Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah sure keep your powder dry, fellow liberals and progressives

This is easy for me to say because I'm white and Canadian, but I don't think adding more guns is going to help anyone

Fellow Canadian here, it's a bit of a false equivalency to say minorities that have been repeatedly targeted by the winning candidate of the election seeking to arm themselves is the same as paranoid people with a persecution complex thinking they'll have to overthrow the government by force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
In Canada we have Thanksgiving in October, and this year my parents were on vacation overseas. Not having to attend a dinner full of loud relatives and their children was bliss. I ordered a pizza and watched Netflix.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
gently caress you, I love my family but my family is huge. When we get together it's an all day event with dozens of people. It's exhausting and I see most of them regularly throughout the year. It was nice to have a long weekend to myself for once and you don't get to self righteous me into not appreciating that because you made assumptions.

Comparing people to Freepers. Have you no decency?

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
Hell, at my family dinners we just put out a bunch of food buffet style and people help themselves while catching up and conversing. Freepers Thanksgivings sound uptight and uncomfortable.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

robotsinmyhead posted:

I love how FReep handwaves away the burden of proof.

Trump says 3 million illegal votes with no evidence and they simply say, "Oh prove him WRONG!" rather than make any attempt to prove him right.

It's obvious why, but yet another reason why 'we are so hosed'

The Fake Media empire that pushes the right wing agenda has been building this lattice work of bullshit for years now and no one stopped them.

I'm down for proving him wrong. It would probably involve a recount.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

quote:

Like dropping roofing nails in the Google parking lot? Not saying anyone should do it ... just sayin

US Tech Sector brought to it's knees

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
I started following these Freep threads during the Obama terms and then took a long break, and it's neat coming back and seeing that America has died yet again for what must be the 80th time on Freep.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
I believe it was Stephen Hawking who said "People who brag about their IQ are losers."

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
I forgot how violently the Freep thread can swing from hilarious to disgusting depending on the topic.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean whats wrong with that? if i were single, id rather get messages from women who were actually interested for once instead of sending messages into the void to various ladies and never hearing back for various reasons.

Don't you get it man!? A woman initiating contact makes YOU the woman! And that is a "Bad Thing"(TM)

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
I had no idea Texas ran on so much green energy, how progressive.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
I know it's probably the least egregious post in that last collection, but that Freeper who thinks I'd trade my full and luscious Indigenous hair that will turn into a brilliant silver mane as I age for the thin, receding hair of a white man is loving bonkers.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Lemniscate Blue posted:

"They want to redistribute the means of reproduction!"

I've actually seen a few Incels LARPing as communists trying this angle with leftist women on Reddit.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Jurgan posted:

Reminder that the word "incel" was coined by a lesbian or bisexual woman before the alt-right ruined it.

They definitely turned it into something else, but I'm not sure making "I suck poo poo at getting laid" part of your whole identity is something I'd consider a positive for self-esteem regardless of who coined the term.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Cythereal posted:

It wasn't, but it originally described something very different: there literally being no one of your orientation where you are. It was coined by a gay woman living in a small town where there simply were no other queer women. In its original use, it didn't mean "I suck poo poo at getting laid" but "There is literally no one of the gender I desire who desires my gender."

Ah that's fair, and yeah, pretty much that definition is long gone now.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

Honestly? This isn't a bad theory. Not saying that it's necessarily a valid theory or supported by textual evidence, but as far as a starting guess goes it's pretty legit. Especially since at the time the gospels were written, the exact nature of Jesus (exceptional human? avatar of God? demigod?) wasn't particularly well defined, so the idea of "perfect human falls to temptation" or "celestial being becomes corrupted by human" fits.

I, too, choose to believe Jesus was just trying to make sure he didn't get a boner to keep up the "Divine Being" thing.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
Uh, didn't Dugger fully confess to being a big ol' pedophile perv himself?

