Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

quote:

Peasant countries are irrelevant

"Oi you peasant gits! Dis iz ARE CUNTRY MATE!"

Spangly A posted:

also sadly there's enough of these shits that we did just vote economic suicide in the largest-turnout referendum we've ever had :smith:

I have a time machine that can look forward into the future and I can tell you that once the Brexit actually happens this is what the countryside will immediately look like

And London will look like this

It's a lock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

I don't get how Trump, the son of a rich land developer whose whole identity has been built around being a super wealthy New York City business tycoon, is so easily considered as "one of us" by Freep.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

quote:

REGULAR FOLK

"You know... regular folk. White males over the age of 40 who lack a college degree. Just like me!"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

I love how Freep can totally see satanic conspiracies and email codes as perfectly believable and plausible but the idea of Scalia, an overweight 79 year old man with a stressful job, dying of a heart attack just doesn't seem to add up.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

There's something terribly sad about freepers recognizing that the people they vote for almost always gently caress them in very personal ways (like building a highway through their back yards) but never seeming to learn anything from it

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Gosh Jesus get your own horse

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

In case anyone was wondering what was on one side of that monument

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Freep isn't happy about Trump's new plan for Afghanistan. Also they can't make up their collective mind of teleprompters are good or bad for him

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3579514/posts

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

"Hey everyone this dude drank and went to parties during high school. WHAT A THUG!"

Is Freep full of grown up nerds still bitter about their teen years?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Jagged Jim posted:

Not defending this site at all. But keep in mind, Many on the left would described FR as alt-right, harboring racist ideology, etc. The toothpaste is out of the tube. Who's next?

1 posted on 08/26/2017 8:34:05 PM PDT by NImerc
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

"First they came for the literal Nazis, and I did not speak out..."

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

They're arguing that education corrupt the mind and make people intolerant and the evidence of that is that Nazis are called out as being bad and worth resisting

Scratch Monkey fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 30, 2017

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

I am a real American.

Fight for the farts of every man.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

I'd love to find out what this guy's draft number was.

"Enlisted in the Navy during Vietnam" is always a dead giveaway. Hell my dad did that and he made no bones about it. Spent his time in the Caribbean as a Yeoman.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Plinkey posted:

Maries are just the Navy's Army.

And Marine Air is just the Navy's Army's Air Force

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

They’re just so close to figuring it out.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

I guess it’s nice that some of them love their dogs, that’s kinda humanizing

I think it's more because dogs, unlike their families, don't really know or care that their owners are miserable, hateful assholes. All they know is that the man gives them food, a warm place to sleep, and pets them.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The French chloroquine doctor:

If your doctor looks like either of these dudes, run away and fast.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

The deep state is insidious and all pervasive. It's even in the people Trump likes!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

The unfair hatred of Pontius Pilate whose only crime was *checks notes* crucifying God.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

quote:

To: Retain Mike

My first thought was this is going to hurt recruitment efforts in the southern states. There is still a very strong sense of attachment to that flag passed down generation to generation.
The Corps. traditionally, has been the most successful recruiting in those states.

13 posted on 04/25/2020 2:02:32 PM PDT by ocrp1982
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

"If we ban this racist symbol then we'll have less success recruiting the racists who deeply associate themselves with it"

Sounds like a feature rather than a bug.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

A group of unorganized people who call themselves antifascists are declared terrorists. So if you are against fascism you are an enemy of Freep.

Freep will have this moment, right?

Right?!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

you'll never win against an opponent with no shame or sense of accountability when you yourself have those things

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

FMguru posted:

Right-wingers are really good at (mis)appropriating lefty jargon. See what they did to 'woke' over the last few years - when was the last time someone used it in a non-ironic/non-insulting fashion?

the trumpists I knew fell in love with the term "virtue signalling." Once they learned it any attempt to point out some horrible thing Trump did was merely virtue signalling and therefore safe to ignore.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

How do you make an unconstitutional decision if your job is to literally decide was is and isn't constitutional?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

quote:

To: rintintin

Graham like most of the Uniparty thinks that corporate profits mean America is doing well, even if wages drop and the country is turned into a Third World shithole.

14 posted on 06/22/2020 7:47:52 PM PDT by pierrem15 ("Massacrez-les, car le seigneur connait les siens")

Unfortunately by "Third World shithole" pierrem15 here probably means "has lots of brown people" and not "has a population that is kept intentionally poor by oligarchs through divide-and-rule class warfare"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

quote:

To: subterfuge
The purges ran off many.

40 posted on 7/1/2020, 1:10:26 PM by mylife (The Roar Of The Masses Could Be Farts)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

It's hilarious the Freep is run like the Stalin-era Soviet Union with cults of personality, purges, centrally mandated approved thought, and constant fretting over the imagined threat of attack from both outside and inside. Maybe they'll eventually make a weird leap and just become Communists in the end.

J/k Freepers never become anything other than angry in front of their computers because they're a bunch of lazy, ineffectual olds who will die mad possibly from Covid

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Freep has always insisted on conformity to its ideological gestalt and quickly trims away anyone who strays even moderately from those ideologies. However it also tends to change what exactly makes up those ideologies pretty frequently which means that over the years it has whittled its user base down to people who don't actually care about ideologies enough to not immediately change along with them. Their main (and really only) role on the forum is to reinforce the maxims of the day and spew hatred at the "other". That leaves JimRob in a position where he can't really come down hard on anyone for almost anything because he's already scraping the bottom of the barrel for users. So now Freep is almost exclusively angry old racists and it will never improve.

edit:

yeah this

Shugojin posted:

They used to ban but what with the trump and the dwindling user base jimrob's bank account must be afraid

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

How much does SA cost to run?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

How do they not "get" what Karen means?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Antifa: well know for their hatred of wearing mask

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

The Underdog Myth

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Freep: denying my god and becoming a apostate to own the libs

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Ambitious Spider posted:

What’s the deal with black helicopters? I pretty much just know them from my xfiles and UFO obsessed kid days where they were supposed to be scouting out areas with cattle mutilations or whatever and I’m sure that’s not what creep is going on about

They're a signifier of the evil UN-lead world government that is hiding in the shadows (hence the black paint job) waiting for the day they can take control.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Ambitious Spider posted:

Oh yea, I remember behold a pale horse being passed around among us in the mid 90s. “This book leaks all the real X-Files poo poo, but you can’t buy it with a credit card because then the government knows you know about the aliens, and they’ll keep track of you”

Which made me too afraid to read it as a kid.

Wasn’t til years later I found out half of that poo poo was antisemitism and racism. Also like black helicopters, I learned about fema death camps from the x-files movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nESAQSQzlLQ

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

quote:

eventually be the FIRST UN ELECTED PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

Has freep never heard of Gerald Ford?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

My Twitter Account posted:

Freep is the Bad Place.

I'm trying to imagine a Freeper watching that show. It's central theme is an individual's ability to learn concepts like empathy and altruism. Basically Freep's opposite. Also a white woman has a romantic relationship with a black man who is clearly her intellectual superior. How do they watch it without immediately collapsing in a seizure?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Jason is in the Bad Place because of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Georgia Peach posted:

I was going to see what Freep's reaction to The Atlantic story was but every thread was pulled except for one about Huckabee Sanders denying it.

quote:

To: rintintin
I posted the Atlantic article a few hours ago which was promptly pulled down. Didn’t matter there was a barf alert attached to it.

20 posted on 9/3/2020, 11:20:34 PM by Ennis85

No one seems to care that freep "'censored" this article.