Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

McGlockenshire posted:

From Unreal! Donald Trump Jr. Comes Under Fire for Comparing Muslim Refugees to Skittles posted by freeper bobsunshine.

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/778016283342307328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

To be clear, the controversy is over the ratio, not the use of Skittles. From a much better article than the one freep used,

You left out the best part:

A Wrigley Spokeswoman posted:

"Skittles are candy. Refugees are people," a spokeswoman for the candy's parent company, Wrigley, said in a widely distributed statement. "We don't feel it's an appropriate analogy. We will respectfully refrain from further commentary as anything we say could be misinterpreted as marketing."

They ceded the moral high ground to the confectioners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Night10194 posted:

You'll often see Christian sects deny that the OT matters much despite the fact that in Matthew Christ says he came to fulfill, not abolish, the Law.

I mean in fairness, there are tons of parts of Deuteronomy I think are bullshit or crazy, because it's the moral and ethical laws for the nobility of an ancient pastoral culture, but anyone who doesn't notice the emphasis on the idea that even in the harsher and more legalistic old books the Lord hammers that the powerful have an obligation to defend the powerless and to recall that they are fortunate to be wealthy and well fed (and thus extend their wealth to the community and common good) is a bastard.

That's one of my favorite parts of the Torah, honestly; you can tell that whoever was writing it, be it divinely inspired or not, loving knew that they had to just HAMMER that poo poo in, because wealthy people can be dense as gently caress when it comes to comprehending anything that might result in them having to make do with even a little bit less.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

SocketWrench posted:

quote:

All of a sudden, we must allow burkas to be worn everywhere even
though you have no idea who is covered up under them.
No, we don't

I mean, we do, but it's not "all of a sudden," it's been the supreme law of the land since the nation's founding.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Jagged Jim posted:

quote:

So GOPe is going to ignore the will of the voters and give Obama the money required to give away the Internet to foreign interests?

I... what? :psyduck:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

McGlockenshire posted:

ICANN/IANA is being moved out from control of the US government. The governing board will be composed of international stakeholders.

https://www.icann.org/iana-stewardship-questions

It's a whole lot of nothing. The only people worried about this are right wing nuts and conspiracy theorists, but I repeat myself. You can feel free to call out anyone spouting this bullshit as an idiot that can't determine what a trustable news source looks like.

No, I mean, I assumed there was something that led to that conclusion, I'm just trying to wrap my head around why B-Rock would need money in order to give something away.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Mors Rattus posted:

Trump was just super unprepared.

He loving bragged about how he wasn't preparing. I actually wondered for a while if it was some kind of idiot bluff. "No one could possibly be that stupid," I told myself. But in the back of my mind, I think I knew. :unsmigghh:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

I legit did not think I'd see this day; I just figured he was going to hang on out of spite until President Trump decided to blow up the planet.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

quote:

The changes to the century-old home were made without review by the city's architectural commission. The unauthorized additions are considered illegal acts, since approval is required for all homes within Richmond's Union Hill Old and Historic District.

It takes a special person to buy a historic house and repeatedly vandalize it to make a political point. What did they do to get themselves banned? This seems like Freep would be 100% in favor.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

GetWellGamers posted:

Al Qaeda kind of did, though...

We didn't really focus on fighting them in the subsequent wars, though.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Literally Elvis posted:

What are the odds that Freepers claim they always knew Trump was going to lose when he loses this election? Not even necessarily "it was rigged, we always knew, keep your powder dry :bahgawd:" but more "he was a bad candidate, I always knew I just didn't want to say anything."

No bet.

Also:

quote:

To: dfwgator

Mormon religion has some belief about open borders and being pro amnesty.

Has to do with believing American Indians are really Jews; and therefore this is the promised land. Or something.

But they need Open Borders for this belief to happen, so they HATE Trump.

Oh, and Kansas City MO is where their small j “Jesus” will return; it is their Zion. Not /s.

81 posted on 10/7/2016, 11:44:17 PM by Sontagged (Woe to you when all men shall speak well of you...)

