Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Kavak posted:

Do some cable companies not have recorders built into the box?

No. Some people don't want it because they have existing boxes etc... so its a waste of money for them. And if they sell the tivo/whatever separately they can charge more $$$.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Freep: They're going the way of Veggie Tales

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Hobnob posted:

What the hell is the origin of this Frankfurt server thing? I keep seeing it mentioned, but I have no idea where it's coming from. Was there some incident thats being spun into a firefight between Patriotic Our Troops Special Forces vs. The CIA Deep State, or has it been made up of whole cloth by some Q-cultist/grifter/madman?

It was made up out of whole cloth on social media, then picked up by prominent idiots like Louie Gohmert.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

That stupid made up Berger thing comes from a site called Real Raw News, which, well

weirdly, it has 3 news categories: World, USA, and :tinfoil:Russia:tinfoil:. Almost all of the (20 or so) articles are in USA. World has a handful, and Russia leads to a blank page.

I poked through the site and looked at the domain registration data, but there's no names or organizations listed anywhere, just proxies. Many of the links to things like sharing functions or advertise here are broken (or more specifically, were never added in the first place and are remnants of the WordPress theme they're using.) So monetization seems dubious as a purpose. Honestly, this looks like a propaganda op.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 16, 2021

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Sanguinia posted:

Really? You think that a story in which the source completely glossed over Pelosi's statements by summarizing them in ways such as "said something he didn't like," and the Marine General communicated entirely in Maga Wet Dream Movie Speeches and expressed loyalty to Trump and his followers over the government MIGHT be from a Propaganda outlet?

I'm shocked.

I honestly anticipated it was from a meme mill in it for the advertising $$.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Look at this fool who thought Freep was anything but a place to indulge hateful fantasies. Noone there is looking to get right with God.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Let those who don't complain about the hobby they love, and are also totally racist about it for some reason, throw the first stone.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

i've always felt a big part of it is toxic masculinity bullshit. remember, if you try to look nice or smell good, you're a metrosexual sissy. what does that leave a guy to offer?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Rush Limbaugh, famous for treating people with respect, like that time he called teenager Chelsea Clinton the 'White House Dog'.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

"that kid died WITH cold"

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Shitstorm Trooper posted:

I once had a comic shop owner yell at me for saying the word "bitch" at Friday Night Magic and within ten minutes he was screaming about how "Jim West was NOT A N-" while slamming comics down with cover art proving he was white.

What the gently caress? No matter how many Freeper/RWM shibboleths and grievances you think you know, there's always more.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

DarklyDreaming posted:

I'm sorry do they believe Biden is getting a "cut" of the Ukrainian Lend-Lease stuff or do they really think Zelenskyy is wiring money to all their swiss bank accounts?

Pfft. It's like you've never heard of the MyCrimes.xls from Hunter Biden's laptop.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

The worst thing DeSantis can do is run against Trump in 24. A lot of hardcore Trumpers are having doubts - but far from all of them. If DeSantis loses, he'll get bullied and mocked by Trump mercilessly and attain the stank of a loser. If DeSantis wins, he'll be the deep state backstabber and the Trump base will demobilize. It's easy to see how these fault lines in Freep could turn into full flame wars and zot-fests in those circumstances.

The only ideal result for DeSantis is for Trump to randomly die in the next year or so. Otherwise, he's gotta do something like coronate Trump while retaining the energy of the presumptive heir.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Zwabu posted:

Crossposting this question I posted about Telegram to the right wing media thread:

It's, theoretically, the most private/secure, so it would make sense that it has strong appeal to the conspiracy-minded. I would note that it seems to have a lot of penetration amongst olds in general, Q-adjacent or not.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Freep: This year it's just me and Jesus

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Freep: Likely collage educated

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

When you are engaged 24/7 in denying reality and substituting your own, denying a few facts barely even hits your radar.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Freep: And yet another day goes by with zero coverage of 3 Doors Down

Elephant Ambush posted:

Wait. Are freepers pro Russian imperialism now? I know they were pro Putin when he was doing all the anti LGBT stuff but I had no idea freepers thought that supporting Ukraine against the Russian invasion was a bad thing

as trump put it, he thought it was a real clever move by Putin.