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

pseudanonymous posted:

What a lot of people don't know about it is how many pig farmers die by accident. Hog farms have literal open piles of feces and urine, and they emit toxic fumes which make people confused and unsteady, if you get too near one you can easily get disoriented or clumsy and fall in and die.

And there's a thing where someone falls into a hog feces pit, and someone comes to save them, and they also fall in... I read about a case where like 4 people in a family all died.

Also, they're pretty awesome because they are just open-air toxic pits, so when there's a hurricane it whips up thousands of tons of toxic pig poo poo into the air.

America. gently caress yeah.

My hometown kiboshed a corporate pig farm from setting up there for these and other reasons. They kept insisting how many jobs they would be bringing but tons of local farmers and environmentalists showed up to the town hall about it to tell them to gently caress off because we were all much better informed about what a huge pig farm would do to our soil and water than they expected.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

At least calling a snake a "danger noodle" is funny the first time you hear it. FReepers, and the far-right generally, just love this dumb poo poo. Remember a couple years back when they started the whole "Clown World" thing and talked like preschoolers who wanted a genocidal race war? That poo poo was loving dumb and annoying from the get-go.

Thank god Untitled Goose Game allowed the reclamation of "Honk" from them.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

quote:

To: 2aProtectsTheRest
Hey troll-boi.
Good to hear from you.

NOT.

BAM, Fuckin' GOTTEM

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
I used to follow the freep thread in like, the early 2010's when they were convinced Obama was kicking off the FEMA death camps any day now. Recently I'm back in the forums after Elon hosed up Twitter and I'm absolutely delighted to see they're still stocking up and keeping the powder dry after all these years.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

DarklyDreaming posted:

Nothing would happen to Tucker but the dude he's interviewing could be in some Serious poo poo if Obama decided it was worth his time. Which to be honest he probably isn't

Yeah I think the smart play for Obama is to not turn his "famous ex-president" level attention on a man who is currently just some nobody on Tucker's pretend TV show, but I'm no expert.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
Lol these are the same people who think Biden et al should be publicly executed for alleged secret pedophilia

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

quote:

To: Reno89519

Personally? I wouldn’t care. What has been done to Trump has caused extraordinary circumstances, and if it is officially ruled that fraud occurred, not only should an exception be made for a “third” term, but I’d be okay if Trump was allowed a fourth term as well for compensation for all the absolute horsecrap they’ve put the man through.

55 posted on 10/25/2023, 3:37:11 AM by cross_bearer_02
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

Trump's rotting corpse just sitting in the oval office until 2032 is the only just outcome.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
In retrospect, you guys should've just called their bluff and stomped the Confederacy a second time if they actually followed through.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
gently caress #3, poo poo talking my dumbass cousins with my mom during family gatherings is one the cornerstones of our familial bond.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
So, correct me if I'm wrong but Biden wasn't actually diagnosed with poo poo right? Like that was something the shithead investigators who are not mental health professionals stuck in there alongside the real reason Biden wasn't charged with anything being that he fully cooperated and returned all materials when asked, right?

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Edit: lmao I found an American Family Radio show and they are absolutely laying into him, saying that he should have just used his position to end abortion and transness and illegal immigration and saying that this proves that he isn't actually a Christian. They're big mad.

I'm always a little shocked at how many Americans seem to think you get to wield absolute power if you get one of the big important jobs like Speaker or President as though you're a medieval King. How are this many Americans unfamiliar with how their own government works? I'm not even from your country and know this is batshit.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
The notion that the alleged almighty creator of the entire universe and everything in it is sending a little 4.8 rumble on the Earth to let people know to leave Trump alone is very amusing.

Just seems like if God were going to give a poo poo about US elections in the first place that they wouldn't be so vague about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
It's crazy how many times Freep has drawn lines in the sand, declared the death of America and called for the Patriots to rise up with zero self awareness that they do this literally a few times a year and nothing ever comes of it. Pretty sure this is just how a lot of them masturbate.