Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Yinlock posted:

(did he seriously have a militia named the White League because jesus christ)

Jackson did not have a militia named the White League, rather, the White League was analogous to the early KKK (essentially every former Confederate state in the immediate aftermath of the Civil War set up their own private militias to keep African-Americans "in their place,") and responsible for the Colfax Massacre in 1873 where 150 African-Americans were rounded up, put in a church which was lit on fire, and when they ran out, shot. So, real upstanding Southern folk there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

I feel that I must go lay down in the street and die now.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

i am enjoying how Freep -- family website that it is -- has collectively decided that since Trump used the word 'pussy' in 2005, that it's a perfectly fine thing to say, on a family website.

also:
Freepers: have they listened to any of the rap music

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

MeLKoR posted:

The Danger of Delegitimizing Drumpf

There isn't an ironicat big enough for this thread. Anyway...

lofuckingl I was involved in campus civil rights movement but never heard of John THE LITERAL CHAIRMAN OF THE STUDENT NON-VIOLENT COORDINATING COMMITTEE Lewis. Yeah, right. I buy that.