Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Ahhh, the freep thread. When I'm feeling down I remind myself that they will be dead soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Night10194 posted:

It's like my very own distant racist uncle has passed.

Exactly how I feel. I...feel strangely disquieted by this news.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I love that freep is following Trump's lead and going full-on appeasement in regards to Russia, when not even a few years ago Obama was an evil traitor for even daring to meet with Putin.

Like I know hypocrisy is basically all but lost on freep but I have to wonder if any of them ever have that moment of self-reflection.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

maxamericana is the guy who claims he greenlit iron man and basically started the entire marvel franchise

so he's either an extremely wealthy studio mogul who fires almost everyone who works for him every four years or he's lying

I'm gonna go with the second one

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

SocketWrench posted:

Of course not, because Trump picked him, and Trump is the chosen one. To question the chosen one is heresy and you will immediately be drug out behind a dumpster and shot.

Hey, kinda reminds me of some famous dictatorships Freep constantly rails on as bad.

Lol, churches actually do some humanitarian duties and freep once them all shut down...typical. After all, Jesus did state "gently caress you, got mine"

No, that one freeper covered it pretty well. If it's illegal but they personally agree with it they're proud conservative churches standing up for religious freedom, if not then they're evil liberal scum that should be jailed for treason. Pretty simple, really.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Gonna guess "no vote if you have public assistance" doesn't apply to social security, medicare or the military ~for some crazy reason~

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Duke Igthorn posted:

The point is that the damage Trump could potentially do is visible to everyone, even the people on his side won't let him swing the chainsaw at the lamp because it will damage it! Meanwhile Pence would carefully peal back the rubber sheath, carefully cut out a section of the copper wire, and the people will stand back and say "Why you can't even see the cut! It can't be that bad!"

Right. Because no other Republicans will have Nazis in their ear. Pence thinks you can shock the gay out of a person and that minorities shouldn't get a vote but at least he's not a Nazi!

Trumpgrets aren't hardcore Trump fans, it's why they're having Trump regrets. They're already turning on him, why would they suddenly rally behind him?

No one's arguing that Republicans including Mike Pence are good, but really if we're looking at President Pence versus President Bannon I'd still take the former. Also if Trump really did get impeached he would definitely go to war with the GOP and there are quite a few of his supporters who would go along with it which would only mean damage to the party. Which is a good thing. There's also pretty good reason to believe that Mike Pence doing the same things Trump did without the reality TV businessman persona would not get the the base as excited.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Mister Olympus posted:

I heard a brand-new wingnut claim today and can't remotely find a source for it; that Donald Trump is a Mormon, and everything he has done so far has been in accordance with Mormon law. This was apparently a good thing, not a conspiracy. What corner of the echo chamber did this come out of, or is it home-grown batshit?

-Doesn't drink

-Multiple wives

-Believes things that are easily proved false because it makes him feel better about himself

Yeah, checks out.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Freep rarely surprises me but "poor little Assad is being framed by John McCain" is so far from any logical frame of reference that I had to make sure I was reading it right.

"Those Muslin children deserved to be murdered with chemical weapons" is certainly more abhorrent but entirely predictable at this point :shrug:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

One of my direct supervisors is JW and extremely great at not being a scumbag middle manager, though she once admitted in frustration that while she has to stay out of politics because of her faith she is appalled by how embarrassing DJT is, and this was after he'd only been president a couple weeks

I always saw JW as a less-isolated version of Amish but with similar strict rules and non-interventionism :shrug:

I mean there's no way they can be worse than those baptist megachurches that pray for DJT to kill all the illegals or whatever (see: the thread we're posting in, right now)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Looking forward to the 'Obama's birth certificate is fake because the notary stamp is wrong' level legal takes that make it so trump is actually still president

'Trump didn't turn over the @POTUS password until January 24th so the swearing in ceremony actually didnt count', something like that