Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

McGlockenshire posted:

quote:

To: joshua c

Islam is an evil idealogy that promotes the oppression of women, lying, slavery, the killing of gays and non-believers.

13 posted on 9/18/2016, 12:06:30 AM by Lopeover (2016 Election is about allegiance to the United States!)

There is no ironicat big enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

So what happens if Trump just drops out right now to run his new TV network?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how hilariously hosed would the Republicans be?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I hope he does go after Clinton, because that ends the unspoken 'you don't impeach me, I don't impeach you' agreement which every new administration has.

I can only imagine how much better the world would be today if Obama went after the Bush administration.

Also, corrupt public servants should be fed to woodchippers. So there's that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Alter Ego posted:

If we did this we'd have a "Designated Survivor" type scenario where all but a few government officials haven't been mulched and we need to start from scratch.

Not seeing the problem here.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

robotsinmyhead posted:

The Fake Media empire that pushes the right wing agenda has been building this lattice work of bullshit for years now and no one stopped them.

I don't really use Facebook, how does fake news even work?

Do they use a person's posting/search history to target the ignorant and gullible with wholly fictional clickbait designed to reinforce their facile worldview and then use the garnered pageviews to make their money from advertising?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
But who makes the fake news? Do sites deliberately lie to get pageviews?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
That's $10k to $30k per month.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. It's frightening how easy it is, too.

So many times in my life I could have gotten so very rich if only I had no sense or shame of basic human decency. I really don't know how people like this guy live with themselves.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 30, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

GreyjoyBastard posted:

...What's wrong with the Literal Combat Ship?

The hypothetical combat ship was a lot cheaper to run and the rhetorical combat ship made us rethink the need for any of them in the first place.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

McGlockenshire posted:

Fact check: The negotation to get the drone back was completed hours before Trump made his first tweet of the day about the drone incident. Not the second tweet in which he made that absurd "well just keep it then" idiocy, the first tweet hours before. If he'd been receiving his daily briefings, he'd have known this before he opened his orange maw.

Wait - he's still not taking his briefings?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I've never understood how the people who shout most loudly about how "I got there on my own" are always, without fail, the ones who had everything handed to them.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Freepers are now going off on "Ash", one of the whitest names you can have.

SMDH

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
So guys, how does it feel living in one of the periods of American history which will one day get an entire loving chapter in the history books?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

fishmech posted:

Your ISP is already selling your info if it wants to and has been for years. The rules against it were not to take effect until December.

One silver lining to this comes from the creator of Cards Against Humanity:

https://twitter.com/MaxTemkin/status/846856243797016576

No kickstarter of any bullshit like that. He's promised to straight out buy it with his own money and publish it all online:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
And to remind people - when armed racist loons took over that bird sanctuary last year, Temkin's the one who sent them a 50gallon drum of sex lube.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I hope, at this point, every journalist anywhere near this story is handing out burner phones like crazy, swapping their own burner often and not taking anything on their own phone.

When the story is treason, by god you want to make sure you're not going to end up as landfill or "fell to their death while installing a bath" like happens in Russia.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Neeksy posted:

I don't think their brand of hate has "died out" so much as it's just been expressed in new meme form in new places. The hatred is still the same on a base level. I guess we need a replacement thread that uses r/thedonald or whatever?

I'm sure you can find all the good old Freep hate on the Chans and Stormfront.

It's still around, probably always will be, it just has a new home as a new generation lifts up the torch and cries out, "Why isn't there a special week for white people!"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I don't know poo poo about running a website, but I know for a fact I could do it better than him.

Step one - outsource it to someone in India for $25k.

Step two - laugh and laugh and laugh.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I'd just like to point out that this already basically happened under the original ACA {{{Affordable Care Act, i.e. Obamacare}}}: all congressional staffer healthplans were put on the exchanges, other federal employee insurance plans were revised to ACA {{{Affordable Care Act, i.e. Obamacare}}} guidelines, and the federal contractor regulations were revised to award Health and Wellness stipends that were designed to encourage federal contractors to buy onto the exchanges to bolster the pools. And the reason that this idiot freeper and you the reader probably haven't heard about this is that it pretty much worked out fine.

But don't the politicians themselves get a super gold deluxe healthcare plan which exists separately from anything the plebs get?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

RagnarokAngel posted:

Ill be fair and say the secret service did say this has been a long term problem even before Trump. He's certainly not helping but its just a matter that the neccesary steps to protect the president continue to get more elaborate and they're required by law to follow all of them wheyher the president wants it or not.

But I think he's the first president to charge the secret service over $60,000 for the use of his own golf carts when he visits Mar a Lago.

Which is so lovely I can barely even process it.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Aug 23, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

McGlockenshire posted:

Who wouldn't want this picture on their money!?

quote:

Is this really one of the proposed designs, because that may well be the most awesome bit of currency I've ever seen in my life.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Fathis Munk posted:

I mean the acronym of Communists in America is CIA. Coincidence? I think not.

Kenyanesian, really ?

Maybe he saw the word "Keynesian" once and just really misunderstood what it meant?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah I briefly considered if it was maybe a pun on keynesian or some economics joke.

Ditto, but then I remembered it was Freep.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

chitoryu12 posted:

All right, I submitted copies of his posts in there (which continue to get more and more threatening) and one of his old ones where he was talking about executing Nancy Pelosi. I don't expect much of anything to come from it, but at least I did something.

We live in a world where Lowtax gets visits from the Secret Service.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Captain_Maclaine posted:

My "favorite" among the allegedly reasonable moderate Republicans is Susan Collins, who can reliably be counted on to express any number of serious concerns for whatever the administration's current hell legislation is, prior to falling in line and voting for it.

It always annoys the hell out of me that the press reports on politicians' comments, but rarely their actual votes.

I know a lot of votes are anonymous, so the press should follow up with them and ask them outright how they voted.

It would really help with those 'maverick' politicians.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
White Pride is like Men's Rights.

Turns out, it's not actually what it says on the tin. It's about making GBS threads on other people.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Slapfight or no, you can’t say that guy or the native people in general in any way “started it.” No one asked a troupe of anti-choice MAGA idiots to take time out of their busy day being reactionary and show up to the Indigenous Peoples’ March.

From the altright thread:

Palemdromes posted:

If you look at the video, apparently the native man walked up to the kid rather than the other way around? Sorta changes things.

Palemdromes posted:

Can you explain? From where I’m sitting it definitely does. If Chief Phillips went out of his way to stand in the face of a young man who was defending his classmates from homophobic and racial slurs aimed their way by Black Hebrew Israelites, that’s a big big piece of this confusing puzzle.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

CharlestheHammer posted:

Why would you pick the freep thread of all threads to try and defend the lovely fascist kid.

Because they're literally a chud with the brain worms.

Check out their rap sheet, it's a corker.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
"To the delight, I imagine, of the church’s enemies."

Welp, they got me there.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Someone used the term "Christianists" once to describe people like this.

They're not actually followers of the teachings of Christ, but they do describe themselves as Christian for identity and social purposes.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

pseudanonymous posted:

The origin of that is also that they didn't believe there were such things as black swans, that it was impossible, and then they found one (hundreds of years ago).

Well, not just one. Black swans are native to Australia and there are millions of the bastards.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It's a loving fish tank cleaning chemical.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

quote:

Scramble “PANDEMIC” and you get “DEM PANIC” !!

New thread title?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Please use 'functionally Rep*blican' from now on.

Thank you.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Those jokes don't seem as funny now that we know how much Lowtax spun his web of bullshit over how much these forums cost to run.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Georgia Peach posted:

Trump says coronavirus crisis will ‘get worse before it gets better,’ pleads with Americans to wear masks

quote:

Reverse psychology?

He’s hoping the Left starts to be against masks if he is for them?

The problem here is that Freepers forget that reverse psychology only really works against children, who are intellectually and emotionally immature.

Oh.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
There are no words.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

kik2dagroin posted:

quote:

To: ConservaTexan
Masks don’t do anything, many doctors have already demonstrated this.

Where do they even get this poo poo?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Soylent Pudding posted:

That's what I'm thinking and after this meeting I'm going to escalate through appropriate channels.

Freep has a bunch of very specific slang they use when discussing people they don't like. Mostly words they use to directly replace slurs.

I'm sure other posters here would be able to name a few of those and, from there, you could search the thread for them and come up with dozens of examples of the casual racism and homophobia Freep displays.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Electric Phantasm posted:

Who doesn't want to be left alone with their dogs, cheap wine, and their vibrator?

Sounds like a untapped market.

Sneeds Pet Food, Alcohol and Sex Toys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Guavanaut posted:

Why did HCQ stick around so long anyway? Normally with something relatively unknown being the miracle cure there's a pretty high churn on it, whether it's the superfruit of the month or whatever, and they'd be talking about how when Trump said inject bleach he was actually talking about blue light therapy and it's all about blue light now, especially in an area where the non-tinfoil advice keeps changing rapidly.

No, he was literally looking at this poster before he said that poo poo: