Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I had never read the tire pile border wall post in the OP until now.

The best part for me was the Freeper acknowledging the huge flaw in the plan where the whole thing could just be set on fire by giving some vague mention of a fire retardant system that would somehow cover hundreds to thousands of miles. A quick look at google shows me that tire fires are notoriously difficult to extinguish, sometimes taking months or even years to do so.

Oh and the problem of pooled water being a breeding ground for mosquitoes is feature, not a bug! :v: What's Zika?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Odds of being killed in a terrorist attack in the US: 1 in 3.6 billion

Odds odds of dying from tainted food in the US: 1 in 106,300

Better stop eating anything, ever. :derp:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

Coaches and players don't have any influence on money, so that is unfair and very freep

Absolutely. Blaming coaches and players for the poo poo the team owners pull to get millions of tax dollars to build stadiums is complete bullshit.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

OptimusShr posted:

Jissed this the first time but:

If he means "Going over that it exists for at least 20 years" then this is correct.

I went to a conservative Christian high school and we had a whole semester that was just learning about all the other world religions. Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hindu, Shinto, Jainism, Zoroastrianism, Native American religions, plus a bunch more. We even took a field trip to a Buddhist temple and took part in meditation.

Freepers just like being ignorant and understand very little about Christianity, much less any other religious beliefs.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Freepers are passive aggressive assholes IRL and take pride in it.

I wonder why their children disown them.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Hello Meow posted:

Nah, they let them participate in their local schools usually.
It's weird like that.

I don't know how common this is but where I grew up, you could participate in public school activities in your district even if you didn't go to that school. I went to Christian schools and there were always a few students who played sports for the public school in their district because the public school was more competitive or offered a sport (usually football) that the Christian school didn't.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I went to a really lovely "non-denominational" Christian school all through elementary and I very specifically remember we had a Beka history textbook that was completely deplorable.

These are a couple of gems that I could find:

I went to a really decent Seventh Day Adventist high school were I befriended this girl who was home schooled up until freshman year. She had used the same history textbook and now we laugh about how we're hardcore liberal athiests and how lovely that book was.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

quote:

To: E. Pluribus Unum

I want a special museum for European-Americans and their huge contributions to America, science, math, inventions, discovery, freedom, constitutionalism, et all. And I demand it NOW.

25 posted on 9/24/2016, 10:17:16 AM by ShivaFan

So what you want is pretty much every museum ever? :confused:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

:regd16:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

McGlockenshire posted:

He won't be invited because he died ten years ago. The other two gentlemen were pallbearers at his funeral. This is in the article. With a photo of them carrying his casket. If you're gonna try the "but what about the white guy!?" tactic and link an article backing you up, at least have the courtesy to read the article.

Why they'd link this article to begin with is beyond me, given the content. It's a good read and it would probably piss off any freeper that actually spent the time going through it.

Freepers sure do love their barf alerts.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

McGlockenshire posted:

:stonklol:

I cant even

Someone else get it please. Please.

Do they tie this in with the Magic Johnson conspiracy theory? :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

quote:

quote:
To: 4yearlurker

I wonder if the Pittsburgh museum gives a similar break for retirees who have paid taxes all their lives.

21 posted on 10/09/2016 11:36:35 AM PDT by Ciexyz (After eight years of Obama, I can't afford to buy nothin'.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

It's called a senior discount and literally every museum ever has it.

I don't think they make you bring your complete lifetime's tax returns with you though so I guess Obama wins again. :argh: