Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Scratch Monkey posted:

The violent crime rate in the US is the lowest it's been in 50 years. These people live in a fear bubble.

That data stops at 2017.

2020 and 2021 were when it spiked ~35%.

It is still lower than the highs of the late 80's and early 90's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Somehow, the Freeper who has been watching Trump for 8 years and claims to worship him, yet still doesn't know that he got rich from real estate is the most surprising area of ignorance I have seen on Freep in a while.

Followed closely by the person claiming that millions of Americans are starving because illegal immigrants have eaten all the food in America.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

I don't think Michelle Obama thinks about Barack Obama as much as the average Freeper.

It is kind of impressive how they have continued to work the 2008 Presidential election into modern conspiracy theories to maintain villain continuity.

Other than maybe Pelosi, their hatred seems halfhearted at best for every politician except Obama.

The "Fear of a black President" Freeper thread title continues to be the most accurate.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

If Jews aren't white, then why do I have a Mumford and Sons playlist on my phone?

Checkmate, Freep.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Making tax fraud a crime is a bill of attainder. They passed it back in the 1700's to specifically target Donald Trump.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Zwabu posted:

The Guardian article doesn't even say that the dog actually bit her. It just quotes the book saying the dog turned to bite her, which even well behaved dogs will do if, say, they are hurting someplace and you pick them up by that part etc.

She doesn't claim it ever bit anyone. She just says it "turned to bite" her when she went to pull the chicken out of its mouth. She later says that this incident is what finally convinced her that the dog was a danger to "anyone she came in contact with," but never says it had actually ever bit a human.

According to Noem, the only thing Cricket ever attacked were the chickens.

quote:

When Noem finally grabbed Cricket, she says, the dog “whipped around to bite me”. Then, as the chickens’ owner wept, Noem repeatedly apologised, wrote the shocked family a check “for the price they asked, and helped them dispose of the carcasses littering the scene of the crime”.

Through it all, Noem says, Cricket was “the picture of pure joy”.

“I hated that dog,” Noem writes, adding that Cricket had proved herself “untrainable”, “dangerous to anyone she came in contact with” and “less than worthless … as a hunting dog”.

“At that moment,” Noem says, “I realised I had to put her down.”

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

soviet elsa posted:

I really want to see this raging pack of unstoppable corgis, french bulldogs, dachsunds, etc charging down to the chicken coop if I’m being honest.

Technically, the Chihuahua is the most aggressive dog breed.

Nobody cares because they can't do as much damage as a larger dog, though.

Much like French Bulldogs, they are adorable genetic monsters made by man who would never survive in the wild because they are 9-pound dogs who have overdeveloped food defense aggression and want to aggressively defend their territory from dogs 10x their size.

https://ilovechihuahuas.medium.com/...se%20mechanism.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Barrel Cactaur posted:

That article represents the degradation and distruction of our language. It's a barely coherent pile of search terms that doesn't even offer links to its vaguely cited sources.

Here's a link to the article and nugget they are referencing:

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/09/pit-bulls-are-chiller-than-chihuahuas/500558/

quote:

In almost every measure, out of the 35 most common breeds, Chihuahuas were reported as the most aggressive, especially toward bigger dogs they have not seen before. But before Chihuahua owners start picketing, none of the breeds were particularly aggressive. Chihuahuas peaked out at being moderately aggressive on some measures but were usually on the “sometimes aggressive” end of the spectrum. They only stood out because most other breeds—including pugs, collies and King Charles Cavalier Spaniels—were “seldom aggressive” or “never aggressive.”

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Is it progress that half of Freep acknowledges that gay relationships can be based on love and they believe an all gay fighting force could possibly outperform a straight unit in what they view as the most masculine, aggressive, and honorable activity?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

InsertPotPun posted:

no toilet paper, beans, or yeast. thousands dying a day. trump literally stealing from states.
peace. and prosperity for all.

I saw that and was legitimately confused if he meant 6 years ago and accidentally typed "less than 4 years" or if they really thought May 2020 through January 2021 when Missouri was literally under a mandatory military curfew, there were riots and peaceful protests being put down by police in most major cities, the Capitol was stormed, thousands of people were dying per day from a mishandled pandemic, and 21% unemployment represented "peace and prosperity."

I know Freep lives in an alternate reality sometimes, but even that seems extreme.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

BiggerBoat posted:

Stupid question but is there any god damned thing that would ever, under the sun, make these people happy? Or at least not so angry? There really doesn't seem to be an end game here. Mass death penalty executions, nuking the middle east, rounding up all homosexuals...no taxes at all.

I doubt that even a Christian Theocratic government would much satisfy them.

The only times I can remember Freep being unambiguously happy were when Trump was elected, Palin was chosen as VP, and for about 2 days when it seemed like Trump was going to repeal Obamacare before they lost their minds when McCain unexpectedly voted no.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Going from "The Boy Scouts" to "The Scouts" with a parent organization called "Scouting For America" seems like the least incredible name change they could possibly do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Love the Freeper who can't resist humble bragging about how his 401(k) RMDs are so big that it is pushing him into the highest tax bracket, while also talking about how bad Biden has been for the stock market.