Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Freepers: He's black. He never counted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Freepers: We may be witnessing the second coming of Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Please tell me that fits

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Man I was hoping for something good out of freep regarding the literal nazi terror attack, but just the same old FALSE FLAG cries. I'm not surprised, just disappointed, freep.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Man, I liked freep better when they were descending into impotent rage at Trump's repeated and blatant failures. Too much tinfoil hat these days.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

C. Everett Koop posted:

Through the Tires and Flames was up there as well, though the best is still The Revolution Will Be Disavowed as a False Flag Conspiracy

You can't really beat There is always more, and it is always worse.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Jagged Jim posted:

There is no conservative case for regulating the internet. Period.

2 posted on 07/27/2018 1:26:15 PM PDT by Jim Robinson (Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]]

He seems the same as before to me.

I almost changed it to “normal” but that didn’t work either

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

SocketWrench posted:

There 's also tons of video of cops shooting unarmed black guys too

Um clearly those are all staged false flag operations too.

What was that thread title again?

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Ubiquitous_ posted:

The Freeper hoping for "bathroom beatdowns" of innocent transgender kids is just awful.

Always more, always worse.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Freepers: Liberals ram all this vile sexual perversion down our throats!
Also Freepers: Whipping your dick out in public and attacking women with it is totally normal behavior, grow up prudes.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

predicto posted:

You grossly underestimate their ability to retcon their most deeply held beliefs

They do it every time

The other night Tucker Carlson tried real hard to convince me that the MAINSTREAM MEDIA had been downplaying the virus and that glorious heroes at Fox News like himself had been sounding the alarm.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
loving YouTube keeps showing me Epoch Times ads and it’s like a little dose of Freep every loving video I watch.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Can’t remember which talking head responded to this sentiment but it was along the lines of:

This isn’t a fair analogy because rats weren’t complicit in the sinking of the ship.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Scratch Monkey posted:

The rats were the ones who chewed through the vital component keeping the ship afloat

Republicans and the right wing echo chamber, yes. I mean this isn’t fair to actual rats.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Scratch Monkey posted:

Apparently a 'sunshine patriot' is someone who isn't willing to crush dissent with violence.

Oh, they're willing. They just realize they're not able to, and that the military is not actually going to do it for them.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Nessus posted:

The amount that people will sacrifice in order to get a hypothetical emotional reaction from a stated enemy group never fails to astound me.

They dont think it’s a sacrifice to wear a swastika

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
I can’t believe the old thread title came literally true

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Wildeyes posted:

Psssh, as a chick in my 20s on OKCupid, let me tell you that the on-the-spectrum tech dudes, manchildren, and 45-year-old cradle robbers could not get enough of me.

I read this out loud to a late-30s colleague and she said "It gets worse. Eventually there's both manchildren and just children."

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
As a Minnesotan it just didn't occur to me that there are people who straight up don't understand how snow works.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
I have to spend the next few days flying a plane with a real life, breathing loving freeper.

Satan help me.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Yes, flight crews are often paired up for several days or more.

So far the angry rants have been mostly aimed at the company and quite frankly most of that is justified.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

kartikeya posted:

I am constantly exhausted by the take that conspiracy theorists or people who are just incredible assholes with rear end in a top hat beliefs and motivations are obviously mentally ill, and therefore shouldn't be allowed to participate in society/should be locked up for the good of all.

Just loving stop it, please.

Yeah, conspiracy theories are more about being "special." Part of the select in-group of really smart people who see the real truth unlike all those dumb sheeple. It's a big rear end planet with 7 billion people on it and we want to feel like we matter somehow, some of us turn to this kind of mindset.

There's also a smattering of order vs. chaos. The big conspiracy is less terrifying because we know about it, it's part of some design. Even if we can't stop the evil plan, knowing it's part of a plan is a lot less troubling than the reality: sometimes terrible poo poo just happens for no good goddamned reason. 9/11 was this grand supervillain plot that required thousands and thousands of people to pull off, instead of just a small group of assholes proving our country was waaaayy easier to attack than we thought it was. Sometimes a random rear end respiratory virus mutates in a way that makes it significantly more infectious and deadly and it spreads like wildfire because our society is not at all set up to contain it.

I think it's not always so much about believing in something that is false, but rather having absurd interpretations of things that are true. The old adage about hearing hooves and thinking horses instead of zebras, the conspiracy theorist hears hooves and thinks unicorns. And that's why no amount of logical discussion will break them out of it. No amount of explaining that unicorns aren't real will work. They already have their proof. They hear the hooves. Oh so you're denying that there are hooves, you sheep?

Just waving it off as "they're just crazy lol" doesn't help anyone and provides no insight.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Captain Log posted:

It's amazing when you see a lightbulb start to flicker in a Freeper's head. It's like The Singularity is almost happening.

*bulb detonates*
Unions did this

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Xiahou Dun posted:

Source your quotes.

Our track record isn't exactly stellar

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
“Hmm yes, I should further destabilize the energy market. This is definitely good for me personally.” -Joe Biden, I guess.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Xiahou Dun posted:

You know, if there weren’t a timestamp on that post it would be literally impossible to tell what it might be in reference to.

I actually don’t know what is referenced

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Freep: Google Gaurillia War

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

OAquinas posted:

They believe the brainworms give them Authority.

No man they think Baldur's Gate 3 is "woke."

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

The Artificial Kid posted:

“I need to make a witty version of Obama’s name that will convey how much I despise him. Hmmm…Obama…Obama…I know, “O’Vomit”! Ehehehe got ‘em!”

The apostrophe makes it more Irish sounding which is the opposite of what they are going for

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
This dude talked about Trump wanting to hang out with rappers for the cred and the example he came up with in 2023 was Coolio. (RIP)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
ok "Hamascide" is actually pretty good.