No, you stupid jackass, it's because they can still remember being a minority so hated that they were forced into exile over their beliefs. That's why the "build a wall" talk doesn't sit well with most Mormons or Jews; they know it wouldn't be long before you tried to force them out too, in your blind crusade for "purity."

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Oct 8, 2016

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Twelve by Pies posted:

Man, you know, if Jeb Bush really IS a psychic who knew 11 years ago that Trump would run for President in 11 years and that Trump would clown on him and cause him to lose and he could have his cousin secretly record a conversation with Trump to release and smear him...

...then that's pretty impressive but if he knew he would lose why did he run in the first place?

The curse of precognition is to know the future, and to know that because the future is known, it cannot be changed.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
True, being rehosted on freep could really damage a gossip rag's reputation.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Dr. VooDoo posted:

If he dropped out the GOP would have about the same exact chance of winning this election as they do with him staying in

If anything, it'd improve their chances in the house and senate.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
So is "Race Trader" some kind of obscure prestige class?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Threads are not that expensive, Lowtax is surely swimming in spaceship cash now and can splurge on another threadid for us!

I rather agree that the election is a good point to get a fresh start on the thread despite the relative youth of this one.

No, you have to finish this thread before you open the next one. Your father and I didn't raise you to waste good threads you rotten little poster! <:mad:>

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Look at this guy not knowing how White Genocide works.

All I know is that when I came into work on the 9th, three of my coworkers had gotten dark tans, grown moustaches, were wearing ponchos and sombreros, and were speaking with really thick mexican accents, but I didn't say anything in case people thought I was a racist.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Wait, wait. They think "podesta" means kiddy diddler in French? It doesn't. It straight up doesn't.

What gets me is that they seem to take it as a given that sex with children is just this unbelievably amazing thing that of course the elites in Washington all just can't get enough of, and have to create vast secret conspiracies to maintain their access to it.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 23, 2016

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Guavanaut posted:

It's more likely that there's a small number of high up child abusers in Washington and a surrounding organization that is covering for them to lesser or greater degrees, like with the BBC or Penn State.

Right, but the way they talk about it, you'd think that literally everyone in Washington was a chomo.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

quote:

It's dead, Jim

Hardware failure requiring a trip to San Jose to sort out (eta 5PM PST.) The site may be down for most of the evening, if not the weekend, depending on the severity of the failure and the degree of Kung Fu necessary to bring us back online. We'll continue to update with progress reports, with the next likely within an hour of getting hands-on with the smoldering device. Next update 6-7PM PST.

Thank you for your patience.

Follow us on Facebook for updates.

Twitter @_John_Robinson (ssh, it's a secret.)

:ughh:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

SocketWrench posted:

Because he isn't ordering a full out military strike over technology that the Chinese sell to us on ebay.

There's something hilariously petty/surreal about the Chinese responding to Trump's phone call by stealing a $500 remote control submersible.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Jurgan posted:

This is awesome. "White people gave you civil rights! Huh, who was fighting against civil rights? Don't worry about that."

Also, the idea that rights can be given, rather than being inherent to the person.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

MeLKoR posted:

Just imagine those UN bureaucrats having to leave the luxury of the US for some hellhole in Eurabia. :haw:

It really is just amazing how happily they'd gouge out their nose and both eyeballs to spite the UN.

"Permanent veto power as part of the security counsel? gently caress that, we don't need them!"

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Annointed posted:

To start off page 100
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/586

This is real. This is our dictatorship.

Those bills amuse me because it's clear the writers never really thought about the implications beyond "this will make abortion illegal! :hurr:"

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

SocketWrench posted:

Well, that's it guys, time to go lock god up for all those miscarriages, the loving murderer.

If life begins at fertilization, a large number l of us are cannibalistic murderers.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 24, 2017

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Fathis Munk posted:

E: ^^^^ You eat fertilized human eggs :confused: What am I missing.

It's called vanishing twin syndrome
I added a link, but the short version is that many (probably not 60%, I hyperbolized) human pregnancies start with multiple embryos. Then, because mother nature is a heartless bitch, the weaker ones die off and are absorbed into the surviving one.