The Freepers have no real empathy and cant understand solidarity or having the least concern for someone else. So their only framework for understanding why Biden would support Ukraine is that it must be a corrupt kickback scheme, because why else would you lift a finger?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Lmao at 'we got mr perfect here.'. Indeed, let he among us who hasn't cheated on their wife and then paid them off with other people's money throw the first stone

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

lmao at the 'feral' cat just biting for 'no reason' while you're trying to pet them

100% chance they simply ignored the signals the cat was giving them

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

DarklyDreaming posted:

Ok someone's gonna have to explain this one to me. Is there a conspiracy theory about Fauci's role in the first AIDS outbreak?

Fauci (who was at NIH even then) thought that maybe something could possibly perhaps be done about AIDS, which rendered him history's greatest monster long before Covid.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Mark Meadows to plead guilty in deal to testify against Trump: report

quote:

If they do this to Trump, they WILL do it to other political opposition.

And then there's the flip side of that ...

A Republican presidential candidate who has NOT been indicted by a Democrat Nazi prosecutor should be considered totally untrustworthy and will never get my vote.

[That's for anyone in the DeSantis campaign who might be listening.]

15 posted on 6/7/2023, 1:59:41 PM by Alberta's Child ("I've just pissed in my pants and nobody can do anything about it." -- Major Fambrough)

Echoed several times in the thread. At least its consistent?

quote:

So they have found a lever long enough or a price to turn another Trump appointee. It could be anything including family, children and anything else of value to Meadows IMO.

25 posted on 6/7/2023, 2:07:46 PM by Ex-Episcopalian
Or maybe its prison time, like all other plea deals.

quote:

Oh my goodness, not another sleazebag lose Trump appointed to his staff and cabinet!

This is why Trump absolutely must be his own Vice President, his own staff and his own cabinet.

Sola Trump!!! All Trump, all the time. No more sleazebag losers!!!

40 posted on 6/7/2023, 2:15:15 PM by Redmen4ever

I, uh, I'm... *pretty* sure this is poking fun.

quote:

We have got to stop buying into the democrat narrative. Trump did not lose. the election was stolen. In fact, becaue Trump’s actual margin of win was so large, the theft was clumsy and blatantly obvious. And that is what all of us should be saying over and over and over again. Never stop saying the obvious, the election was stolen and Trump won!

38 posted on 6/7/2023, 2:14:38 PM by erkelly

quote:

Sooner or later they will convict on general orangeness and badness

54 posted on 6/7/2023, 2:23:24 PM by dsrtsage ( Complexity is just simple lacking imagination)
Sure, sounds good.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 7, 2023

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

"A recording without Trump’s consent is illegal in Florida."

man thats a weirdly specific consent law

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

If the illegal immigrant population is so low, then why is everyone so worked up about it, huh?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Kill babies, eat burgers, that's america

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

This poster has functioning brain cells! Zot him!

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Literally preferring to burn in hell than admit someone else was right

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Libs seething and coping as I smirk into my mugshot

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Part of what makes Freep funny is there's still there's lingering conceit that they matter.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Freep: He's OUR greasy sociopath

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

lmao sarah palin as house speaker

sure why not

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

You're an evil communist agent of destruction who brings nothing but misery to the world. And your tie sucks!!!

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

lmao

Even more of a wild ride than usual

I was particularly taken by the poster that wanted to replace Lee's statue with Trump's.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

a bunch would absolutely write in Donald Trump no matter what

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Beastie posted:

I walked in on my new boss reading some rag blog called Ace of Spades and now I just assume he's one of the Freepers itt.

iirc thats one of the og conservative weirdo blogs from the Bush era

next thing he'll be reading Instapundit

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

kinda confused if sten thinks the deep state covid conspiracy was just too incompetent to engineer a virus that could hit those sort of kill numbers and had to make up the difference with fake vaccines, or why they wouldn't just use flu vaccines or mmr or something instead of a whole new one, or what

like it's this weird competency gap where the evil globalist conspiracy are wizards that can do basically anything except when it'd be helpful to them

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Noone got prostrate cancer before covid vaccines! Do your own research

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

another plot by the FBI to feed the media narrative that MAGA voters are insurrectionists

anyway, time to plan some terror bombings

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Think of how trump always behaves. He will go to any lengths to be perceived as the winner in any context, no matter how petty. If there's a chance of him being seen a loser he will run away faster than light. They prefer veterans who don't get captured~

If you have the means or power to win, then you exercise it. That means that axiomatically if you lose, its because you didn't have the power to be a winner. Thus by losing you were always the loser and weak and stupid.

in conclusion, its a lot like posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Sodomy on the mind, these freepers