Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

For being a "totally not political thing" there seems to be quite a large swath of right leaning voters getting hospitalized.
I don't see why they don't accept it as a patriotic duty given that Washington vaccinated his troops from smallpox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Captain Log posted:

I think the social aspect of the internet has literally broken America.

I graduated university in 2006 from a small liberal arts school. The degree didn't help me ever get a job, or give me specialized knowledge I ever needed in my career. But, I felt like the really loving rigorous standards of logic, research, science, and reasoning where something everyone should learn at some point in their life. I thought the experience of getting my degree was insanely valuable, but shouldn't be gated behind lots of cash and/or crippling debt.

I always believed the internet would create an egalitarian society. Everyone would be able to go out and learn to their heart's content while sharpening up their abilities to suss out bullshit. For a couple of years in the late 00's, I thought my prediction was coming true.

Sweet Jesus H. Tap-dancing Christ, I could not have been more disastrously incorrect. Hearing these loving people try to slap enough neurons in their head together to form a cogent sentence about logical fallacies is actively making me stupider. And the world worse.

You underestimate the stupidity of the average American. The same people that voted overwhelmingly for Reagan twice hoping for the big payout rather than reading the wall and half of which bitched about fiscal responsibility while approving spending millions to oust a popular president that gave them what they "wanted"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Neito posted:

My brain's still making little "Krrrzt Krrrzt" comic book broken machine noises at "You're citing the wrong kind of doctor so its an appeal to authority, but only when you make the argument".

Eh, I rather like the outrageous claims and when asked to back it up "do your own research" or "I'll provide it when you meet "X" criteria" that they keep moving goalposts on while others of their like minded moron squad praise them for being witty and educated

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Captain Log posted:

I still want to know what in the ever loving gently caress gets comments removed by a mod on Freep.

Anything that promotes the ideals of Christ in a "Democrats are satan" thread.