Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

McGlockenshire posted:

From Richard Sherman says people are ignoring message of NFL players' protests posted by freeper artichokegrower

You may know Richard Sherman from his attempts at dodging the press and his hilarious "I'm just here so I won't get fined" press conference.

Just as a heads-up: you're thinking of Marshawn Lynch. He's the one who was known for his taciturn press conferences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Son of a bitch I actually "oh no"ed out loud.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

To honor Dale Reed's memory, I have decided to drink a gallon of whole milk tomorrow, as he did every day of his life. Also, to drink a really tiny beer, as I do not have the size required to make a regular can seem small in my colossal mitts.

Yes I know it was a pack of smokes but my grieving process involves remembering that picture as we initially interpreted it.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

PhazonLink posted:

I don't get what's the big deal. I mean I sort of get it from context clues of the last page or so, but i still mostly don't get it.

Note I stop reading the Freep thread 6+ years ago because "spear chucker" was way too beyond the pale for me back then.

You're probably being rhetorical, but Dalereed was just funny to read. On a simple, plain level. He ranted about everything and he was succinct. He hadn't seen a movie in 40 years. He didn't know what Muppets were, and still didn't. He used lead paint, I'm probably remembering that wrong but he's definitely made multiple posts over the years about how he deliberately used things deemed unsafe out of spite. And perhaps most importantly, he bucked Freep orthodoxy on a lot of topics, most of them mundane but still, thanks to the immunity his being friends with the site's owner got him. He was an original. The rest of Freep, if you're detached enough to still think is funny, is only funny after you've spent time unpacking their delusions and their fears, and it's mostly on a meta level. savegesusie is "funny" because she's clearly mentally unwell and has posted the same word salad rant dozens of times. Lazamataz is "funny" because he's gone full Nazi. Dalereed, meanwhile, talked about fast cars, chasing chicks and being really angry about skim milk.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

jojoinnit posted:

Unleaded gasoline.

That's it! I knew lead paint sounded wrong.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Hey. Hey. Don't interrupt the hate. If we've decided his family are all pieces of poo poo then by GOD they are. What is this pussy rear end liberal not assuming poo poo?

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

lmfao "have they listened to any of the rap music".

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Whenever Freep talks about Muslims, specifically the Muslim vote, I like to reread The GOP and Me. Read it if you haven't.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

That's not even mentioning the loving ridiculousness of if God hates people being united in one religion or one nation, what the hell happens in Heaven? Is Heaven made up of different nations that oppose each other? Does that mean that people in Heaven will still be atheist and Muslim? Because I mean, if God despises everyone being united in one religion, then it can't be ALL Christians in Heaven.

You know what this links to. Click on it anyway.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

D34THROW posted:

So...OBEs or astral projection? And yet these same fucks would call astral projection Satanic poo poo if you described it that way.

To their... credit... they did. If I remember correctly, it was only one freeper who goes by tired & retired who talked about that stuff, though they were all-in about it. At least one person was trying to convince them that this wasn't how souls worked and that they were being led astray by demons.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Geostomp posted:

Liberals are like Snidely Whiplash: they have to be as cartoonishly evil at all times even when noble conservatives aren't looking. It's sad, really.

Wellll, TO BE FAIR, and I can't believe I'm playing Devil's loving advocate over this, if you were in a secret pedophile Satanic cabal, you'd probably want to encrypt your communications as much as possible, or at least as much as a simple substitution cipher can afford you. I mean, Navajo code talkers were a thing, after all. Once you start using the substitutive terms, they become rote and automatic and while they might not "expect" outsiders to see them, they might have considered the probability of a leak. Hence the code. This, of course, assumes that the whole kerfuffle isn't pants on head stupid, which it is. It's people wanting to see something so bad they're inventing conspiracies out of whole cloth. They're not just seeing shadows in every corner, they're squinting to deform shapes to better see them wrong.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Wait, wait. They think "podesta" means kiddy diddler in French? It doesn't. It straight up doesn't.

e: Alefantis either! Not even loving close to close!

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

How should this even work? Like what does he want exactly? Does he even know or is he just an upset baby.

That's a good one but it'll never beat the one Freeper who wished, among his laundry list of social reforms he hoped would occur under a Trump presidency, that he would "bring back spanking".

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

robotsinmyhead posted:

So Obama is in a gang now? Are they still on about this "Choom Gang" thing?

By the same metric, Scooby and Shaggy are in a Gang because Fred addresses the group as such. QED.

Obama is black ergo he's a Blood or a Crip.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

I mean, this is it, this is Freep's dream in the flesh. Someone whose foreign policy is idiotic bluster posturing as Strength. I don't think the reason there aren't many posters doubting is not because they're too embarrassed...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

drat, so much freedom lost under Ocaraccident... can't even call him names for eight straight years without getting your website shut down Any Day Now... hosed up... America under Oslightlyovercookedsteak is basically communist Russia a hypothetical bad country... stay safe FReepers, as we head into the turbulent waters of peaceful transition of power that are the hallmarks of totalitarian despots...