In a large number of cases, the cause of death is the stronger twin growing large enough that it crushes it's compatriots. It's common enough, and can happen late enough in the pregnancy that it's very likely that at least one person reading this thread actually has bits of one of their deceased twins (usually teeth) still lingering in their body at this very moment.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 24, 2017

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

chitoryu12 posted:

....where would these teeth be

It would depend entirely on where your twin was when you absorbed them.

You murderer.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Fathis Munk posted:

I see, yeah it's the 60% figure that threw me off since I couldn't figure out what it applies to.

It's worth noting that this is a phenomenon that rarely leaves evidence; we really only know that it's happened when we see it happen (through ultrasounds) or when we find the aforementioned hair and teeth in someone's foot. Given that ultrasounds aren't usually ordered until 8 weeks, it's conceivable that this occurs in virtually all pregnancies and just isn't detected.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Yet.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Psychlone posted:

And there's the "liberal fascists". What the heck is a liberal fascist? Liberalism is at direct opposite poles of fascist and racism! Who could possibly think this way?

Why on earth you expect freepers to have insights into the political and philosophical underpinnings of any given ideology is beyond me.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Wait, did someone seriously photoshop a video game poster?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

kik2dagroin posted:

This ban directly hit someone I know, and could potentially affect a close friend of my mom's (both are of Iranian descent). And freep loves it, because it doesn't directly affect anyone they know because they're insular white xenophobes. The very fact that freep is happy means this country is hosed up.

I'm sorry to hear that dude, I hope things work out.

Of course, if anyone on freep did have friends of a different ethnicity or nationality, well... one would hope they wouldn't be on freep.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Yeah, if someone had punched Dale Reed for his views he would have had no choice but to lie down in the street and

Oh no.

Oh no. :ohdear:

If someone tried to punch Dale Reed they'd break their hands. Don't you remember how enormous that man hate golem was?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Taking bets as to Freep's hypothetical consensus on the laughing scene?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Gaghskull posted:

I can't help but wonder how much Freep thinks we're all being paid to protest. If we keep showing up, George Soros' bank accoung should have run dry a long time ago...

Yeah, but liberals are all bleeding hearts, so we donate it back to Soros' charities, and the cycle begins anew.

It's like a perpetual motion devices, but applied to economics.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
"85% of people were happy with their insurance."

Even ignoring all the idiots who thought they were better insured than they were, that still leaves 15% who were unhappy with it, in this freeper's imagination. That's over 45 million people who were discontent with their insurance status.

Hell, that's a loving "B." Since when did Freepers decide that the US could get by on B grade work? I thought they were big on the whole exceptionalism thing.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Have they seen Hilldawg's tweet yet?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

robotsinmyhead posted:

I think we've seen FReep compact before - especially in the primary Cruz vs Trump, but this one has a darker end in my opinion.

I doubt it. Freep will continue on for as long as Jim Rob can bilk however few idiots survive the purges for "server maintenance."

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

McGlockenshire posted:

quote:

To: tcrlaf

Stay on your toes. The time to lock and load is coming our way quickly. It’s time for Americans to defend their government.

39 posted on 2/14/2017, 9:03:46 PM by FlingWingFlyer (As long as tyranny exists, the Constitution and Bill of Right will never be "outdated" or "obsolete")

Jesus gently caress dude, I've been in actual automotive collisions that gave me less whiplash than that.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

quote:

If they cannot get at the person they want to kill, then they go after his or her family members. That is the way slime operates.

Slime, probably posted:

The other thing with the terrorists is you have to take out their families, when you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives, don't kid yourself. When they say they don't care about their lives, you have to take out their families

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

They might find out that Trump is black???

You're thinking of H.P. Lovecraft. I can understand the confusion, but Freep is just Pretty Racist, whereas Lovecraft sets the scale at Ludicrously Racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Fathis Munk posted:

Are you sure he did not mean, "Moron" ?

I misread it as "Mammon," which made a whole lot more sense.