Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

President Trump won in 2020.

We need to fix 2020 because they will cheat again and again and again...

Remember EO #13848?????

Do your research. It’s amazing what one can find!

I thought maybe this was some conspiracy theory executive order that Obama wrote to say "We will always cheat at elections" or something, but turns out it's one that Trump issued in 2018 where he expressed concern about foreign powers influencing elections and said that the federal government would make reports of any perceived foreign tampering after any election.

I don't know what the "It's amazing what one can find!" statement is in reference to. If it's supposed to be some sort of "This is proof the Dems cheated!" thing it must be something she's imagining because the EO says there's never been any proof of cheating.

quote:

Although there has been no evidence of a foreign power altering the outcome or vote tabulation in any United States election, foreign powers have historically sought to exploit America's free and open political system. In recent years, the proliferation of digital devices and internet-based communications has created significant vulnerabilities and magnified the scope and intensity of the threat of foreign interference, as illustrated in the 2017 Intelligence Community Assessment. I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with this threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I love the insane brain gymnastics it takes to go "The left loves Hitler because Nazis were leftists so Kanye is trying to get back on the good side of woke companies by praising Hitler!"

I also love "I think it's unfair that just because we believe Soros is a puppetmaster secretly controlling politicians through his vast wealth that we're considered antisemitic!"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I think the idea is that even if she has single digit approval ratings, that would still be enough for a Republican to win. Looking at the recent election, Mark Kelly got 51.4% and Blake Masters got 46.5% (and some libertarian got like 2%). So let's say Sinema has an 8% approval rating, assuming no libertarian candidate, if the Dems fielded a candidate and Sinema ran as an independent, you could have a result where the Republican gets 47%, the Dem gets 45%, and Sinema gets that 8%. This results in a Republican victory. So right wing media is convinced this is a brilliant 5D chess move by Sinema, the Dems won't dare to field a Dem candidate against her for fear of a GOP victory ensuring she will remain a senator forever.

In actuality I think they're way off. Sinema does have some support but if she runs as an independent and the Dems field their own candidate, I'm not convinced that the Sinema supporters won't just vote for the Dem anyway because of fear of splitting the vote. Never mind that yeah, she won't have resources to run a decent campaign now. And honestly I feel like the Dems are so tired of her poo poo that they would rather a Republican win rather than have her stay in the Senate anyway.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

What I find funny and interesting is he doesn’t care does he?

I know when I don't care about something I always tweet about it constantly, as much as possible, so everyone knows how much I don't care.

quote:

There is no doubt Musk knew this would be the reaction in SF. The man is troll level 1 million. Its hilarious.

If Musk knew this would be the reaction you'd think he could have like, told some jokes, or given off an "I don't give a poo poo" air instead of standing around awkwardly and going "I don't know what to say."

quote:

Musk is laughing all the way to the bank in a carbon spewing private jet.

The best part of this whole thing is that he isn't. Musk is one of the most thin skinned people to ever exist and the fact he even got a few boos, even if they were a small percentage (and it doesn't seem like they were) is absolutely eating him up. He can't be happy because he desperately wants to be universally loved and he isn't. It's why he has to constantly reply to everything critical he sees on Twitter, he tries to act cool and like it doesn't bother him but if he wasn't bothered by it he'd just not post. He'd just run the company and do coke off a hooker's rear end instead of tweeting 20 hours a day.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Captain Log posted:

(I'm so traumatized by the past seven years that I'm still not convinced Trump won't somehow be in office again come 2024. But I still think he would be less destructive than DeSantis.)

Trump is a massive narcissist so he's capable of accidentally doing good things occasionally if he thinks it will make everyone like him. Like the enhanced unemployment/2k checks in 2020 when the pandemic was starting.

DeSantis isn't as egotistical or stupid so he would just be pure hate and evil. You're not alone in what you think, if it was absolutely going to be one of them in the Oval Office I'd rather have Trump again for sure.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

Dems used Instagram and TikTok to manipulate young fools to go vote last election.

drat, fiendishly manipulating people to vote through the dastardly method of saying "Go vote."

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

To be fair it seems like anyone who makes written political parodies of songs know absolutely nothing about meter, Freep isn't unique in this.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

Only a woman can walk through an entire store full of clothes and say “I couldn’t find a thing to wear’’.

Weird way to find out I'm a woman.

quote:

Women know that their traditional work and chores arent that hard compared to mens work and chores.

lol gently caress off

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I love that one Freeper realized that a consumption tax would be way, way worse for poor and middle class people than income tax, and the reply was "Yeah but that's a good thing!"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Right wing media has already caused them to think that any news source outside their media lies and is fake news. So like, for example Hannity, all he has to do is talk about how "fake news CNN and MSDNC are releasing my text messages without my permission, it's an incredible breach of privacy, it's a massive violation of my rights, this is why we need to go after the mainstream media and Big Tech and hold them accountable."

The fact he's admitting the texts are real by saying it's a violation of his privacy doesn't matter. His audience already thinks that the texts are fake and made up, so he can be upset at their release and get his audience to be upset while also still not believing the texts are true. This is useful because it means he doesn't actually have to admit the texts are real, all he has to do is say that the networks reporting on it are "fake news" and that carries the implication that they're false without actually lying and saying that. Then he also gets to shift the focus to "my right to privacy!" so the content of the texts can be even further ignored and turn the focus to "They'll release your texts one day too just like they did to me, if we don't stop them!"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Freepers in the Revolutionary War going "Argh that King George is such a tyrant but if I join the rebels I might get arrested!"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Jagged Jim posted:

I wonder what Freep is going to do when somebody finally finds Soros' Phylactery, are they going to try make someone else into the real big bad or will they claim he faked his True Death and is still the true power behind everything bad?

Soros has a couple of sons that donate to the same causes as him, so after George dies the right can just claim that his sons took over for him. If I recall they already started doing a bit of it post 2020 election, when they were talking about the voting machines being owned by Soros, Jonathan and Alexander's names came up a couple of times.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I think that's the reason they're claiming he's a scapegoat, is that someone that young wouldn't be in a position to see those documents.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

President Trump didn't get to be a billionaire many times over by losing-he's a winner.

Only Freepers are dumb enough to still believe this and memory hole all of Trump's business failures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

If the whole "young Democrats watch Tucker Carlson" thing isn't just an "overheard in a hipster coffee shop" thing, I assume what they're talking about is that there are a lot of Twitter accounts/youtube personalities who will play clips from Tucker Carlson to roast him or go "This is why everything he said is total bullshit." In that sense, I guess a lot of young Democrats do watch him, though most of them are either going "what the gently caress" or "lol what a dipshit." I suppose there is a statistically insignificant number that might go "Wait actually he's right about everything!"