging with it suspect.

See also the whole loving glossing over "African" identities as if they were a monolith, which I know just enough about to know that my ignorance is cavernous.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Criminals????

(Obviously not what they meant.)

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

SatansOnion posted:

I've heard all about these challenges! They recruit at rainbow parties, after luring their victims into huffing jenkem to make their psyches pliable

I can't what how huh???????????

I'm literally trying to have some content rather than just a line of question marks but I can't even begin to parse that madness.

It's like half a dozen recursive kinds of crazy in one post.

???????????????????????

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I still don't understand the hatred of blue hair.

Like for the old people that just hate hair dye I guess I understand, but there are young people complaining about this.

Why??????? It's a color. If you're dying your hair it can be pretty much any color. Why the gently caress is this a problem?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Yeah but that's not actually an explanation, that's saying, "They're loving crazy."

Which I fully admit is the answer but horrifically want to solve the puzzle of their broken psyches.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Ah, I see you've met my cousins, and their sisters, Lexington and Madison.

Is the middle child named "Park"?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Brooklyn.

Actually, I think it's spelled Brook-Lynne.

I'm really glad someone got the joke ; I was really worried that was too specific.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

That was probably the shortest ratio to a wikipedia page loading and me noping the gently caress out. Whelp.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

In the Northeast "barbecue" and "grill" are used as synonyms.

I do not agree with this practice but it is a sad fact.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Who?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Well gently caress.

:stare:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Wait was it confirmed to be fake?

(I read the first 5 pages of the linked thread and hosed off ; Jon Pop exists so who the gently caress knows.)

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

And?????

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

O god that image hurts my brain.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Minenfeld! posted:

The definition of "white" has changed over the years.

I'm blond and blue-eyed and look like Hitler's wet dream. I even play the loving mandolin. I am so god drat white I bleed artisanal mayonnaise. I poo poo NPR tote bags.

I would be considered "colored" until relatively recently. Cause I'm German.

Racism is really, really weird.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

O gently caress no. I live in NYC.

But that would've been true 100-150 years ago.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

So the idea is that less informed people with guns would do better?

That I as a teacher, who is concentrating on, you know, teaching, would do better than an armed guard who apparently failed?

I have a head-ache now.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

What's her beef with Prussia of all places?

It hasn't even been a country for almost 150 years.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I'm just hovering, waiting to hear their response from Daniels suing Trump.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

"the Bismark"?

Does he mean the boat or is this like how old people say "the drugs"?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Things freep doesn't understand += the concepts of self and monitoring.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I must be parsing you wrong : was there an openly gay superhero in a non-modern movie I'm forgetting?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

O word. Sorry!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Well yeah. Actually being tolerant is obviously something inhumanly possible.

We only tolerate "those queers" because of all the Soros-bucks we get.

Obviously.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

NYC resident chiming in to say I can get a cup of coffee and a pizza for under 8$ by literally walking across the street. Like, I am currently looking out my window at it.

And yeah it's expensive, but, like, that means 1,500$ a month and we have a doorman and a gym and poo poo included.

Of course Freep would never be able to handle this because it's Harlem so there are black and hispanic people around.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

She has a loving PhD in a pretty cutthroat field.

No, she's not an idiot, Freep. She's probably smarter than all of you combined. You don't get a PhD in a research field out of a box of loving Cracker Jacks.

Jesus loving christ.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I just got laid off. If someone gives it to me in a way that doesn’t give the authors money, I’m down.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I’m so glad all my grand-parents were either sweet and wonderful and empathetic or died relatively young.

Now if only I could get my gross rear end brother in law to gently caress off since he wants my sister to be a stay at home mom despite her being up for partner in a law firm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Okay...

So everyone pretty much explained (in as much this weird rear end behavior can be "explained") most of my questions but.

Why is he on the set of The Martian?